Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #1  

Default I put me first...now I'm nervous...

I work in a small office of only 4 people. I discovered this weight loss/health competition called The Game On Diet. I told one of my two bosses about it and she suggested that the four of us break into teams and compete. The object of the game is not so much to lose weight as it is to gain healthy habits. So you get points for every healthy habit you take on and lose points for screw ups.

But diet is really restrictive. Binge trigger for me. So we modified for me so that I would just use my daily Weight Watchers points and not my 35 extra weekly allowance.

Today I used a bunch of my weekly WW points on a binge! I chose Weight Watchers for a reason! They give me flexibility with how much I can eat and what I can eat. I haven't binged in a long time and I feel awful.

Anyway, this won't work for me. I text messaged my boss, told her that I need to think about whether I can do this because I can't get derailed over this silly contest. I'm in this thing for the long haul; I have well over 100 lbs to lose.

I feel nervous because this has turned in to some big "team building" exercise and I don't want to have face my other co-workers. But I'm proud of myself for taking care of me.
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

It sounds like you are putting yourself first and your true needs first by fessing up that this "game" is not right for you.

Weightloss to me is so extremely personal and so intimate really that I chose from the beginning not to discuss it with anyone casually.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 02-26-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

You're right about backing out if you don't feel right about it. I've been in so many offices where a group of people did these challenges. When someone with deeper food issues gets roped into it, it can be a bad fit. Too much pressure, etc. Just do what you gotta do!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I think you made the right decision. If you co-workers care about you, they'll understand why you did it (if you want to explain it to them, which you absolutly don't have to do).

Putting you first is important, and difficult--total NSV!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/210/180

Height: 5' 7"

I think you absolutely did the right thing. I personally can't do challenges because for some reason I'm just setting myself up for failure. It's like somthing clicks in my brain and instead of seeing how much I can lose, I see how much I can gain.
NebraskaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 AM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

I feel you hun! I think you're doing the right thing for yourself. Put yourself first. YOU KNOW YOU BEST!

I usually binge like crazy if I feel pressured into losing weight.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Absolutely don't do it if it makes you end up binging! I've had times where being on challenge thread here was fabulous, and other times where being in a simple tracking thread just backfired on me. It's OK. The important thing is just to recognize what you need, and give it to yourself.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Maybe you can do some type of modified plan? Certain diets don't fit everyone, but maybe you can still participate by doing a version that is right for you and still encourages you to still with your healthy eating and weight loss goals.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote