Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

Default I Didn't Do It!!! Yessss!!!

For the past week or so, I've been craving ribs. I didn't necessarily need the whole BBQ experience, though I certainly would have enjoyed it (BBQ ribs, potato salad or mashed potatoes, cole slaw, corn on the cob, mac & cheese etc etc), I just wanted a big tub of ribs drowning in delicious BBQ sauce.

I didn't tell anyone about this craving, no, BEYOND craving. Obsession, lol. But tonight, my dad brought home dinner (I'm living at home my last semester of college to save money) and guess what it was? RIB TIPS. Oh heart attack, oh blessed clotted arteries, I was so happy! I got a plate, and just as I was preparing to faceplant into the rib tip bucket, I stopped and thought, "OK, I can have some ribs, they're not extremely healthy and I haven't 'saved up' calories for a splurge, but I can still have a few." So I took 3 rib tips, 3 little measily rib tips, and some BBQ sauce. I also took some baked chicken breast we had from yesterday. Finally, I microwaved about a cup or so of frozen brussels sprouts (my fav vegetable!). I ate and - wouldn't you know - I was satisfied!! My family finished the rest of the ribs, so I couldn't go back for more anyways, but I was happy. I'm not entirely sure how many calories I ate, but I had 500 - 600 cals left for today, and I'm pretty confident I stayed within them. AND now I've beaten my weeklong craving for BBQ.

I wanted to binge so, so badly right before dinner but I stopped myself. If I make it through tomorrow night, I will have not binged for a month - a record!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

YOU GO GIRL!!!
I don't think I would have been able to resist in a situation like this! And congrats on your month without binging!
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/199/135

Height: 5'2''

That's wonderful! Very inspiring to put yourself in control that way.
mizmerricat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #4  
Fatty McFatfat

S/C/G: 105kg/102kg/70kg

Wow, what amazing strength! Those week long cravings can be the absolute worst! Good for you, you should be very proud of yourself.
Kapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:05 AM   #5  

Congratulations! This is so inspiring. Next time I think I'm having massive cravings, I will think of you and your willpower!
badpun is offline   Reply With Quote