Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8

Default The best non-fiction book I've ever read..

Naturally Thin by Bethenny Frankel

I read this over a year ago when I started to binge and it stopped me immediately. It put me in such a good mindset and gave me a great perspective toward food and my way of eating. Her "rules" and perspectives worked wonderfully until a little over 40 days ago when I got so emotional I forgot it all and relapsed. I just dug it out of my closet and am reading it again. Before I finished the first paragraph I'm already thinking.. "Wow I can't believe I let myself be obsessed with food again.. That isn't me."
I'm keep this next to my bed like a bible.

I definitely recommend you ladies pick it up if you haven't. It makes binging and overwating so much easier to overcome. Its worked for me.. And even though I had a relapse for a couple weeks, I remember the rules and I've been 41 days binge free and have barely over eaten or had a slipup (with food atleast)

Have you read it? Tell me what you thought!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #2  

Height: 4'11"

thanks for the suggestion. I requested it from the library!
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

I've added this to my holds list as well!

I think the book that has really helped me so far is Binge Breakers even though I have difficulty implementing all the steps. The day I actually stop eating in front of a television is when **** freezes over. But it's still a great book and has helped me tremendously.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8

Awesome! This book has ten rules about how to approach food and eating. It's disclaimer is that its not a "diet book," its just a new perspective on food in your life. Let me know what you think! Its also great because you can flip through it first to get the gist of it and then go back and read in detail. That way you don't have to wait days to read through to start making a change.

My favourite rule: check yourself before you wreck yourself!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/158.2/130

Height: 5'1"

I think I need to check it out. I've been in a bad place since we got back from vacation a few weeks ago.
bananasmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #6  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh! Thanks for the tip. I plan to get the book to read on our way down to the beach. Maybe some of the tips will help keep me in check while on vacation!
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #7  

I just got a Nook for my birthday yesterday. I have added this to my ebook wish list. I am still reading Food Addicts by Kay Shepperd. Thank you for sharing it with us!
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote