Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #1  
Jamie

S/C/G: 200.8/195.6/139.0

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hi - New Here

CROSS POSTED FROM INTRODUCTIONS FORUM

Hi, my name is Jamie.

I am a 26 year old, married mother of one. I just started the SlimFast diet this past Sunday to lose some baby and post-partum depression weight.

I am absolutely a yo-yo dieter and a compulsive/binge eater, so weight has ALWAYS been an issue for me. I actually didn't gain a whole lot of weight while pregnant. Unfortunately, while trying to get pregnant, I had the "I'm going to get fat anyway" attitude, and I packed on a lot of lbs. I lost 30 lbs the first two weeks after my son was born, but then packed on that weight plus more when the PPD came on. I am now the absolute heaviest I've ever been in my life. I weigh more now than I did while pregnant.

I am finally feeling in control of my depression so I am hoping, like always, to ditch my bad eating habits for good, get this weight off and keep it off.

My initial goal is to get out of the "obese" BMI range and into "overweight." My long-term goal is to get smack-dab in the middle of the "healthy" range, which for me is 135 lbs. I'd like to do this over the next year.

Like I said, I follow SlimFast, but I also enter my food into FitDay. I am eating 1500-1600 calories right now. I also have some new exercise DVDs on the way. I have some binge eating books that I need to get back out and read again, too.

I am going to reward myself for meeting my monthly goal of 5-8 lbs per month with a new head-to-toe outfit a month. Nothing motivates a girl more than new clothes, right?

I look forward to finding some motivation buddies and some binge eating support. I'm sure it will be a pleasure to get to know you all!
JLS39311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Welcome!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Welcome Jamie!

It's so nice to have you join us! I have two kids and had some terrible PPD, so you've come a long way! I, too, put on more pounds after I had my babies than while I was actually pregnant.

I think that it's good that you're counting calories. If Slim Fast helps you to get on track, then use it. You're probably very busy and it's nice to have something right there that you can grab. I like to keep some frozen foods like Lean Cuisine in my freezer, along with some low cal organic frozen things.

Have you been exercising at all? I find that working out really helps me to get "my head on straight." I used to put my babies in a sling called Baby Bijorn and walk around like that, which was a fairly good workout and it kept my cranky babies somewhat satisfied. Those DVD's that you've got coming will be great too! Anything to get moving is awesome.

Rewards are excellent! I like to buy workout clothes so not only do I feel rewarded, but I'm more motivated to go workout some more. Also, the workout clothes tend to stretch, so they last me a very long time. My favorite brand is Lululemon. It's really pricey, but super flattering.

I'd be delighted to be your buddy. Just PM me anytime and I"ll get back to you fairly fast. I'm usually on here several times a day, unless I'm out of town or something.

Nice to "meet" you!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #4  
Jamie

S/C/G: 200.8/195.6/139.0

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks for the warm welcome luckymommy. PPD has been killer for me. It's that whole "I eat because I'm unhappy, I'm unhappy because I eat" thing. As my depression worsened, I ate more. The heavier I get, the more depressed I get, and the further into my pit of despair I descend. I'm trying my hardest to find a wee bit of leftover sexiness to cling to so I can start shoveling myself out.

The appeal of SlimFast is most definitely its convenience. I have an hour commute to and from work, and my boss graciously lets me skip lunch so I can get home an hour sooner. Being able to "drink" my lunch helps tremendously.

I haven't exercised yet - though I just started this weight loss endeavor Sunday. My exercise DVDs got here in the mail today, and I think I'll give the 15 minute Walk Away the Pounds a go this evening.

I have a Moby Wrap, which I love, but no Baby Bjorn. But I wouldn't be able to walk outside this time of year anyway. I'm from PA, and it's below zero with the wind chill right now.

I am hoping my rewards work to keep me motivated. I am giving myself the right to splurge - once per month - for me. No Mom guilt. The workout gear can come out of our regular household expense money as far as I'm concerned, lol!

I thank you again for the warm welcome, and I look forward to chatting with you in the future!
JLS39311 is offline   Reply With Quote