Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Smile Oops too many binges... Well I'm back anyway!

I went binge free for so long that it was just going to happen... and it went on for about 2 months. I just stopped cooking and started eating rubbish, like literally eating packets of biscuits/cookies, loaves of bread (wtf?!?!) and anything else I could get my hands on. LOL

Ok I know it's not funny, but it's the truth! But last saturday just made me change..I'd eaten 4 chocolate bars, 2 bags of potato chips, 500mls of coke, a cupcake, fried egg sandwich with ketchup, 5 choc chip cookies and a chinese take away. The next day I was SO ill...I was continuously sick, couldn't sit straight, couldn't lie down from the pain, I was throwing up every 30mins... My body just couldn't take the food. The pain and sickness carried on until Wednesday when I looked in the mirror and had to question how much I was letting myself down.. Just a month and a half ago I was looking better than I have in AGES, and yet I was letting myself continuously binge. I woke up on Thursday, re-joined my slimming group and decided to get back on track. I got weighed and I thought I'd basically put all my weight back on but I've kept off 2 stones and 2lbs... It relieved me in a way, I've put about a stone on but I'll lose that for sure!

Thanks for reading this, I just really needed to get this all off my chest, because I felt so bad for letting myself go after being so strong. But I'm happy to be back, I forgive myself for binging & I hope I can avoid them from now and continue losing weight.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

Hi
I'm new to the board, I reached my goal weight earlier this year and now I try to maintain. I understand how you feel. I often look at pictures of my summer vacation and I wish I could stay like that forever. unfortunately, I had to move back to my parents in September and I can't move out before April, and with all the junk around I just can't stop myself from binging.

I had some weeks of doing ok, then some real bad weeks. Until that one day I was getting ready to visit my sister.... and I just stuffed my face all day with all I could find, I was so full and it hurt and I did so want to just lie down but I couldn't (was going there by plane). Then I went on eating too much while staying with my sister. I finally got it kind of under control now. If only there weren't those sundays.....Im doing just great Monday thru Saturday right now, but Sunday is bad .
At the moment I try to maintain and I'm planning on losing what I gained back during the last 3months.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #3  
a FATabulous girl

S/C/G: 470/392/180

Height: 5 ft 8 in

This addiction is a serious one, Don't get me wrong, But, You can beat it. I have gone back and fourth for years. Losing some, gaining back even more.. It's a vicious cycle of abuse. Self medicating is what I think. I know what helps is figuring out what triggers or binges also thinking about what has happened in our lives to make us keep putting on a cover of weight so to speak. I recently started therapy and medication and it is helping, I have came so far out of the latest reclusive state into trying my hardest. This is one fight we have to fight with all our might but we can do it. Just pick yourselves up and dust yourself off and keep going because at the end of the day you are the only person that has to look in the mirror tomorrow.
Best wishes
christymourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #4  
k8t
k8t

Lizaly, good for you for having reached your goal before. You've recognized the problem, which is always the first step to coming up with a solution. I agree with christymourning. Bingeing is hard to control. After all, we have to eat. But, you can do it. Binging is a temporary emotional anesthesia. It feels good short-term, but as soon as you stop eating, the feelings you have to deal with and the disappointment you feel with yourself are not worth it....and you are also left with the long term consequences for your body. You can beat this, and you have come to the right place. We all understand what you are going through here.

What do you think happens on Sundays that triggers your binges?

Last edited by k8t; 12-06-2009 at 04:18 PM.
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #5  
k8t
k8t

Wecome back, Soul Survivor! There isn't a person on this thread that hasn't done the same thing. You're on the right track now. I know you can reach your goal!
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #6  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back! It seems as if you are doing everything in your power to stop the bingeing and get yourself back in control and into losing mode. Feel free to join us on the weekly binge-free chat!
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:40 AM   #7  
--Writer--

S/C/G: 227/220.2/199

Oh, I totally get where you are coming from. It seems that never fully get away from my binge sessions. Sometimes I consume so much food that my tummy balloons up to nearly twice its normal size. It's pretty gross. And it gets uncomfortable for me to sleep...

I dunno if one can ever get ride of the temptation of binges, but we just gotta keep chugging along! =)
PastelApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'4" (1.6m)

Hi Soulsurvivor - I think you've done a wonderful thing drawing a line under your bingeing behaviour! OK - it happened - but you are still WAY ahead by still being over 2 stone down! It is our all or nothing attitude that plays a big part in our bingeing cycles and you've taken yourself out of the game this time. I wish I was that strong at the moment! xxx
madharri123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #9  

Thank you so much everyone! I know you all can understand , and that makes me feel so much better. I don't think i would have stopped if ihadnt have been so I'll the other week!
Madharri - you are as strong as you let yourself be, I can't let myself binge or I'll be going back to looking the way I did.. It's really hard but I feel better when I wake up after eating well as compared to a binge! You can do this, you ARE strong enough!
Xxxx
Old 12-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #10  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

What has happened in your life since you started binging? I mean, what are your worries now? Can you tell me something about what your stresses are (if you don't mind)?

For me, a real emergency will not cause a binge. But if I am prey over a long period of time to a constant, low-grade anxiety -- as I am now, with Christmas approaching, and a visit from my mother, and both of us mourning my father's death last November, and my end-of-year performance review coming at work -- then I become extremely vulnerable. None of these things in & of themselves are as shocking & seemingly impossible to deal with as my father's death was last November. Yet I did not binge then. It's when there's a constant humming buzz of worries like a crowd's roar inside my head that I get jumpy & unsettled & start craving self-medicating through food.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #11  

To be honest it wasn't really any kind of stress... It was just me not eating in the day and coming home late at night to binge on food that I probably should have just put on the side, or had as a snack. But the day I binged so much, was just a day I felt so greedy, I just wante to eat and keep eating... Just to savour the taste! I guess it's just down to not organising my time. It's just falling back into old cycles.