Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #1  

Default Bingeing and purging....so messed up and don't know what to do

Hi all,

I've lost a lot of weight recently by dieting and excerise but recently, about 2 months or so, i have been bingeing on foods and then making myself sick. I do about once every three days. I am ashamed and disgusted with myself. I know that i need some kind of help....i am already on anti depressants and i'm so scared that if i admit this to anyone i might have my kids taken away from me.
I hate myself for this but i can't seem to stop it and i so desperately want to.
dita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #2  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Dita

I don't think you'll have your children taken away for binging and purging food. But you definitely DO need professional help... this can be very serious... purging can result in fluid and electrolyte imbalances, cardiac arrhythmia, esophageal erosion and tooth loss/decay. You'd be surprised how common your condition is, but please seek help.
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #3  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Don't be ashamed and disgusted...

It's a temptation. Especially for anyone who has struggled with weight and food problems and has low self esteem. And I know that once you do it that first time, it is easy to make it a habit...

Definitely get some help, find someone to talk to, before it gets more out of control and turns into an every day and then a multiple times a day issue. It's easier to get help at this point than later.

You love your kids and your concern is for them...you don't seem like a negligent mom at all and I doubt that your children would be taken away because of this personal struggle you have.

Good luck...chin up!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I would tell someone- you really need to get professional help- think of it this way- if you get worse and more out of control to where you have to be hospitalized that's when you might not be with your children- I'd get help now so you never get to that point.

beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #5  

Thanks for all your replies....i called my pyschiatrist and have got an appointement with him on Monday morning. I know that i have to get this matter dealt with, i'm just so scared that they will think i am not of a sane mind to look after my children. I am....i love them so much and i hate that i am doing this when they are under my care. That's why i have to take control now before it spiral out of control.

Thank you all for being so understanding and supportive....i was scared i was going to get blasted for being irresponsible.
I will let you know how it all goes xx
dita is offline   Reply With Quote