Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Frantic-Cool Ranch doritos are one of my favorites, I can't keep them in the house. Ugh! It's like they have crack in them.

And KarenLee--fake it 'till you make it! This seriously is my life's strategy! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And food fantasies, what you can eat alone--all the time! Apparently not so crazy... I think that the anticipation is often better than the binge itself. Although the anticipation can be torture, if you're with other people and you have to wait awhile for a binge.

I often think about how a normal person would eat. I used to have a roommate, very thin (healthy though), who would often indugle in "treats". But she wouldn't hide it, she wouldn't obsess over it. So I try to eat like that now. If I want a little treat when I'm out with friends, that's fine. Just not alone. No extra treats when I'm in my apartment, alone, because then I'll go overboard. If I feel ashamed about it, if I feel I need to hide it, I do my best not to eat it.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Regarding Reeces PB Cups, they used to trigger me to binge after Easter or Halloween. They are absolutely my favorite candy and I don't think there is any dessert I'd rather have.

With trigger foods, some people have the best luck eliminating them from their diet. But I decided to work them into my diet. I found the smallest full-size ones (80 cals each -- the minis just don't do it for me) and I eat one each day. I make sure I *only* eat it after I am relatively full. I think this is the most important step (making sure you don't eat it when you are even a little hungry).

It's been over a year and just a few times I was tempted to break my one-a-day rule. The fact that I could have one the next day,. and every day helped keep it in check.

Just recently, only a few days ago, I chose not to eat my PB cup (I had eaten an entree with PB in it) and instead opted for a square of dark chocolate. I wondered if that would *ever* happen.

Aside from that PB cup, my normal diet is relatively spartan. But the PB Cups have lost the power they once held over me and I still get to look forward to a treat every day.

Last edited by yoyoma; 10-17-2009 at 11:31 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #18  

You've conquered the cups, yoyoma! congrats! That's actually not a bad idea. I don't think I'd be able to resist having more than one a day, at least not at this point. I hope someday that I'll be able to have them in the house, because they really are a lovely little treat, if only I could keep it at that!

I find that the weight watchers peanut butter cup sundae isn't a bad subsitute for the days that I'm craving them. And I can control myself after one of those, so no problem keeping them in the house (they're good, but not nearly as good!)
Old 10-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 275/173/150

Height: 5'5"

I have a hard time with ice cream. So I have the fat free kind, or low fat frozen yogourt. I still eat too much of it sometimes. I'm on WW and counting points for it sucks!

My big strategy that has helped me a lot though is that I eat a LOT of veggies. I used to binge on pasta, so now I make whole wheat pasta, protein with it, and a ton of veggies. My big combo is zucchini, mushrooms and red pepper. I load up my bowl with one cup pasta, some protein, spaghetti sauce and a ton of those veggies. I'm stuffed after eating! And mostly what I've eaten is veggies yk?
myrrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #20  

Myrrah-I used to binge on pasta too. That was my number one binge food, it was included in almost everything. I still eat it, but like you, the whole wheat kind. I've found that the whole foods brand, 365, taste like regular pasta (almost)!
Old 10-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris81 View Post
I want to eat an indefinite amount of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I want to buy a bag, and dive in. I imagine I would eat the whole bag (it's happened before). I don't just want one. That would not curb this kind of craving. I'm craving as many as I can stuff into my mouth. Not just the taste, but the fullness.

I want to fit into an old pair of pants that are waiting for me in my dresser. I want to fit into old shirts and sweaters that are waiting for me in a storage bin in my closet. Easily accessible.

So how do I reconcile these two desires? It's not possible. So I have to go through my day and hope and pray that the desire to eat innumerable amounts of Peanut Butter Cups doesn't take over the desire to wear old clothes. I think that this is why this is so hard-conflicting desires. I can't have both. Not in the way that I want them.

OMG, this so sounds like me. I too want to eat a whole bag of reeses or any candy I like. I'm addicted to them. Ever since last time I ate reeses and got a headache I realized I can't eat ANY chocolate because it obviously gives me headaches. Even when it's halloween I am not giving in.

I too have a whole bunch of smaller clothes that I can't fit, and I'm just saving them for when I do lose some weight. Since I got very few clothes right now that DO fit me I have got to keep my eating under control and eat small and healthy.
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote