Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-14-2009, 06:26 AM   #16  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

KarenLee

Starting day 4!

Hang in there everyone. Baby steps!

Last edited by inthemidst; 10-14-2009 at 06:27 AM.
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:33 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I'm on Day 28! It's getting tough. I thought it would get easier the longer I went, but I've had such cravings recently. I think about it, and I want to use "You haven't binged in so long" as an excuse to binge.

But then I think about how I could possibly get to a whole month binge-free. AHH!! Plus all the Halloween candy in the grocery stores, right at the entrace, really, really doesn't help! And it snowed the other day-perfect hunker down and binge weather ! (as is a sunny day, rainy day, windy day, cold day, hot day, etc--Just excuses here!)
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #18  
Kay

S/C/G: 214.5/TICKER/130

Height: 5'3"

While I wouldn't count today as a binge by any means, it certainly wasn't the greatest day for my diet. I was about 500 calories over...damn chocolate. I'm really frustrated with myself right now, because this is the first time I've slipped up in weeks. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day...
polarisx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

Default all or nothing

Hi guys,
I am just getting started on being binge-free (again), so I don't want to sound like I am getting ahead of myself, but of course I have been there (many) times before.

I am curious how you all deal with the all or nothing side of binging. How do you kick the binging habit? Do you have to be 100% junk food free? If you have one small handful of M&M's can you stop yourself?

For me, I have to start out TOTALLY controlled to break the habit. It takes me about six weeks to see the results of my restricted diet and then i start loosing up. Eventually I am back to eating junk almost everyday.

My idea of being free of this insanity is to be free of the obsession and the ability to have a treat once and a while without slipping down the slope to binging every night. However, when I "diet" I am 100% controlled and try not to eat ANY junk. It is so hard to live in the middle.

Any thoughts? Advice?
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Day 2 (yesterday wasn't perfect, some overeating but not a B).

I think it's really hard to find a middle ground.
Sometimes I do better being 100% strict, and sometimes I do better if I cheat a little.
But cheating a little quickly gets out of control.......while being OVERLY strict results in a binge....
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #21  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

It's day 2 for me today.

I am all or nothing. Either I am 100% off plan or I am bingeing the whole day. I really wish I could break free of the pattern, but I have no idea how.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #22  

I know, I think I do OK when I am 100% committed. I think it is like being an alcoholic, one drink and...pow! But I would really like to be a "social drinker" once I lose my weight!

I went to a counselor about six months ago. She was helpful in some ways, but not so helpful in other ways. She said she thought eating was one of the only ways I know how to nurture myself. She thought that if I found other ways to nurture myself, I wouldn't turn to food for comfort so much.

What do you guys think about that? Do you think binging is comforting?
Old 10-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #23  

Height: 5'10"

Binge-free Wednesday. That's 5 days binge free.
fitwayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

KarenLee, I think bingeing is comforting for a few fleeting minutes while the taste is in my mouth - after that it becomes the opposite of comforting.

Paris, day 28, that is great!

Today was almost day one for me. Almost.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Karen Lee--I find that if I'm too controling with myself, I go crazy. So when I'm out with others, I let myself eat closer to the idea of what I want (obviously if what I want is fettuccine Alfredo or something equally over the top, I tame myself).

This works for me because I've never had a problem eating too much in front of others. Sure, I can over indulge a bit, but not out of control to the point where it's hurting my weight loss. I imagine that this will get more difficult when (notice that--WHEN!) I'm smaller, but for now it works well. That way I get a taste of what I want without going overboard. It helps that I live alone, and most of my meals are alone, so for those I'm super good, and it's not quite as hard. (although lately as you can see from my post that I've been struggling these past few days!)

You can get there! I'm on 29 days binge free, and this is something that I honestly didn't think I was capable of.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:51 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

ooo I'd like to join you all!

I have been binge free since October 9th! So almost 1 week!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #27  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Hey everyone. 3 Bad Days.

First day, I thought well, did not eat enough during the day...
Second day, announced binge to dh (he was witness to part of it), did not have any good reason...
Third day, I have that telltale hormonal headache today. It is making a little more sense to me now. But still,this morning was a minorly mitigated disaster. I am off plan..way off plan.

Even taking a birth control pill daily (no withdrawal for periods), my darn hormones get the better of me. I guess I should be happy my ovaries are working

But here I am. I will be posting. I WILL be posting!

KarenLee, yup, that's when the hard time hits me most often.

Wardhog, the all or nothing part is so hard for me to temper. I believe it is a personality thing.

DogMomNP-- are you a nurse practitioner? or are those your initials (been wondering)

Iris, good news is welcome! And also helps to reinforce good habits.

GO paris, midst, looser and fitway!

now I head to daily plate------>

Last edited by kittycat40; 10-15-2009 at 11:20 AM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #28  
on a journey

i'll have to start over tomorrow, i ate way too much today. i'll also hit the gym again tomorrow.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #29  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Day 3 for me today. I just booked our flights to go to my grandma's for Thanksgiving, so I really need to keep it up.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #30  

Default inspiring

You guys are so inspiring!! Even if you have a bad day (or two or three) you get back at it!! Way to go!!