Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/178/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Forgiving yourself after a binge?

How do you do it? It's the next day and I'm still beating myself up about it.
Any help appreciated.
CaptainKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

I think the way you react to the binge is a bigger issue than the binge itself. You can either react negatively and sink yourself or you recognize that it was a minor blip and get right back on track. The binge is only a problem if you let it take you down. Look at how great you have done this far!

Now, stop beating yourself up and keep on going.

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #3  

Height: 6-1.5

I have no remorse or feelings of guilt after a binge. Obviously, I should.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I just get back on track ASAP and try to focus on how well I recovered, rather than on how bad the binge was
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Dust yourself off, and try again. I've been doing this weight loss thing for a bit now, and believe me - SLIP UP'S HAPPEN. It's all apart of the journey.

Last edited by luvja; 08-26-2009 at 10:26 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

How do I do it? I remember the last time I didn't forgive myself. I completely gave up, gained all the weight back + another 30 lbs. Yeah, that really worked out well didn't it?

I realize now that I will slip up on occasion and the most important thing is to learn from it (did I not eat breakfast? was I stress eating? did I just give in to the lust I have for food?). Tomorrow truly is a new day.

I also remind myself of how far I've come (instead of how far I have to go). I visualize what 17 lbs of butter would look like (that's the amount I've lost so far) and when I do that it makes a huge impact on me. 17 is just a number that seems so insignificant until I think in terms of 1 lb packages of butter. I know I don't want to put that weight back on, so I forgive myself and move forward.

Works for me and I hope you find something that works for you!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I guess I try to think about my options. I can not forgive myself, feel so awful, think "Well this is who you are, a fat girl who binges. So I should be true to myself and keep going!" and I keep bingeing, and I gain more and more weight.

OR--I forgive myself, feel better about myself, remember that I am only human and get back on track right away. With this option, I continue to lose weight.

I've done it both ways. Not forgiving yourself is a way to give up--it's almost easier to not forgive myself because it's a great excuse to binge! I don't want to give up anymore.

Good luck. I know it's so hard.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #8  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Just a thought, but how about vowing to stop binging? If you don't do it, then you don't have the guilt. And yes, it is possible to stop...it doesn't have to be part of life. Binges are not simple eating a little to much one day as many will have you to believe, but gorging on food, any available food, quickly and usually secretly. This is NOT a normal part of life, it is not a little slip. It is an illness a lot like binge drinking and/or alcoholism. There is an actual diagnosis code for binge eating. The only way you will get better is if you abstain from the behavior. I have to admit, I don't read here much, because reading about other peoples binges, and then reading some of the responses like, "it's okay", "just dust yourself off", "we are human", "life happens" and all the other sugar coated replies makes me think it fine to binge...because so many say it's A-O-KAY. It's not okay. It's not part of a normal way of life. You feel bad because it was an abnormal thing to do to your body. Your emotional response to the binge is normal, the act itself is not. If you can't stop doing it on your own, then get professional help.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #9  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

the way that I see it -- it's an addiction --like smoking some people can give it up cold turkey and never go back to it --others have to make slow but consistent changes until they are free of binges. i keep recommending the book retrain your brain, reshape your body because it gives a lot of insight into how you can unlearn habits you have formed over the years.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/178/130

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I definitely think I have a disordered mindset when it comes to food. A binge can bother me for a long long time afterwards. Everyones ideas really helped though. I'll try to keep them in mind.
CaptainKirk is offline   Reply With Quote