3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #16

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
I appreciate your help. Amy8888 I am not trying to take over your thread-- I promise!
Not a problem at all! I'm glad the conversation is still going, very informative!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #17

Just wanted to report where I'm at. I lost 4.8 lbs this week! Woohoo!

But I'm noticing progress in other areas. I had a ton of extra flex points left over last night (after weigh-in but before starting a new week). I decided it would be okay to reward myself using some of those points. So I stopped for wine on my way home. I decided a couple weeks ago I had to ban wine from my house, but I decided I could trust myself. So I bought a four-pack of single serving wine bottles, and I had two of them, one with dinner and the other with a snack. And it was just fine.

But the snack I had...well. I wanted a slice of cheddar cheese, so I had that. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but I ate it. Whatever, I really don't get enough dairy. And the kids were having popcorn. It's basically air-popped, because we have this special bowl you can use to nuke plain popcorn. I really wanted some, so I marked it down as 1 point. Usually once I've marked it down as a consumed point, I have it ALL. But this time, I wasn't feeling the popcorn, so I just stopped eating it. Groundbreaking, right? I mean for a normal person probably not, but for me, it actually kind of is!

So at the end of the week I ended up with 7 unused Flex Points and 9 unused but hard-earned activity points. And I didn't feel cheated at all.

I could go on and on but yes, I am certainly learning that you can really learn to control yourself and listen to internal cues when you are on Weight Watchers. I didn't get that before, but I am doing what I can this time around.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #18
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

AWESOME job! You're doing GREAT!!!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #19

Thanks! I'm happy.

Last night I had another breakthrough kind of. I had dinner and then I was planning to have a small snack, maybe a 2-point ice cream bar or something. I was going into my typical obsessive manner about it...when I get a chance, I'm going to sit down with that ice cream. Then I realized I just didn't really want it. I have plenty of points to play around with, I just realized I was tired and not all that hungry and so I went to bed!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #20
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #21

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Go Amy, Go Amy.

I am doing WW also..... I have found that on the weekends (really through the week too) it is better for me to eat several small meals. I know this is not ground breaking news..... it just helps me. And, I weighed at boot camp Thursday and scared the woman half to death. I lost 7.5 pounds! This coming from a 3 month teeter of on and off weight. So, I am finally lower than my Vegas wedding weight! I cheated this AM and weighed, and through the weekend I held that weight steady. So, now I am busting butt to keep it off and lose another pound by Thursday (my weigh day)-- I am actually thinking of moving my weigh day to Friday so I am not tempted to add a celebratory meal in there on Thursday.