Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #16  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default I'm back

Hey chickies, I have returned. My dad has survived and is starting to heal.
It has been a really rough go, touch and go for several days. I basically slept in a a quiet room just outside the ICU for a week. (thank goodness we had that, the hotel bills from the last two hospital stays have been adding up,
and even though we don't have hospital bills, the costs of driving and parking and eating out and hotels have been more than enough)
I will have to start being binge free tomorrow though. I just got home from work and proceeded to eat everything in the house. Mostly fine and healthy stuff, but too much of it and too fast, very bingey behaviour. ARGG
I also ate terribly while I was at Dad's bedside, and though I didn't binge, I did overeat and eat poorly and high calorie foods a lot while there.
So I have small goals to start. Get back to almost daily exercise, even a short walk will do. Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks daily, and avoid bingeing.
If I can do that, even while driving and visiting the hospital to see dad every couple of days, I will be back on track again.

thanks for all the well wishing and prayers, they were felt, even if i didn't get to check in much.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #17  

Fatmad-happy to hear about your father.Take care of you!!!!I am a "Chronic caregiver".I know how hard it is to remember to care for ourselves!!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #18  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

No binge for me now on day two! woot woot!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #19  

Day 4 for me.Yea!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm still in ...I've just been sicky...over the past couple of days...and sooo tired...

I haven't binged, because I have been eating every 2 hrs to keep from getting sick..so I'm never hungry.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #21  
ida

I'm so tempted to binge right now. I'm just feeling very down and self-critical... and I usually have food to comfort me. Not anymore. But I won't, and tomorrow I will be able to come here tomorrow and say "False alarm! Now I'm ten days binge free!"

And I'm so glad to hear about your dad, fatmad!! Hope you're feeling better now.

jendiet, it's nice to hear from you ^^ Glad you've been binge free, although sicky! Also nice to hear everyone else is doing well ^^
ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Almost 60 here! Rain stopped at 2 and sun came out.... so me and the Crutches went for a crutch downtown to the post office!

Eating well today.

Ida.. when the April Showers end.. Does Puggledog get to take off his rainhat??lol
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #23  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

ida -- i am with you. kept busy all day long to try and ward off the comfort binging. but now its nite and i need to sleep. ate a lot tonite so it was enough. feel like eating even though i am physically full. very very full. will not eat anymore tonite. won't wake up tmrw feeling ill!!! best of luck to everyone. hang the heck in there
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #24  
ida

Haha Hotsplashes, who's Puggledog? :P

Thanks for the support mdl ^^ Good job avoiding a binge. I did too yesterday, but today... blah. I snapped. And I'm not even full, so I could probably keep going if I don't control myself...

I'll start fresh tomorrow....
ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #25  

Starting over.......darn.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 152/152/140

Height: 5'6"

No boyfriend, friends all married or far away. Only thing to do at night when all is done for the day, is have too much wine and possibly a binge. I know I am in control of my body and my time. Why is it so difficult to crack this cycle?? Is that the only happy, entertaining (then very sad) moments of my day? Thank god for these forums. I know I am not alone.

Sorry for your loss asotherner. Must sound really bad whining about this when someone in your family has died. So sorry.
Panda1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #27  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I binged....after 52 days.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #28  

Wormwood-Sorry!!!But dont be discouraged.I have been inspired by you and still am.Dont give up.You have done so well.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:00 AM   #29  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Wormwood, it's over so don't beat yourself up. This time you'll make it 53 days, or more.

I am trying for day 2 today. I have had a stomach ache off and on for two weeks and I have been alternating between eating almost nothing, and then when I feel better, eating the whole house.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #30  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks ladies.

I can't believe I even made it a week, let alone 52 days. It seems impossible to me. It wasn't a terrible binge. The stress of things just REALLY got to me so I went to Wawa and bought a wrap and two donuts. This is nothing compared to my other binges (huge dinner meal, whole bag of tortilla chips, whole jar of tostitos cheese, 1 pint of ice cream, some kind of candy/cookie/or other). Overall I think it was really needed and here I am! DAY 1.

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 04-03-2009 at 08:21 AM.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote