Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/173/135

Height: 5 5'

Default I will do this right...this time

Hi,

I figure if I post it...I'll be more likely to do it! LOL so here goes..

So I started this whole weight loss journey about 3 years ago...I had a high weight of 235 and was horrified! So I immediately jumped to what I thought was a great diet plan...um..not eating and exercising 2 hours a day! Needless to say I lost a ton of weight, but I kinda lost myself in the process.

I got down to 153 pounds and was extremely depressed and started self injuring as a way to cope with my depression and my lack of self worth. I finally confessed all of this to my husband and best friend and they have helped me get back on track. But I'm afraid my mind and thought process will never be the same

Now after a short stint of non stop binging...I have gained back 20 (yes...that's not a typo...) pounds, I'm ready to do this weight loss the right way. No more binging, restricting, self injuring, over exercising...none of it! I need to eat healthy meals...exercise a healthy amount and learn to love myself again..something I haven't done in a long time!

So right now...I'm starting South Beach and I fear I will need all the support I can get! So if anyone wants to share a similair story or has a similiar goal to lose weight and get healthy...the right way...feel free to post...For me though...just getting all this out in the open is a way of owning up to my problems and making strides on correcting them!

-Lisa
lharvey180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #2  

Hey Lisa posting on here definitely helps a lot! It's good for accountability and just having people to talk to who are in similar situations.

Last edited by sweet_talker; 03-16-2009 at 01:59 PM.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/196/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Lisa,

Welcome, even though I'm still a newb. I just wanted to say congrats on your decision to do things the healthy way. I can understand getting caught up in an unhealthy cycle, because I'm currently fighting my way out of one. I've been eating 600 cals or less a day and exercising at least 2 hours daily, if not more. Not good at all. I'm currently working with a dietitian and my PCP to get back into my healthy eating cycle. It's a lot harder than I thought, but I know I can do it, and I know you can too!

If you ever just want to talk or vent or whatever, feel free to shoot me a PM. I check this forum at least twice a day.
cammieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/173/135

Height: 5 5'

Thank you very much for the warm welcome both of you.

Cammieb...I def know what you are going through. Not like I'm in any way able to give good advice here but, maybe you could try reasoning with yourself to get you calories up. Like say...hey if I eat X amount of calories that my body needs, I will have more energy to workout at the gym...that type of thing. Just an idea. And thanks for the offer of venting etc...please feel free to use me as a sounding board as well. I'm online all the time! LOL.

Thank you also for the offer
lharvey180 is offline   Reply With Quote