Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down Binging on SF Jello instead of everything else..

Well ive been able to lose 31 lbs so far without doing too many major binges. But I have switched to sugar free jello wich is certainly low in calories so I can eat it, but I cant help but think I am replacing all the bad food binges with a bing on something healthier. A step in the right direction, but Im still doing something I shouldnt. Binging.

How in the world does somebody make themselves stop this?

Now I feel totally deprived and almost in a panic when I dont have sf jello for after dinner. I need to learn how to stop this, healthy food or junk food, regardless. Any advice?
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #2  

I actually just ordered the twelve steps and twelve traditions of overeaters anonymous on amazon.I had never even considered OA before but after reading the book I can certainly understand why it works.Maybe try a meeting or read a book??It has helped me understand that this is a disease that can be managed.Good luck.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #3  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I just finished reading Dr. Christopher G. Fairburn's "Overcoming Binge Eating." Fascinating book. Be aware, though, that he has major doctrinal differences with Overeaters Anonymous, so if you follow his plan, it's going to be akin to choosing your dieting religious sect in that it seems you may have no other gods before him.

His answer to the problem requires some serious self-examination & some journaling. You're looking for patterns in your behavior. It's like keeping a food journal but you're also noting time, place & emotions.

He also connects bingeing directly to dieting. He asks you to stop doing the latter to get control of the former. In my heart, I suspect he's right & that scares me a little.

Anyway, if this interests you, you may wish to look up the book yourself.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

the last post is certainly true for me. I am just getting ready to start a "diet" to get losing. So far I have been losing by reducing binges, (have had about 1 per month , instead of 2 or more per week, and they are really minor, compared to before, far less food involved, and less damaging food). I couldn't even think about long term diet changes without controlling binges.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote