What's your favorite distracting activity?

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I like to:

draw
    play World of Warcraft (big dork, I know)
    play with the dog
  • I'm another knitter, although I usually only do that in the winter around Christmas for some reason. I'm also a quilter, and that helps although lately I haven't felt like sewing and I'm not sure why. I spend a LOT of time surfing 3FC, time which could better be spent out walking or cleaning house I'm sure! But this place has been immensely helpful in helping me to realign my thought process, so I'm not going to beat myself up too badly over that.
  • I do beadwork. Like knitting, that keeps my hands busy and I never eat while I'm doing it. I just need to do it more often or find some more things that help.
  • Echoing so many other responses here...
    Reading, cleaning (though sometimes that'll backfire if I clean the kitchen, hehe), 3FC...Sometimes I'll just pop in a pilates dvd and be at that for an hour or so, or I'll blast my music and dance around if my roommates aren't home.
  • read, play on the internet (that's what i'm doing right now, actually - avoiding eating before dinner), and play with my dog - if i eat while i'm playing with him, he steals it.
  • Running and movies are my distracters. Boredom eating is a killer for me.
  • Dishes
    I'm usually only binge-crazed in the evening. I find that doing the dishes is perfect. I tell myself if I'm still feeling the need to snack after doing the dishes then I can, but the amount of time it takes to do the dishes is about perfect. We don't have a dishwasher, so the dishes take about 20-25 minutes -- just the right amount of time to get a grip.
  • Hi,
    I like going outside with my boys, praying, or going for a run.
  • i like to go play with my little girls. i find that i want a snack less when i consider having to make a snack for EVERYBODY haha.

and i like to hang out here at 3fc. you guys hold me accountable just by posting. i don't ever want to eat crappy food while i'm reading and posting about the things we talk about here. :P

and i like to read magazines. it's hard to flip pages and eat at the same time
  • 1)3fc~most definetly
    2)Singing on ps2 singstar and karaoke revolution American idol games LOL
    3)Walking inside house~i never eat when I walk.
    4)Writing my goal weight into a tablet through out the day for the following month.
    (that way I know to get there I must stay to my calories I eat per day)
    5)Browsing Ebay
    6) Trying on smaller clothes from my closet for hours for inspiration~cause I can not wait to fit in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Definitely 3fc.. I spend a lot of time on here reading and it's very motivating! The wii, world of warcraft (i also am a dork haha), and walking/hiking are good distracters for me
  • Coming to this website and reading through posts is definately a source of distraction and motivation...also, taking hot baths, ebay, playing the wii with my son, anything that gets me away from the kitchen!
  • Trying to distract myself when I'm home and alone is the worst! I'll try to call someone, or talk online, or go find a roommate to take my mind off it. Otherwise, sometimes I'll brush my teeth! Because I usually snack at night, once I brush my teeth its a signal to my brain that I'm done eating for the night (or I'm just too lazy to brush my teeth twice).
  • Talking on the phone while I clean house.

Shopping.

Surfing on the net.
  • I like to go driving- I fill up a huge bottle of water, crank up the car radio, and just go. I drive the back roads, and just chill.