Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Today is day 25. I'm going to a sleepover tomorrow night where I know there will be a TON of junk food (the last one screwed me over). So I'm challenging myself not to touch any of it. This will be a difficult challenge for me and I want to be able to say that I've overcome it. I'm writing about it here so I must hold myself accountable.

Last edited by Mongoose; 07-23-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #17  
Queen of the World

S/C/G: 256/256/190

Height: 5 feet 8 inches

Good luck at the sleepover. Make sure you take your own munchies. Stuff that you can have as much as you want and that you can share with everyone. Popcorn is good as is veggies with dip.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 207/204/130

Height: 5'1.5"

Today is my 2nd day with 3FC and my first day in a while that I binged.... BIG OOOOPS... I got a biscuit at McD's. I didn't even want it, but man I had to get it. I am trying not to blame Mother Nature this week, but COME ON!!!!!!! I don't eat McD's!!!!!! So why oh why did I do it this morning.... and come in to find this challenge???? Can you say Thump!!!! That would be the fates smacking me in the head..."see you could have passed it up and been on day 2, but nooooo you just had to sabotage yourself...again!!"
Well, here I am and I am going to start this challenge new tomorrow (even with a business trip planned)

So that means Day 0 for me...
See you tomorrow for DAy 1!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #19  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Didn't binge last night. Wanted to because today is going to be a stressful day. But I decided that the trip to the store was too far & the scale rewarded me for it this morning. Instead of the typical 5 lb gain from a binge, I actually had a 2 lb loss. How about that. So instead of starting over, I am on day 3. Yay
Old 07-23-2008, 11:22 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 190/187/145

Height: 5'4"

Day 2 is almost done. I should go to sleep right now, since you can't eat when you're sleeping. Ha!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 256.6/242.8/160

Height: 5'9

Whoo! Day three binge free! I am proud of myself. I went to a meeting yesterday where they served pizza and chicken wings and I only allowed myself 2 (very small) slices of pizza and 1 chicken wing.

Keep strong ladies!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #22  

The day isn't starting well but just knowing I can come here to write about what's happening is helping. Soooo....I find that if I start the day with protein (usually an egg), I have better self-control, so I made an egg on a minibagel. And I made one for each of the kids. They ate half of theirs, so after I finished mine, I started eating their leftovers but I stopped myself after a couple of bites -- I'm about to feed the rest to the dog or the garbage disposal. My mom brought me some homemade apple cinnamon bread yesterday. I ate a giant piece while standing over the kitchen counter. I'm trying to decide if I should throw the rest of it away, but I'll feel so guilty for wasting the food.

It's only 9:48 a.m. I think I'd better go exercise.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #23  
Queen of the World

You know, that is one of the hardest things for me, seeing what my kids didn't eat go to waste. I hate wasting food. Usually that's what leads to a binge. That and being so tired or not feeling good. I fell of the wagon yesterday. I didn't feel good and instead of going to bed, like I should, I thought eating would make me feel better. It only made me feel worse and now I'm obsessing because I'm afraid I will have gained this week and I was being so good! Weigh in is tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #24  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Day three.. binge free.. The nights are killers.. I went for a walk to take up time.. but it's so hard notto eat steady while watching big brother or so you think you can dance on wednesday evenings!! I did it though! horrah!!

writermom: Dont let one day bother you- you are still doing great- everyone has falls now and again.. I always feel guilty too.. but it doesnt help.. just do some extra exercise to balance out your guilt with proudness!!! io'm sendning bingefree vibes your way!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #25  
Mommy On A Mission

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5'2"

Does eating 1 or more snack cakes late at nite count as binging? If so I did it! I was doing great til I got stressed and ate a peanut butter and jelly oatmeal thingy and then turned around and ate a chocolate chip creme cake, I was trying to get the 23 month old down and he's spoiled to rocking, I had been rocking for 2 hours when i just kinda snapped and went and grabbed the cakes. It was afterwards (around 2am when I was finally in bed) that I started fussing over eating like that so late, thats always been my problem, can't keep them outta the house or the family would throw me out lol. So back on the horse and start tomorrow anew. So its officially day 0 again
Old 07-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #26  
Queen of the World

Bless you. I am feeling better about everything this evening. I just got back from seeing "Mama Mia" what a hoot and a holler. My daughter said that "Donna" (Meryl Streep) reminded her of me. What a great compliment. It didn't hurt that Pierce Brosnan was the love interest!

I am proud of me because I turned down movie theater popcorn TWICE! It's one of my binge foods and I just sat there and inhaled the aroma rather than inhaling the food. Yay me!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #27  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Woo hoo!!! Im proud of you. Theatre snacks are my downfall too!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 256.6/242.8/160

Height: 5'9

Everybody is different, but for me I do not count one snack cake or something similar as a binge. For me those are just regular ol' "oops I cheated" moments. The reason is because my binges last for hours (or even days) where I consume everything into sight and there is a certain emotional state that goes with it. So I have to consider those things to realize if I am going into binge mode or something.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:49 PM   #29  

Great job with the popcorn, Writermom!!!

I'm 5 minutes away from bedtime, and it looks like I've made it through Day 3. I did go out for drinks with a friend tonight, and we shared a small appetizer and a piece of cake that we didn't even finish -- it felt like I had control.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:11 AM   #30  

S/C/G: size 26/size 16/size 12

Height: 5'9"

Starting day one. I have been binging for more days than I care to count. I quit smoking eighteen days ago+ my mother gives me three ginormous bags of candy + and I am at a serious emotional low right now=I can't stop eating!! I do great at meals, clean healthy food, but within minutes I am raiding the cabinets looking for sugar. Today is a new day. Today I will stop this madness. Today I will respect myself and my body. Today I will be conscious of my needs rather than my wants and fears. Today I regain control.
Closed Thread