Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ Mar 10 - Mar 16

Hi chickies!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #2  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

Count me in. I had a rough night tonight ate way too much food. It's embarrasing to say how much. Let's stay strong together!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #3  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I just posted this in the IE thread under General Diets. I edited it a little to fit here but I think based on the statement below I am really making progress. Coming from a person that has binged on huge amounts of food on many occasions but felt like a bottomless pit. Now I'm actually really starting to feel the fullness with just eating the regular amounts of food and I don't like it.

I'm trying to define the line between satisfied and full. I believe that is the next chapter in my IE book. I don't like the way full feels. Which is quite interesting since I've eaten way past full as a binge eater. Maybe because I am focusing on it and concentrating on that feeling of fullness I am realizing that I want to be able to stop before feeling full because I just don't like it anymore. I really need to find that line. That's when the weight loss will begin. I'm amazed when I stop and say I'm done. I need to work on really being done and not going back. I'm having difficulty with the fact that I don't need to eat as much as I thought. I just want to eat because I can. Because its there. Which is not good. Something I will continue to work on. It is a journey

Last edited by Shay; 03-10-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #4  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Oops I forgot to say it is Day 20.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #5  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Shay, I think you're getting it - YEAH!

Pooh, it's a brand new week. We're here to support you.

Tomorrow I'm off to Boston again for the second of two nearly week long training sessions. I might not be able to post much, but will try to check in and at least read posts as much as possible. I really, really hate these trips and being totally out of my routine. But I'll do my best to hang in there and stay strong. I'm not promising to eat "well," but I'll do my very best not to slide into a binge.

Hugs to you all,
Old 03-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/290/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Day 7 for me. It was a tough week. I do wonderful all day, and its late evening when I have the most problems and cravings. I've planned myself a snack at 8pm, hoping that will help curb the craving to binge! To me, if I plan it and stay within my calorie limits, and don't lose control, then I'm doing great! Losing control is the toughest part.
Good luck this week!
Old 03-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #7  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Just popping in the say hi! One of my eyes is almost swollen shut, so it makes it really hard to write. I'm going to the doctor this afternoon to find out what is wrong with it. When I woke up this morning it was crusted shut and very swollen. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be better. Today is day 15 for me though and I'm feeling great! Had a really good weekend~
Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #8  
Birgit

Eeyooo, Tina - not fun! I had a similar experience recently. Do you wear contact lenses? I think I got my little bout with eye infection from sticking dirty fingers in my eye - dunno, I'm pretty obsessive about washing my hands, but who knows. Good luck to you - I know it hurts.

Startanew, it's really weird how most of us can be perfectly fine all day and then be in danger of loosing all control at night. What's that about, huh? I have no answers, but I know whereof you speak. Hope the planned snack at 8pm works for you. I tried that, and it really doesn't work for me. For me, it's best to "put my teeth to bed" (brushing my teeth) right after dinner and closing up shop in the kitchen. Hope your plan works.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #9  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Count me in too....so lets see today I have been really bad.... I mean really bad I have 12 oz sodas, oh and those small bags of famous chocolate chip cookies. I can not believe that I have started my day this way .... sigh.... so I picked up an orange trying to make myself feel better that I am eating something good right now.

Want to know something really funny. I had a dream that I got up really early in the 5:15 am....and drove to the gym and worked out for like a half hour, then came home to get ready for work...as I walk in the front door I shut the door behind me, and that is when I woke up. Interesting I wonder if my dream is trying to tell me to get up in the mornings to exercise?

What do you think? What are you thoughts .... help ...
Old 03-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 151/151/139

Height: 5*7

i am in! today i detoxed and had water, 1 piece of chicken with parmesearn cheese and 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
Old 03-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #11  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

that is awesome !!!! Keep up the great work ....
Old 03-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Looks like today would be a good day for me to join again as well. Had a big binge on sweets yesterday.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies,

Only have a minute but wanted to check in. Birgit,have a great trip! Shay, congrats, you're really getting it!

I'm on day 7. Hope you're all doing well.

*vanishes back to swamp of schoolwork*
Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #14  
Birgit

Dana, it's good to see you come up for air. Congrats on Day 7.

Jaya, I like the idea of exercising in your sleep . How's that working for you? Do you do it every night? Can you teach me how to do it? Seriously, I have no idea what it means - you're probably right, it's your subconscious telling you to get out there and move your caboose. Would't it be nice though, if you could just wake up in the morning and know that you've already done the hard stuff?

Nyk and Ceejay - glad to have you with us again. Good luck to both of you.

I'm outta here and on my way to Boston. Not sure if I'll have another chance t check in with all of you cuz I'll be staying with a friend and her internet connection is "iffy" at best. Good eatin' to all of you -
Old 03-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

Count me in! Sorry to be late in joining up. I need the accountability of saying "I will NOT binge today". So there -- I've said it!
Closed Thread