Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #1  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Those cute little girls in the green uniforms are trying to sabotage me!

It's Girl Scout cookie time where I live! Yikes! I love GS cookies. They are a huge binge item for me.
Once I ate a whole sleeve of thin mints and threw up, but I still love them. Help me to stay away--tell me they're poisonous!

Donna
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #2  
Weight Watcher

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'6"

I can't have those in our place. btw, no problem here eating a whole sleeve : ( And this year they are with zero trans fats - that could have been my reason not to buy, but they switched recipes.

Thankfully my neighbor's little girl isn't a scout this year. I can say no to someone I don't know, but I can't turn down someone I know!
HiHoHiHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #3  

My goodness, they are here too!! I think they are taking over the world!! Freeze those thin mints if you have to buy them (how can you not, I swear they send out the "cutest of the cute" to sell them!!) Or, you could just close your eyes and picture your body covered in those darn cookies (I invision them straight on my butt, that's where they would go anyway!!!).

Besides, can't I just donate the $3.50 and let them donate the box of cookies to someone??? Then I won't feel bad sending them away!!

Last edited by shelby897; 02-18-2008 at 04:12 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

I can't have them in the house, a serving is a sleeve. I don't buy them. Sorry Girl Scouts!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #5  
ddc
getting back to 140

That's a great visual, Shelby. They do go straight to my hips! I did buy one box, but I hid them in the cupboard. I hope I don't find them
Old 02-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #6  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I cannot give up having my girl scout cookies, just like I cannot give up Cadbury eggs around Easter! Mmmm...Caramel Delites (samoas) and Thin Mints! I put mine in the freezer (they're way better frozen) and try my hardest to eat no more than the recommended serving size at a sitting (4 thin mints, 2 samoas). Sometimes I go overboard, moreso with the Thin Mints because they taste so refreshing it's almost like I'm not eating anything! The Samoas are sweet, though, so I can't eat too many of those at once. Mmmm. I can't give up my favorite things, I just try my hardest to moderate how much I eat.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Besides, can't I just donate the $3.50 and let them donate the box of cookies to someone??? Then I won't feel bad sending them away!!
Yes! A lot of troops located in close proximity to military installations are participating in a support-the-troops cookie drive. When you see these precious girls, ask if they are participating. Just think how excited an Amercian service man or woman will be to receive girl scout cookies.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #8  

Rhonda -- I have a few friends in the military and quite a few bases around here, I may just buy them myself, box them up Really, Really fast and send them out!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Don't even go there... until this year I could polish off a box of thin mints in two hours... boy, would I see sick that night. Being a former girl scout for 10 years, I can never say no to them...so this year I have made a commitment to myself...if a girl court approaches me, I will happily buy the cookies but let her pick out what she wants and she can take the box home...
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I had a binge slip up the other day on girl scout cookies, I was starving, walking home so that I could cook myself a healthy lunch then saw a table of girls selling cookies.

I ate a box of samoas and tagalongs in the span of about 2 hours. I felt sick the whole night, that full beyond full feeling where you just feel gross. The sad thing is I really wanted to throw out the second box, but just couldn't. I have this feeling like if I just eat all this food it will be gone and I won't have to worry about it any more. I could have just thrown it out and the food would be gone and I wouldn't have felt like crap...but I couldn't...this is something I need to work on. I've been trying to get back on track today and have a good week, despite a crappy weekend.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #11  
ddc
getting back to 140

Oh my. I love tagalongs. I would eat a whole box in one sitting. I didn't buy any of them this year, but my husband came home with 2 boxes of samoas, and 1 of thin mints (and I had already bought a box of thin mints). How do these little boxes of cookies have such control over us? They just taste so good.
Catherine999, today's a new day to start over. Put that last binge behind you and start fresh! I guess the answer is to not buy them at all. Why is life so hard???
Old 02-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #12  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'5"

Those are items that soooo many of us find it hard to say no to! LOL I love them, any of the different ones available. I have to just wave it off and say no, but they are persistent!!
daizylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #13  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

If you need to buy a box, you can:

1. Ask the Girl Scouts if they have a donation program going...many do!
2. Give the box to an elderly neighbor...or a neighbor you know would appreciate them.
3. Ship the box to troops overseas via the AnySoldier program
4. Donate to a local organization for the homeless - just make sure the package is still sealed.

Just don't bring them into the house!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote