Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/139/128

Height: 5'4''

Default Hardest time of the day

I am just curious, but what is your hardest time of the day? Recently, mine has been the moment I walk through the door of my house. I don't think about binging at school or work, just right when I walk into my house, through the kitchen. It's an overwhelming urge. I am trying to get over it, but I often fail. I think that going to the gym first helps, but who really wants to go to the gym after a long day at work and school? I need motivation!! thanks, Chelsea
Chelsea36080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/185/130

Height: 5'3-4"

Definately my hardest time is around 3pm...Infact sometimes I wont even eat dinner because I "snacked" too much. But then if I dont eat dinner I tend to be hungry before I go to bed! Just now I ate some apple w/a little peanut butter, that tends to hold me over longer
macygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Chelsea, mine is the evening as well, and for the same reasons.

How early do you have to be at school? I've found that personally, I CANNOT go to the gym after school. I just can't. So I go beforehand, and that's my only option, or else it won't happen. So far it's worked very well. And when I know I've worked out and done something really good for my body, I don't want to eat as much and ruin it.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #4  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

chelsea--
if i wanna go to the gym at the end of the day i cannot go home first. i take my gym stuff with me to work, otherwise it is not happening...

can you go somewhere else instead of the kitchen when you get home?

i remember when i first started realizing my binge behavior i would walk straight to the kitchen after school. it was a habit. so instead i went to my room instead and did other things...and eventually i would stop eating a second dinner before dinner and you start to realize that maybe you aren't really hungry but just reaching for food for other reasons??

hope this helps

and my hardest time of the day can be anytime..honestly i need to be on my toes quite often..i have binged at all hours. i guess the common themes are if i am alone, bored, anxious, and/or depressed. but usually its at nite after work...

Last edited by mdl; 02-12-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: had more to say
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:23 PM   #5  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

After supper is hardest for me. During the day I'm so busy I often forget to eat lunch until my stomach reminds me. In the evening I'm trying to spend time with hubby, watching TV or whatever, and then the snacking starts. Also since I'm usually so tired from the day, I think that contributes to my binge-y behavior in the evenings.

I've been trying to cut down that nighttime snacking because I really think that will make a big difference in my efforts, but it's not easy.
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

11:00 PM is when the munchies kick in for me. It's not really quite that bad, but the urge is still there. I usually just chug down a lot of liquids and it goes away for the next two-three hours that I'll be awake. (On the rare occasion that it gets really, really, really bad I allow myself to snack on a cup of Corn Chex or something.)
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

When I get home from work in the evening, hands-down, is the worst time of day for me. Mainly because it's the first time I'm alone all day, and I know I have a couple of hours before my husband gets home from work. It's also when I'm stressed from work and when I feel the most stress at home (i.e., look at all the housework I have to do! look at all this mail! I forgot to pick up prescriptions! I have no clean clothes! etc., etc.). I typically binge so hard when I get home from work that I don't even eat dinner...
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #8  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Like a lot of people here, the worst time is when i get in from college. Straight to the kitchen, ONLY if no one is there though, which is usually the case when i get back (i don't ever go there if anyone else is), then it's bad just before i go to bed, and during the night. It's basically a struggle from the moment i get up until the time i go to bed
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:05 PM   #9  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

My time is evening as well, after dinner, when we're sitting around on the couch watching TV. My boyfriend has the biggest sweet tooth and is always eating "something sweet" after dinner.. it is SO hard to resist the temptation. I'm basically scared every night that I might cave...
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:49 AM   #10  
Will run without applause

S/C/G: 170/167/140

Height: 5'5"

For sure i have to agree, its when i get home at the end of the day, i think its because there's a whole fridge and cupboards full of food - so i CAN eat all of it, whereas at school im limited to what i've brought with me (i pack my lunches right after dinner when im still full so im not tempted to snack! Plus, im more reasonable about food portions when im not hungry.)

As for the gym - if i dont go on my way home, its not gonna happen.
Annawillbehot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 106/106-107/103-100

Height: 5' 1.5''

Worst time for me is late in the evening, around bed time. If I go to bed hungry, I won't be able to sleep, but if I eat, I can't just have something light ...it will be a full meal and then some...right before bed.
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote