Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #1  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Getting over it(again)

The first time I tried to deal with my rampant overeating, a couple of months ago, I found it almost absurdly easy. I went to a nutritionist, who gave me some strategies to use. I didn't, really. What I mostly did, was stop eating. I had no problem at all going from maybe a 6000 calorie a day diet to an 800 calorie a day diet- I knew that it wasn't exactly right, but it worked really well for me, and it was a huge relief not to have to cope with eating until I felt sick, and then eating more. And the pounds, what with my extensive fencing and faithful hour-a-day workouts, just melted away- I lost thirty pounds in two months. But now I find myself, somehow, with exactly the same habits I always had. The fencing season is over, I've started to jog for only half an hour a day, if that, and I've lost my belief that I can actually lose weight, ironically, even though I have proof I can. I don't know quite what my problem is, but I'm hoping someone else has gone through something similar. Any ideas about what worked for you recovering from a slipped recovery?

Last edited by ImpalaHoarder; 03-21-2008 at 05:24 PM.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

Obviously fencing was really fun for you and a fantastic form of exercise! Until the fencing season comes around again you are going to have to find something else that you enjoy to keep you motivated! I love to play tennis and swim, and that keeps me going on the days I feel like doing 30 minutes at the gym instead of 45 or an hour. Are there any classes at your local community center you could go to two or three times a week? That could be a good way to interact with people and have fun exercising.

Good luck recapturing that awesome motivation you had for those months...and try to follow the nutritionist

-Liz.
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #3  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

i do the exact same thing. i get into a really healthy diet and exercise routine, then something in my life changes a bit and i slip right back into my old bad habits. i can't figure out how to shake those habits for good!
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote