Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:55 PM   #1  

Default I have lost weight!

I have finally lost weight. Now that I am aware that I eat for emotional reasons, I really feel like I am able to control myself a little more. It use to be so hard to be on any diet program. I rarely could sting 7 good days together.

I know there are lurkers so I want to share what specifically is helping me:
  • exercise--really pushing myself and sweating--not just because of calories but also helps me feel good about myself, sleep better, and have less idle time.
  • keeping my house tidy and doing my chores daily (my cause of stress and feeling worthless)
  • using Weight Watchers flex plan to make sure that I am not over-eating
  • journaling my food
  • being open-minded

I have lost 9 pounds! For me that is a really big deal. Before now I just didn't stick with anything. If I lost 3 pounds I would gain 2 the next week. And so it goes. I am so relaxed right now and that makes me believe that I can do this for a lifetime.

Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #2  

Hi Gina - I think it is great that you have the mentality that you could do this for the rest of your life. I completely understand the lose 3 gain 2, although I often lose 2 and gain 3! 9 lbs is a huge accomplishment! Thanks for sharing your experience - I'll keep looking for updates from you!
IzzieBella77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #3  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations, Gina! 9 lbs is HUGE! And it sounds like you've got the right attitude, so you're well on your way! Keep up the great work!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #4  

Thank you both. I didnt think of it at the time but I am half way to my first goal!! I can't even tell you how many times I have set a goal but didn't fulfill it. I think breaking down the 30-40 pounds is helping. My first goal is to lose 20 and later I will set 10 pound goals.

aerotigergirl: WTG on your marathon. That is a great goal. Last night I had a dream that my teenage sons and I ran in a marathon--I think it is something I would like to do but I really don't think I have the stay-with-it-ness to do it. Anyway, last night I got first place for 40 year old women.
Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #5  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

That's great, Gina! I think you're right about breaking down those goals. I always used to think I had to set a goal of losing ALL the weight I need to lose. But now I'm breaking it up into smaller sections, and it's so much more doable. I don't know why I was putting such huge pressure on myself! When I reach the intermediate goals, I can always set new ones.
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote