Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-20-2007, 04:00 AM   #1  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Default porridge is my new control-friendly friend

Hi peeples!

I'm glad to say I'm back to 105lbs, my happy weight, and I must thank instant porridge for it!
I never believed that stuff about 'it fills you up' or controls cravings, (those packets look so teeeeny) but I thought what the heck and swapped my cold cereal for a bowl. I found two advantages - 1) I don't get the sugar dip I get a couple of hours after cereal - 2) I can't pick at it later from the packet cos you've got to microwave it first and put the milk on. So my tip of the week is - PORRIDGE IS COOL!
Another thing that helped is that I finished this packet of sugar-free Strepsils (british throat sweets) in my room. This is so embarrasing, but I ate them after my throat was better...cos they tasted like sweets...
Good control day, everyone!
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on your weight loss - and this is so strange - I just came on this morning to rave about porridge myself!!

I am not a fan of hot cereal, but my hubby started eating it, so I tried it this morning - I don't think I am going to need to eat for a while - and yes, I DID look skeptically at the little packet and say 'This is NEVER going to fill me up!' hahaha

I think I'll use it 'for a change' once or twice a week!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Jude

Way to go on reaching your goal weight, and finding control! That's awesome

I have to agree about oatmeal - I used to eat it for breakfast all the time (I just cooked instant oatmeal in the microwave, and added various toppings and milk). I loved it because it filled me up, and it's one of my comfort foods (childhood memories). Right now, I'm on an egg kick, but kudos to oatmeal!

Regarding sweet things to control cravings - I've rediscovered tea. I absolutely adore mint, chai and Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice (I think?). I had the latter today at work...so yummy!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:38 AM   #4  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Thank you!

Yeah, comfort food is all about childhood memories - sadly, for me that means oil-rich Iraqi cuisine or my mum's bangers and mash!

Tea is the best. Fruit tea. Ordinary tea. Ok I draw the line at green tea, but apart from that, it's so great when you need something hot but not calorific!
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:33 AM   #5  
Want 2 be slim & healthy

Location: Im in Spain but Im English, have lived in Spain for 15 years

Height: 5"11

I eat porrige cold! I just pour some into a bowl and pour cold milk over it and eat it like that, delicious! My Mum says I am mad but its really good and keeps me full till lunchtime.
kate1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #6  

Height: 5ft6"

I love porridge so much!! I have eaten it almost every morning for like 5 yrs. It keeps me full all morning and gives me stable energy. I often like to mix protein powder with my milk and then add it ... it gives a great vanilla flavour. I often add berries to it, or hemp seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds or raisings. I find buying a huge container of oats the best for me because there is no added sugar as there is in instant oatmeal, the oats are not as processed as much and it is much cheaper.
mesilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #7  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I was a big instant oatmeal fan for the first couple months I made my lifestyle change (then fresh fruit went out of season in the sub arctic and it got boring)

but I agree - it kept me satisfied and full. For sweet cravings I drink Diet dr. pepper - I have a can almost every day.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote