Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #1  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Default New Month = Fresh Start!

So, this forum has been kinda dead lately. We need a new lease of motivation in our lives! And what better excuse than a new month! I feel like we should all just let go of what's happened last month, bottle it up, throw it out to sea. At the beginning of a month i ALWAYS feel motivated, i guess it's cause i don't have to dwell on what happened during last month So post away if you're feeling motivated, or even if you're not! Think of a new reason to lose weight each month, one you've never thought of before. My new reason for this month is that i really want to join a pole dancing class (i know it sounds silly, but you wouldn't believe how much calories are burnt!) So what are all your new reasons this month?
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:39 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5

I'm joining ya!!!!! I haven't been on this forum for quite sometime as I kinda gained all the weight back that I lost but I'm starting new today! I have my meals all planned out and will be exercising when I get home from work today. Let me know how your first day goes
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #3  
Leah

Wow that's great, it's so much easier when u have everything all planned out! My first day's going fab so far, done so much exercise on the dance mat thingy, even though i look like a TOTAL idiot Let me know how you get on!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

here's to a new month! i know i need to let go of last month - and the fact that i binged yesterday. today is today - it's monday and the beginning of a new week... so here i go.

hmmm... and a new reason - this is a good idea - well, last month i started middle eastern (aka bellydancing) dance. my teacher has a couple of dance troupes, and i REALLY want to get into one of them... i don't think that will happen this month, nor do i think it is dependent on my losing weight, but that's my new motivation.

maybe not realistic... like you and the pole dancing, leah, i think i look kinda silly - but it's still an AWESOME workout, so it's good regardless. =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5

Leah~dance mat thingy is it that Dance dance revolution game???? That's awesome! I think pole dancing would be so much fun, I wish there wa sa class offered in my area (and I'm sure dh would have no problem letting me go lol.... men)BTW, just wanted to say that the pic of you in your avatar is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Hope the rest of the week goes well!

iriswhispers~ooooooohhh, bellydancing very ambitious!!!! I wasn't brave enough to do it in a class in front of people so I actually have a video which is quite fun actually, yeah I look absolutely ridiculous, but whatever works lol. Hope your first few days are goin good
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

kyra - my bellydance class is amazing because the women there are all ages and sizes... it's really not TOO intimidating... i definitely recommend it if you have somewhere near you that offers it. =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:22 AM   #7  
Leah

Kyra- YES the Dance dance revolution! It's amazing, i don't even feel like i'm exercising cause it's that much fun hehe. I'm not sure what i'm going to tell my mum when i go to pole dancing classes. I hope she doesn't get the wrong idea!! Aw, and thank you for the compliment, i needed that today You have a good week too!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #8  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hope you don´t mind if I join too!
(But not with the dance- thingys I am, let´s say, "not so talented")

I don´t know why I feel motivated this month.
Maybe it´s all the adrenalin flooting in my body (Law school finals in 11 days )!
Maybe because I just started to work on some emtional issues and start to feel better so I want to show my inside progress on the outside (anyboy know what I mean?).

I really want to start exercising again this month. The facial pain which tortured me the last 12 months is a bit better now and I was able to get rid of a few pills. So I am not totally exhausted all the time.

Hope everybody is having a nice Wednesday!

Kate

Last edited by Kate109; 10-03-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #9  

I agree with you guys! Lets forget the past bad months and start afresh!! This is gonna be great!
soontobehot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #10  

My goal for the month is to cook dinner (or reheat dinner leftovers from meals that I have prepared), and have planned meals for the rest of the month. No more take-out for the next three weeks. I am going to try and really take control of what’s going into my body. No expected miracles, just one day at a time.
Newbie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #11  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

soontobehot! What a great nickname! May it come true very soon!

Newbie07!!
Your goal for this months sounds great! And you surely can do it, one day at a time!!

My goal for this months is re- introducing workout to my life and trying not to panic (final exam in 8 days...)

I walked 4, 5 km today. Eating behaviour is...not so bad. I am not binging (yahoo and juchee) but my food choices are sometimes questionable.

Hope everybody is having a nice weekend!

Kate

Last edited by Kate109; 10-06-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #12  
newday

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Hi Everyone -
I have been a member of 3FC for awhile, but have never posted....I find just reading other posts usually seems to give me motivation and support.

I am finally posting because I have just finished a bad binge (an entire pizza with extra cheese, an entire package of ravioli, and 1/2 a pint of ice cream!! - it seems worse just seeing it in writing!!!!) And I logged on to feel better and saw the new month post.

I am going to try to let today's failure go, and focus on having a binge-free rest of the month. I have been bingeing for years, and I hate the secret shame of the whole process. It is so easy to fall back into the same cycle of eating out of control if no one else knows about it! I am going to try to post here regularly in the hopes that having somewhere to check in and confess will take the secrecy out of it and hopefully be a factor in putting an end to the bingeing...

Thank you all for the support of your posts and wish me luck!!! Here's to a fabulous month!
newday is offline   Reply With Quote