Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 123kg/114kg/63kg

Height: 5ft 5

Smile BINGE FREE WEEK, July 23rd Start

Hey everyone, just wanted to get this weeks Binge Free post going.

Today is my 25th day and I'm glad to be entering this week feeling positive.

I had a tough moment late last night, I seriously considered binging. I feel stronger today for making the sensible choice to abstain. I'm starting to see postive changes in how I feel. Just like sobriety suits me, abstaining from binging suits me too.

Hope everyone is doing well
ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Ready to face a new week - Saturday night caved to work related stress and last night caved to family life stress with some carb-loading BS. The difference? Didn't lead to hours/days/weeks/months long mindless eating - what I DO feel is ANGER. Anger that there IS NO connection to solving these problems by hurting myself with comfort eating! Yep, nipped in the bud and feeling nothing but RESOLVE this Monday morning.

Tx for starting the week odaat! I may be coming here a lot and appreciate everyone being here!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #3  

Well done on not letting a small lapse turn in to a collapse. Its very hard to get back on track, good on you.

Just wanted to say that I love your avatar - it looks so happy!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #4  
pan

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5 ft. 4 in.

Default I think I need to be on this forum!

Hey all,

I am just beginning to come to terms with the fact that I am a binge eater. I've always had trouble with my weight - PCOS, hypothyroid - and I killed my metabolism from fasting to lose weight. Also had bulemia in college for a while. Now at 45, I am 17 days sober (after a whole year of not really committing to living an alcohol free life) and realizing that food is a huge issue for me too! Before, a binge a week was not so bad - but they are out of control and I want OFF!

So, I am going to continue on with my Alcohol Free days - for good this time - and not bingeing. So far today I have had cottage cheese and berries plus water. This is SO tough!

Best wishes to all on a binge free day!
Pan
pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #5  

Hi Pan and welcome!

Well done on 17 days sober and also on deciding to tackle your eating.

Are you following a plan for giving up alcohol? The reason I ask is that I've been sober for almost 8 months and have found the Twelve Steps and online AA meetings have helped me alot. I've started reading some Overeaters Anonymous material and working the twelve steps for my binging/overeating. It isn't for everyone, but thought I'd recommend it.

Looking forward to seeing you around in future.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:21 PM   #6  
pan

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5 ft. 4 in.

Hi Odaat,

The plan I am following for my drinking is called My Way Out and it is more nutritionally based than AA. There is a recommended nutritional plan which is really helpful and also hypno CDs. Some members also use medications to bring their drinking under control. I started last year in June and all told have done 3 months AF (3 separate months not in a row). The rest of the time I moderated pretty well (25 AF days a month), but it is always seems to start sneaking up there. Anyway, I figure if I have weight issues why be drinking at all?

I found AA material helpful and went to some meetings too, but also realized that I needed to rebuild my body using supplements. Alcohol can really take it out of you in terms of nutrients. The support board there is helpful too, although I find not as structured as the AA programs. It is interesting that one of the medications that is used to curtail drinking, Topamax, is also used to bring binge eating under control. I have not asked my doc for any, but I might as I really need to get my progression back to health kickstarted!

Thanks for recommending the materials for Overeaters Anonymous - I actually went to a meeting a long time ago, but thought it wasn't for me. However, I realize now that it may well be what I need. Geez - I already had like 10 years of therapy - this isn't fair LOL Is there a book that can be purchased Odaat?

Thanks so much for the warm welcome - I hope you had a good day! I did so far YAY

Pan
pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #7  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hi and Welcome Pan!

I'm psyched today because despite my slight cave - I still managed to lose 2 more lbs! *small w00t *

I'm also channeling my feelings of failure into good ole healthy RAGE - -

Just an experiment - don't be alarmed!

Sick of feeling sick - sick of feeling sorry - gonna try some good ole Positively Pissy as a coping mechanism . . . along the lines of -

*Here you are at age 46 . . .

*Feeling Great from exercise . . .

*And hydration . . .

*And wholesome unprocessed food . . .

*NOT EVEN HUNGRY for Cripe's Sake . . .

choosing to mindlessly Stuff The Face?

I'm so over it.

There's always so many new, different Thread Topics going on in this section - and I can relate to most if not all of the Thread Titles that I see - just no time to read each one. Wishing that more would post their thoughts and experiences here in Chat or some Centralized Location for some give and take instead of Thread after Thread, ya know?

Have a Terrific Tuesday All!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 385/238/145

Height: 5'11"

Hello. I'm new. Here, not to bingeing. haha.
I think this might just be the place I need to be.
I'm an addict (to food) and binge quite often. So I just went and had the lap band, thinking that I couldn't overeat physically. Nope, I can't. But I can still sabotage myself by over drinking high calorie stuff or eating ice cream. Go figure.
I'm feeling shaky, but very hopeful. I just walked away from some delicious soup that I made. And even though it doesn't really have that many calories, I am full and need to practice pushing it away. And so I did!
Well, greetings to you all! I hope everyone has a very good day!
Jax
jaxnlula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:14 PM   #9  
Determined Loser

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'5

I had a horrible binge yesterday, but today is a new day and a new start. My goal is not to binge for a week starting today.

Kelly
KellyZ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

92 days binge free.

I can't wait for day 100
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:24 PM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hiya jax & kelly!

I know a guy at work that had the lap band - his transformation has been just awesome.

What kind of plan do you two have for surmounting the Binge Urge?

Rage got me past the convenience store @ 4am - but thinking I can't sustain it for any practical long term use . . . I also used laughing at the situation to great effect in the last week or so . . . I mean c'mon for Cripe's Sake how ridiculous is it for a 46 yr old woman to be enslaved by these self destructive urges that ALWAYS pass if I slow down and give them time to pass??

Color my coping mechanisms with these emoticons today:

Congrats R&R - will be joining you in 88 or so days!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

hehe Aud!

I think I will stop counting when I get to 100... I don't know but that just seems like a mile stone that once I reach I will NEVER EVER want to go back!!

Here is my binge coping:

Why am I fat and always hungry?
Because you should EAT! THATS WHY!
But if I eat I become fatter!
EAT EAT EAT
I'll have water instead
Bye bye binge!

I love the emoticons!!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 385/238/145

Height: 5'11"

Hi.
Aud - Well, that's what I'm working on right now. Controlling the impulse to binge - or actually, I'm not sure it's the impulse to binge - I think it's the impulse to sabotage, and bingeing is just how I do it.
I just had the surgery. It hasn't been a month yet. (June 30th) I'm still basically on thick liquids - mushy foods - soups, watered down refried beans, etc.
Congratulations Rocknroll! I think I need to borrow your little emoticon rationale.
Kelly - good for you for getting right back on the wagon.

So far, I'm trying to not eat everything. For instance - trying to not consume more than 2 servings of the soup (meaning I'm placing what I believe a "normal" person would put on their plate and trying to only go back 1 time for that same amount). I can't eat (chew) but liquids are going down pretty easy. I'm looking forward to when I get to move on to food. Then I can switch back to only drinking water.
Anyway, thanks for the welcome - and good luck to everyone to have a binge free day.
jaxnlula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #14  

Feeling a little down today, the depression is bad at the moment and I'm just so tired/weepy etc.

I'm started to panic a bit that I'm doing something wrong. I feel like I'm overeating even though I know I'm not. Usually when this happens I restrict what I eat even more, going under 1000 calories a day. I don't want to do this this time, I'm trying to eat a reasonable amount so I can lose weight long term.

Will have a challenge this weekend - going home to visit. Usually this would mean stopping off at the service station and spending £20 on snacks to eat on the 5 hour drive. Will plan something to take my mind of it. I'll be visiting family, but luckily my Mum is understanding and won't feed me anything I'm not allowed.

I'm very nervous as well - I've got my incapacity benefit medical tomorrow and I'm scared/anxious and worried. Fingers crossed for me.

Day 28 today, looking forward to hitting the month mark.

How is everyone doing today?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

awwwwww. hate that you're weepy odaat.

Welcome to my world! LOL! Menopause has me going from ZERO to STRATOSPHERE in nanometerseconds!

Freeze some bottles of water and let them thaw on the trip to drink. Get a cup of crushed ice at the service station and crunch away for 5 hours. I'll be thinking of you:

I'm so bad with the metric system . . . but can't figure out your ticker or your goal. Finding it hard to believe you want to weigh 63 pounds OR kilogonometers(??)

We'll get thru this.

The "urge" to binge OR the urge to saboteur??? How VERY insightful, jax. I think you're onto something.

I'm joining R&R for some emoticon visualization coping mechanism - these emoticons are revolutionizing my life in a humorous way. I truly was standing yet again in front of the pantry and fridge at 4:17AM thinking "must have something now musthavesomethingNOW" . . . when the pounding frying pan appeared in front of my face and made me think of R&R and WATER!

The laugh gave me a chance to BREATHE . . . I ended up cooking something up that was OP aqfter confirming with my emoticons that I was TRULY hungry.

FEEL EMPOWERED today as a result. I kid you not.

I'm choosing two emoticon to protect me from myself today and into the Wee Hours. On one shoulder I shall have:

(because I love him)

and on the other shoulder I shall have:

(because I'm having a hot flash)

Emoticon-Therapy could be revolutionary for overeaters/binge eaters the more I think of it! R&R and I will write a book and go on all the talk shows . . . ahhh . . . we'll be RICH . . . and FAMOUS . . . and FIT. OPRAH here we come!!!