Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Default What do you consider a binge?

Is it going off plan? Overeating? Mindless eating? Emotional eating? Eating certain trigger foods? Eating "bad" foods?

I'm curious to see how everyone responds. Please take a second to share.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:56 PM   #2  

I consider binging to be eating just for the sake of eating--not because I'm hungry and not even because I'm super tempted. I really HATE when I eat just for the sake of eating.
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:32 PM   #3  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

I consider binging to be eating large amounts of food in a short period of time and often in private, though this may not be the case for some. Personally, I have trigger foods (pizza, doughnuts) that I try to avoid.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #4  

When I eat until I'm full.... but then I CONTINUE eating until I'm stuffed, that is what I consider a binge. I'm most vulnerable when I walk in the house after work.
mikandmari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #5  

Same for me -- when I eat when I'm not hungry, or continue to eat after I'm full, when I wait to be alone because I'm too embarrassed to eat something/quantity of something in front of someone else, when I've made a special trip to buy a certain food that I crave, when I eat until the container is empty, when I feel guilty/sick after I've eaten, when I eat "outside" of a planned meal/snack, when I find I can't stop myself from eating more, more, more, .... Anytime I've eaten because I'm upset/sad/depressed.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #6  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Eating when I am not hungry, eating several servings of something at once, and eating until I feel sick
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:21 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

When I have hidden what I've eaten or the amount I've eaten or when I'm embarassed about what I've eaten either because it was more than a healthy serving or a kind of food that is not nutritious, that's when it seems "bingy" - I guess the guilt factor determines that label.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 123kg/114kg/63kg

Height: 5ft 5

If I'm embarrased to write it down on my food diary, it counts as a binge.

I often used to binge at meal times - eating 3 or 4 times a normal portion, till I felt really sick.

I'd also have binging sessions in private, eating anything and everything.

I count any over-eating as a binge, even if it is healthy. If I have grapes in the fridge, I'll eat them all in one go - even if there is 2 or 3 bags. Just can't seem to stop, so I can only buy one small bag a week.

Day 21 without binging today.
ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:47 AM   #9  

Any food I eat that I would chose not to eat in a saner frame of mind, ie. eating food in a way that feels out of control, quickly and with a sense of guilt afterwards..it doesnt have to equal loads of calories, Ive had 200 cal binges for example, but cos it was guilt-inducing and quickly stuffed down, its still a binge.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #10  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

At times, I have considered most of those a binge. It's generally when I feel bad about what I ate. The 2 big ones for me are mindless eating and emotional eating. In both situations, I lose control and eat until I am full to the point of being sick. It doesn't feel good, yet it is so comforting until the guilt kicks in.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:14 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

When I'm eating for no apparent reason, and I can't stop. Even if I make a conscious effort. I was eating my (third) large Tootsie Roll the other day, and I suddenly thought, "I can throw this out if I want to." But I didn't want to.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 262.2/199.8/150

Height: 5'5

Mindless eating.

But my idea of binging has changed.....I feel like I am binging if I eat afew pieces of this or that.....and it isn't within my plan limits.

Of course I still have the occasional all eat until there is no tomorrow kinda binges!!! Just had one 2 wks ago & i am trying to lose the results of that still!!!!!

KayLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Thanks for sharing. I guess for me a binge has to be classified as mindless eating or eating that's not influenced by hunger or a true physical desire for a particular food.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I consider a binge uncontrolled eating. For me its usually bad/junk foods but not always, I’ve binged on healthy foods too. I think its binging when you’re eating a lot of food even though you might not necessarily be hungry. I’ve gone to the store and bought trigger foods specifically with binging in mind and when I start to eat I tend to keep going until I’m really stuffed (way past the being full point).
Flutterby873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:16 PM   #15  
Pending Email Confirmation

I am of the mind that anything that makes me feel bad afterwards is a binge. If you feel guilty or can't tell your spouse - or hide your eating... it's a binge.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote