Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #1  
Determined Loser

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'5

Default Frustration

I am so frustrated, After yesterday's binge I decided that today would be the day, today I would make a great effort at getting back on track and being healthy. Well I didn't do badly, but I didn't stay on track.
I was eating dinner, Cheerio's fruit loops, and I couldn't stop thinking "why can't I just stop eating after 1 bowl?" and it made me sick.
I am frustrated also because I am my own worst enemy. I mean seriously I work out almost everyday and I just un-do all of my efforts to get into shape and be healthy. I know that the way I am is not super bad, but def. not healthy and with so much disease in my family it is not good.
I keep thinking "oh I'll re-start my diet (WW) tomorrow" well I've been doing that for a whole week. I feel out of control... "why can't I just stop?"
Thank you for listening to my venting..I really don't have any other way of venting my frustration and angry.

Kelly
KellyZ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:25 PM   #2  

hello , i totally know what you mean by you undo all you have done. i know what it feels like to be out of control with food. it is horrible. most thin people d not understand. i have spent so much time at the gym. i really work out and do spinning. but i eat and i do not lose weight.i have made a 6 weeks comittment to do a bootcamp at the gym. it is intense working out and a strict 1500 calorie diet. i am doing it and feel so good.i feel so in control cause my food is good. you hang in there. i would love to chat more too. i am my own worst enemy. i have such low confidence when it comes to my weightloss. i will never give up as i am too heavy and not happy at all. look we can not give up. sometimes things just click and we can do it. so many people are able to beat this. never ever ever give up.
mama23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #3  
Determined Loser

Thats what I have to tell myself " to never give up" but it is so difficult when the goal seems light years away. It is some what of a comfort to know that I am not alone.
Mama23- I'm adding you to my buddy list if thats ok with you.

Kelly
Old 07-25-2007, 06:54 PM   #4  

glad to talk to you anytime. i love this blog thing cause you can spill your guts about some real humiliating feelings. i have a difficult time talking to my friends . they are all thin. people who do not have a weight problem do not know what it is like. i am fairly new to this blog. i did not get it set up yet with my weight and info. i can not figure it out. dah! it is really nice to know that we all share the same feelings and are not alone.
mama23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:00 PM   #5  
Determined Loser

Hey mama23 to set up your profile just go to the top where it says user CP (control panel) and on the left side it should say profile and what not.

Kelly
Old 07-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #6  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself it's not you it's more likely the choice of food that cancels out your will-power because of the blood sugar issues and brain triggers it causes.

I have an awful time controling "empty-carbs" too. Especially if they are sweet. Even good old fruity cheerios! Basically If I know I have control issues with something I find something to replace it with... so I have things like Fiberone and multi-grain cheerios instead. The extra fiber along with the protein in the milk usually is enough to cancel out the effect especially if you toss in some fruit like blurberries for that "Sweet" fix. Fruit doesn't spike your blood sugar the same way as ceral/whitebread/sugars.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #7  

Hello there,
I feel you so much because I didn't binge yesterday - but I did the day before. I did some research on binge eating also (obesityresearch.org)- and I got to look at things from a purely scientific point of view. In the studies I read there is a direct link from binge eating to low self - efficacy. This means poor body image, low self-esteem, etc... I realized after dieting for 2 1/2 years and losing a great deal of weight that the binge eating problem still hung around for me. This makes sense to me because if I look deep down I struggle with the issues linked to binge eating. So what to do? I am seeing a counselor for it and I really am not ashamed to do it. It doesn't sound so bad when I say it is a university counselor (she's certified and not a student and she's free!) This weight loss game cannot be won by taking care of just the physical IF you suffer from bingeing also. It just doesn't go away. I have been there and done all of that. I kept thinking ok this is the last time, and then what do you know? It happens again! (not frequently but enough to make me sit up and take notice) Anyway, take heart and get some support if you can, I can totally empathize with you.
kazem1 is offline   Reply With Quote