Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

Default I was a binge eater....

For years i would eat and eat... i was eating to try to get pleasure/love out of the food that was never coming. When i saw the plate going low i would run and get more before i ran out.

Why?.... why i dont know.

i have a loving hubby and son... my son who would love for me to get in the floor and play with him but i would be so stuffed i couldnt move. It would hurt to walk after eating... even breathe i would eat so much.

When hubby and son were done eating i would take their plates bck into the kitchen... and if anything was left i would pick it clean.... thou they didnt see me.

I would cry when i looked at myself... if i dared. I hated buying clothes, i loved my job was BEHIND a desk. i hated summer coming... i couldnt hide in my long winter coat.

Finally my hubby got sick of his weight ( he has a lower BMI then me) but he also started a job at a meat processing plant that has made him sick of red meat.

Finally he will eat the healthy food that i always wanted to eat but wouldnt buy because it would rot before it got eaten. Now together we are loosing... and my need to over feed is gone.

it is really wild.... i can remember wanting to eat and eat and eat.... now i just dont... with no trouble.... i hope it stays like this.

By no means was my over eating my husbands fault.... but he does have a strong effect on me clearly.... he is my best friend and my one true love.. having a friend help you is so insparational.

Find some to fill the void of food.... for me it is God and my husband.
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #2  

Wow! That's a powerful story. Congrats on kicking the binge-monster out of your life.

I'm curious... what do you think has made the need go away? Eating healthier? Feeling more in-tune with your husband?
ShihtzuX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShihtzuX2 View Post

I'm curious... what do you think has made the need go away? Eating healthier? Feeling more in-tune with your husband?

We kicked out the meat and it was easy when he described how they grind it where he works... it made me sick i havent even seen it... the meat always made me sick if i really thought about it. i just tried not too.

then after the first week of no meat ( being sick of the thought it was easy) i found i didnt want it at all... the smell made me sick. i crave veggies and fruit now.... we even kicked out the candy and cakes.... that crave is gone too.

We eat a lot of beans... we use to love taco salad... now we have kidney beans that have been cooked in the taco seasoning like it was hambuger and then add the salad stuff to it. use to after eating taco salad with meat i would feel groggy and heavy, awful... with the beans i feel full and still light.

i use to hate celery... now i love it... it is so weird. i mean i could fry a can of spam and eat the whole thing my self with nothing with it... that thought is sickning to me now.

i always heard about all the chemicals in meat... steroids and such... im really starting to think there is something to it... it was killing my want for healthy food.

also just before my period i would crave food awful how bad, chocolate, cake, candy, eat eat eat..... this is my first period since i stopped eating the red meat and i didnt have those wild cravings.

also i always have severe cramps and blood clots. i didnt have those either... i know i have lost 22 lbs.... but i have lost in the past and that didnt matter... the new thing is the red meat!

we eat very little meat now.... not red... chicken breast and turkey... i try not to at all but i dont want to get sick beans. Subway is good eats!

Having my hubby/ best friend do it with me is great. We are always together and we encourge each other to loose. When it is a girlfriend loosing with you it sometimes can be a comitition and when one doesnt loose as fast as the other one can get snippy or quit, i hate people like that.

when it is your hubby... you are one with him... so you are not competing with him... you are patially doing it for him and him for you. To have a better love life... to not feel ashamed when family sees his "little misses". when we got dating i was 130 and his friends would tease him about his hot girlfriend.... i hate to see those guys now and think.... what are they thinking... she was hot... now he is married to her all fat!

My hubby still tells me im pretty and sexy.. he dont notice the fat... he is great... but i see people looking at me... and not in a good way.... this maybe wrong but i want people to envy how his wife looks.... not pity him for it.
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #4  

That's wonderful!!!
Living with someone who is not sabatoging your healthy eating will take you a long way!

Keep us posted on your journey!
Mabela is offline   Reply With Quote