Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #1  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Default I Now Know My Trigger Foods!

I am addicted to Fast Food. Every time I quit fast food I go through serious withdrawls, and the last time in January, I went without fast food for a month. I allowed myself one splurge a month and it worked out very well! However, when I eat my trigger foods, I can't stop eating. I will go and eat it several times a day for days and days. I will eat anything I can get my hands on. I lose absolute control.

We just got our kitchen remodeled so we were without a proper kitchen for 6 weeks. That meant 6 weeks of eating nothing but gross and unhealthy foods. I've ballooned up to 200 pounds and this is it. I was walking 4 miles a day, eating pretty well, and I now have a kitchen again and I will be better equipped to succeed!

I hope that I can find strength in all of the stories here, and together we can all make our dreams come true. Being fat is very hard for me, and I really must be careful as I have had eating disorders for 17 years (started when I was 11). I want to be a good influence on my 7 year old daughter and I want to be able to inspire people and help others. I know that I am a binger because I am meant to help people like myself. It;s hard to remember that I was once 125 pounds and my NOW EX told me that I could stand to lose five pounds. Instead I gained 80 during my pregnancy and gained another 20 after he left me for being fat. Best thing he ever did for me!

This is all very hard, but I know I can do it. My trigger food is a poison. A poison that must be avoided. I CAN do it!

What are all of your trigger foods? I'm lucky in that I don't like sweets and such, but fast food is all around me all the time, so that's pretty hard!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #2  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I'm also a disordered eater. I started out with not eating enough and since then I've decided to take up bingeing. Always a struggle but I've realized a lot over the years.

My trigger foods are usually sweets. Anything with sugar. Chocolate is a big one too. And dried figs. As soon as I start eating "treats" I can't stop. It's all the mentality of the fact that I'm eating something I "shouldn't". I am realizing how closely related all the different eating disorders are and I hope to find some sort of normalcy in all this.

Keep posting and believe in yourself!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #3  
Doing it.

Thanks Bikini Dreader! Congrats on getting closer to your goal! *hugs*

I can't wait til I feel normal again! =D
Old 04-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5

Hang in there Jeanette, hopefully with your kitchen back you can start making your own food again. My trigger foods are usually are any baked goodies (cookies, pastry, cinnamon buns, donuts) icecream and pizza. I try to not keep any of it in the house because it will disappear way to quickly. Dh tries to stay away from that stuff as well (he bodybuilds, so tries to have a fairly healthy diet which helps me alot)
GL
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

What are my trigger foods? Pretty much anything I have to be VERY careful of what I keep in my house. Fast food is definitely a problem (once I start on that beast, I can have as much as 2 huge fast food meals a day and still want more, so I avoid it). Anything that can be eaten in large quantities is a problem. I can't buy containers of ice cream (not even "healthier" versions, like no sugar added, fat free, or frozen yogurt) because I will eat the entire half gallon in maybe 3 days (if it lasts even that long). I can't buy bags of potato chips (not even ones with healthy oils or baked varieties) for the same reason. No snacks of any kind, really. Even the 100-calorie junk food packs--I'll end up eating multiple packs at a time instead of just 1. The reason I'm a binge eater is that I'm a compulsive eater. If it's there, I will eat it. Period. Even if it's not all that yummy--anything I know I shouldn't have more than one serving of at a time, I will think about it and think about it until I've eaten it all.

My kitchen can no longer contain prepared foods. I have lots of ingredients, but no quick and easy things to grab and eat. I do buy soy crisps for my fiance, but I don't like them that much (and he always offers me one, but I will never take it because I know that even though they're not my favorite, if I have 1, I will eat a whole bag). I also buy frozen pizzas for him, but only the "supreme" variety that have mushrooms, onions, and peppers on it, all of which I hate, so I won't eat it
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:32 PM   #6  
Doing it.

Thanks everyone. I'm really excited about this, but sad that tomorrow is Easter and so I can't spend time at the gym. =(
Old 04-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

My weakness is definitely sweets. I could always generally take or leave fast food. My advice, if you haven't already seen it, is to rent "Supersize Me", the doc. film made by the guy (Morgan Spurlock, I think) who only ate McDonalds for 1 month. Weight issues aside, what it did to his health was quite an eye-opener - turned me right off fast food altogether. Fast Food Nation is also supposed to have the same effect, though I have not seen that one yet.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #8  
Doing it.

I read Fast Food Nation when it came out. Did what The Jungle did.. turned me off that stuff for a bit but not long term.

Sadly, Supersize Me just made me hungry.

It's not hard for me to stop eating fast food as long as I tell everyone I know that I am stopping. I was a veggie for ages and before that I was a HUGE meateater.

=)
Old 04-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

I'm like you Jeannette, I could go the rest of my life without sweets but I LOVE fried food and I LOVE fast food.... those are deffinately my trigger foods. It's hard to avoid them, but it's good that you labled them as "poisons" because that's exactly what they are. I've done a good job staying away from them since i started studying up on different foods and what they do to your body. I deffinately don't want to do that to my body. I do treat myself every once in awhile though. But, I regret it everytime. Once you don't eat it for awhile it makes you feel like crap when you eat it...
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #10  
Doing it.

I so agree, Casey!

I didn't eat fast food for a month and only after a week I felt GREAT! Breathing was easier, I had more energy... I ate it because I was PMSing, and it didn't even taste good, but now I'm stuck in the rut again! AGH! Anyway, tomorrow is the day. Day one. I think I may start a video blog as well. We shall see!
Old 04-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Anything starchy is my trigger. Potatoes, pasta...especially pasta. I have a hard time having just one serving of something starchy...I crave it!
HarPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:42 AM   #12  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseygail21 View Post
Once you don't eat it for awhile it makes you feel like crap when you eat it...
I agree a million percent. The time I eat fast food neary every day, I don't have a problem with it at all. But when I stop for a few weeks and eat healthier and then stop for fast food again after a while, I definitely feel sooo sick. You would think that by now I would have learned that, and that I would stop eating it, but sometimes it just tastes SO good!

I watched SuperSize Me. It did not change my mind one bit. I ALWAYS knew fast food was unhealthy, and of COURSE eating that oil-soaked crap 3 times a day (and nothing else) would make you sick. It was an hour and a half of me going, "Well, DUH!"
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:44 AM   #13  
Doing it.

=)

I did an 87 minute workout this morning at 530am. I'm really tired now. I don't know if I should do more in a bit or if I should take a nap! *laughs*
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #14  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Good for you! I started working out at 6:30 am a few months ago and it completely changed my days. YOu have more energy and are less inclined to search for food to give you that energy. I love it. I dont know how you got up at 5:30 but that's great!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #15  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I'm a bit like Jillybean - nearly everything sets me off - but I particularly struggle with breakfast cereals, bread, biscuits and chocolate - milk chocolate. I have banned these items from my house because I can't cope with them. Ironically I have no problem at all with cereal bars and I find that plain chocolate satisfies the chocolate craving and then actually dulls my appetite which has been a most welcome discovery I really don't like fast food - it just tastes nasty to me.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote