Old 08-21-2006, 10:07 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat 8/21-27

It (finally) has occured to me that if I'm serious about losing weight, I've really got to do something about it---besides talk. That means drinking the water and doing the exercise. And watching what I eat. I see the scale creeping back up to where I started and had to take a serious look at myself to figure out WHY I'm allowing myself to do this. I think it was because the first time around it was "easy". Meaning most of the weight dropped w/out me having to sweat for it. So after eating junk food Saturday and waking up at 4:00 sick from it....I've had to seriously take a look at...do I WANT to keep doing this to myself? And WHY would I? After all, I remember how great I felt when I "felt" thinner. And my clothes weren't tight. So I need to do a HUGE follow through on this. I've GOT to get back on track. And not just until I hit my goal weight. But for ALWAYS. This has to be a lifestyle change. Yup, been hearing that for the past few years....now it's time I made it personal.
So here's to a brand new start!!!

PS...forgot to mention DH and I just got bikes...so now I'm hoping to get out and actually use them!!

Last edited by lady_adnerb; 08-21-2006 at 10:15 AM.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congrat's Brenda on getting a "brand new start". WTG.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. I'm back from vacation!2 weeks turned into 4! stopped to visit friends and then transmission went in georgia and got trapped in some small little town for 5 days because of course it happened on a sat and no one would even look at it until monday!)
I set off on this vacation with such good intentions. We drove to Naples Fl.
I packed up a goodie bag for my hubby and kids for the road with lunch and snacks and then I packed my own goodie bag. I left them in the fridge overnight and specifically told my DH not to forget that there are 2 different bags and to grab both. We about 4 hours into driving I felt like a snack and low and behold, no goodie bag for me! I was livid. He knew how important it was for me. I starved most of the time and then we stopped at kfc and I ate dry chicken breast without the skin. Itried real hard to stay on top of thiings. Even the next three weeks I did pretty good. one little cheat here and there. ( I did have a lot of fruit but didn't care about that so much)
Once our transmission went we got towed to this little town and dumped in a motel. There was nothing around to eat at all. we ate peanut butter bread (which we had taken with us) and cereal. I was so disgusted with myself. Not so much for cheating beacause I didn't have a choice but just for how I felt. GROSS. THe day we got the car fixed my husband took us out to dinner before we hit the road and I celebrated with a good meal finished off with an ice cream cone! I figured how much worse could it get. We got home late at night and the next morning I literally got on the scale with my eyes closed and had to psyche myself up for what I was about to see. Thank God. I actually didn't gain any weight. I don't know how but I'm not complaiing. I am so thrilled. So Saturday morning I got back on induction and hope to keep rolling. I didn't exercise much. Running on the beach is sure a lot harder than on a treadmill. I still have to face that machine and I'm afraid that all the work I put into being able to get up to an hour will be lost.
Lillybelle, sorry to hear about your ankle. I was looking forward to you exercising with me!
Well I hope everyone is doing fine. I have a lot of posts to update myself with. Anyone lose good last month?
I am really busy with trying to catch up with laundry and get the girls ready for school. I can't believe that it's that time already!
Candy, Glad to see that you are back. I have to look for your past posts but I get the feeling that things are well with your son? I hope so.
have a good night all.
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:09 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Lily: Hope your foot is getting better! And TY

Maggie: Sounds like you had a good time. Despite the lack of goody bag and the transmission! Welcome back

Well, did good yesterday. I need to cut down on soda. But I did better on that as well. And came close to getting the water in. Exercise went out the window as I ended up having too much else to do. Same as today-not sure if I'll get that in. Hopefully we'll get a bike ride in Onward to day 2~~~
Old 08-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #5  
lilybelle

hi everyone. I mentioned on here a week or so ago about the 2 bucket flu. Well I'm still having problems with it whenever I try to eat. I went to the doctor yesterday. He said I have gastroenteritis and that my liver enzymes are up "terribly" also potassium and sodium levels are down. I have lost 5 lbs. in the last 5 days and am down to 137. I won't change my ticker this time because I know it's just from dehydration. He put me on antibiotics (Cipro) and Carafate and Phenergan. I'm on a clear liquid diet at this time. I sure hope this gets better soon. He plans to admit me to hospital tomorrow if I'm not better by then.
I tried to go to PT yesterday. I made it a couple blocks to the gas station. A young man (stranger) was pumping gas too and kind of flirting with me. All of a sudden, I just started throwing up. (gross I know). I'm sure he thought, "damn she's sexy". I jumped in my car and sped back to the house, before I shat my pants. I then called my doctor's office to get in. The receptionist said all appointments were taken for the day. I said, "if he can't see me now, I'll have to go to the ER". They then told me to come on in. Note that in the small town where I'm at if you go to the ER during the day, your doctor has to leave his office and come over and treat you. Not seeing you at the office just causes more of a headache for him and his other patients that are waiting.
Anyway, I have been doing my foot PT exercises at home. I can move it side to side but not up and down. Still using immobilizer boot and stumbling around the house. I am planning to call my PT and reschedule some appointments as soon as tummy stuff clears up.
Brenda, glad to hear that you are doing good . Bike riding sounds like a lot of fun. I want a new bike too so I can ride with my DD. Right now, I'm saving to buy a new couch and new computer. I don't buy anything on credit.
Hey, my x-ray girl told me yesterday where I could get breast implants for $3000.00 and said she and her friends all got them there and love them. Since losing all this weight, I could use some. lol. Maybe, I'll save for this next. DH wants a new boat, but I think he'd like the new boobs just as well. lol
Old 08-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Brenda chicklet now get that construction sign off your beautiful picture.... You need to love yourself before you can make any changes...right girls?

Lilly feel better !!! yikes girl.

Maggie welcome home

everyone
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #7  
lilybelle

I am feeling a little better today. I just cleaned the formal dining room and found my Christmas tree is still up and decorated in there. Is this sad or what. At least it was moved by DH from in front of bay window. Oh well, Christmas will be here soon, so I'm leaving it up. I am now fixing to tackle cleaning the room that my son just moved out of and his bathroom. Wish me luck, it's pretty scary in there.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all.

Brenda - Thanks for the welcome back! I have found that I have gotten to the point where "Diet" alone is not enough. I need to exercise. When I do, I can even cheat a bit and have a soda. IT doesn't seem to effect me.

Lillybelle - Glad to hear that you are feeling better! That must have been tough. I can't believe how low your weight has gone! Ijust wish it was for good reasons, not for being sick! Hang in there!

Leenie - HI! thanks for the welcome back!

Well I think Iwill tackle the treadmill tomorrow morning. That is as hard for me to get going again with as starting induction. Maybe even more so!
have a good day all!

maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:48 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

On the run, just wanted to check in. Water was non-existant yesterday but food was OP. No exercise again--but figured that as I had meetings all day. So maybe today Youngest DD is having a friend over so not sure. lol
Old 08-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #10  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. I am feeling better today and feel like I can dodge that being put in the hospital. I am keeping liquids down. I have also had a crazy idea to clean house. It is looking good

I am majorally frustrated at my DH. I can't understand why every time he starts a project he never finishes it. We had a leak in one of our showers that was behind the wall. He cut the wall and fixed the leak several months ago. Yesterday I had him go with me for the ply wood and caulking junk to repair the wall. He started on it, made a huge mess and left it. Then he sat for hours playing Party Poker on the computer. I am sure that when he gets off work at 3PM today that I will be nagging him to finish the job. Sad part is this is in the room that I worked very hard to clean spotless yesterday and now all his crap has left a huge mess. Am I the only one that has the handyman from **** for a DH? lol. Recently we had clogged sinks in the kitchen and our 3rd bathroom. He fiddled with it for several days. Finally, I just called a plumber and they had it fixed in an hour. Glad they fixed it before he cut through another wall. lol. Right now part of our deck and gazebo is needing restored. I am going to contract someone to do the work, this won't make him happy, but it would cave in before he gets around to fixing it completely. Also, I am now heading out to try to mow the yard with a screwed up ankle. It's pretty cool outside today. First, I have to take down the slip_n_ slide thing he left in the front yard for my grandson to play on. Sorry, I just needed to vent.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:07 PM   #11  
lilybelle

I got the front yard and 1 side mowed. It was killing my ankle to keep pushing on the clutch on the darn mower. So, I gave up. He can either finish it when he gets home, or it'll just have to look like crapolla for a while longer. The back yard still needs mowed.
I'm off to watch Dr. Phil maybe he has some good advice for me. LOL, my DH hates that show.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #12  
lilybelle

Yeah! He finished mowing and weed eating. The house and yard are starting to really shape up
I have to tell you all that I have been trying a lot of new low-carb recipes. I needed something different to eat. Now that DH is home of the evening he is getting to eat lots of home-cooked LC meals and he likes it. Last night I cut some steaks into strips, piled it with squash, onions, brussel sprouts, butter and seasoning salt and wrapped in foil tightly. Cooked at 350 degrees for an hr. and made a big salad to go with it. We all thought it was delicious.
The night before I made LC meatballs in brown gravy and they were very good. I love cooking, just not the mess.
I was getting so tired of the grilled meat and salad and veggie combo every single night. Also tried the Legal Pizza this week and Hidden Valley Ranch Chicken and both are good and filling.
Hope everyone is doing great.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:43 PM   #13  
I will achive my goals!!!

S/C/G: 285.5/280.5/175

Height: 5'5

Unhappy

Hi, i just started induction on Monday and i've lost 5 lbs so far, i'm feeling great, but was wondering if eating hot wings from a pizza shop is okay to eat? My parents don't agree with me doing atkins and my mom has been on my case about eating hot wings saying it's bad for me cause it's fried....my dh is supporting me all the way, but i wish my mom could support me a lot more. I don't like to hear her telling me i'm eating bad things all the time. i need more support from her then that....Has anyone on here had any problems with someone in their families not supporting them? It really upsets me. I told her today that no matter what i'm gonna continue to do the atkins no matter what nobody's gonna stand in my way of losing this weight. the only problem i had tonight is that i had mac and cheese, a complete NO!NO! So i drink a protein drink after i ate my dinner...I can't wait to get to know you ladies on here, you are just great supporters...Have a goodnight....
Brandy
Brandy1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:10 PM   #14  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!

I've been on Atkins over 2 years. Luckily, I have a very supportive DBF and my parents have been great since Day 1. Lots of people don't understand how Atkins works. They assume we sit and eat pounds of bacon, tons of red meat, sticks of butter & lots of cheese and never touch a veggie or a salad. My suggestion to you regarding your Mom, would be to have her read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution. It will help her understand how & why this way of eating works.

Brandy, my advice to you is to never think of Atkins as a temporary fix. You MUST make it as a lifestyle change. Having said that, you will succeed!

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:48 PM   #15  
I will achive my goals!!!

S/C/G: 285.5/280.5/175

Height: 5'5

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post

Brandy, my advice to you is to never think of Atkins as a temporary fix. You MUST make it as a lifestyle change. Having said that, you will succeed!

Thank you JerseyGyrl for your support...No i don't think of Atkins as a temporary fix, i'm thinking of it as a new way of eating healthy...I'm looking fowards to see the new me, that i never want to go back to they way i am now. That is all i'm thinking about now, is being healthy and getting out there and playing with kids outside without having to stop to catch my breath..I'm missing out on so much of my kids life not being able to play games with them. I'm looking fowards to so much, i can feel it right there at my fingertips, and i know i'm gonna achive my goals that i have set for myself...

Talk to you later, have a goodnight....
Brandy
Brandy1324 is offline   Reply With Quote