Old 07-19-2006, 09:33 AM   #16  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Still doing good...I hopped on the scale this morning....I wasnt going to, but I didnt get my coffee fast enough to stay off it I dont know how much Ive lost, because I didnt get on the scale the day I started back to eating properly. But just from looking in the mirror, I can tell Ive lost alot of the puffiness I had. So, I'll not get on the scale until the 25th.

I havent wanted to turn the stove on at all either. Last night dh put noodles on to cook, and then left it.........for me to cook I wasnt impressed. So tonight, he gets to cook it all!

Today, Im taking dd and her friend to the amusement park. Should be alot of fun, its a bit overcast (thankfully) Ive got my lc snacks packed and lots of water...koolaide for the kids, and little munchie things for them. I think we are set.

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #17  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I am off to a day at the mall, shopping for a dress and shoes. I hope it goes well. I had sausage patties and scrambled eggs for breakfast. So, I shouldn't be tempted to eat anything. My hands are a little swollen, I think I am retaining some fluid in this heat too. I weighed yesterday, so I'll wait and weigh again in a few days. I think I need to drink more water. Hope everyone has a great day.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #18  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies! Sorry to disappear so soon after I introduced myself! I made a trip to CA to pick up my kids from my parents this weekend. They were there for 3 weeks and definitely ready to come home! I really struggled to stay on some resemblance of a low carb plan while there. My mom is very unsupportive of any effort I make and thinks it's "silly to low carb". While she's been told by her dr's she needs to lose a few pounds and is very carb addicted, she refuses to listen to anything I have to say on a lc woe. So, needless to say, I struggled big time and ate some things that were not low carb at all!

Today is a new day and I am refocused and ready to get serious. I figure, by Xmas time I'll have lost some, she'll know I mean business! lol I definitely know I feel better staying away from sugar and starch. Like my dh keeps reminding me, the only person that matters right now is me, and I need to quit worrying about what my mother thinks. Sounds easy, but hard concept to get around! lol

Anyways, I'm off to take DS to the orthodontist and then we've got some shopping to do. I hope you girls are having a terrific afternoon and I will come check in on you all. Thanks so much for making me feel so welcome here!

♥danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. Well I'm leaving Friday am for vacation. We are driving to FLordia. probably going to stop somewhere overnight. Dont' think the kids will make a 1100 mile car ride. I'm planning on packing lunch for everyone and we'll have dinner when we stop at night. I guess I could put a salad and some grilled chicken in the cooler. I am also planning on bringing some hard boiled eggs, cheesesticks and celery to munch on. I think I should be able to stay OP. We are staying in a timeshare so we have a complete kitchen and will eat at least 2 meals in. They also have a gym on site which was great news!.I amplanning on packing my scale as well! How's that for determination. i don't want any surprises when I get back! This way I"ll still have to be accountable.
I'm not sure If I'll have access to a computer though so hope everyone has a great 2 weeks. I hope I get to read some good news on you all when I get back and I hope that I'll be able to report that I made my summer heat challenge!
Talk to you all when I get back.
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:03 PM   #20  
lilybelle

Have a great trip NTL. I'll miss seeing you on the exercise challenge.
My shopping day is done. I found 2 very pretty dresses and bought both of them. They were on sale. I got a haircut and style and bought new shoes as well. Since I am so much bigger on top, I had to get a size 12 in the dresses, but the fit was so flattering that you can't tell that I have no butt and bird legs. I hope to get some pic's at the wedding of me and my DH with him in a tuxedo.
I had been all worried about shopping with my MIL , but it was a good trip. It took her forever to find anything to wear. She wears a 16Petite and we went to every store in the mall. She absolutely loved the dresses that I bought and made me feel better about making my own choices. All in all, it was a good day. I am tired. We were at the mall for 6 hrs.
I did find some other dresses too that I really liked, while we were shopping for her, but I decided that 2 was enough for now. Since I am shopping for furniture now, I need to be more careful of my spending.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #21  

That's great news about the dress lillybelle, I know what you mean about size, I'm going to be the same way I think. right now I'm a 10 or 12 in pants and a xlarge in tops. I hate it. But I did jut go down a bra size, so maybe that's good news!
enjoy the wedding. I look forward to some pictures!
I will miss being here! hopefully I can find a computer to at least check in once in a while.
take care
maggie
Old 07-20-2006, 07:16 AM   #22  

Oh, I don't know how I forgot to mention this - my weighinday is usually Sunday, but I wanted a "going away" weight to hold onto, so I got on the scale this morning and lost 2 lbs. this week so far!! YIPPEE I can't believe I"m headed towards the low end of the 150"s. I don't know how I did it this week. haven't been eating much because of the heat and my exercises has been down a bit too. but hey, who's complaining?
maggie
Old 07-20-2006, 08:46 AM   #23  
Baby Steps

Robin: How did the day at the park go?

Lily: Sounds like you had a great time. Congrats on the dress & hopefully you can get pictures

Danielle: Your DH is a very wise man! But I also hear you on the hard to not listen to your mom thing. Good luck and we'll be here if you need us!!

NTL: WTG on the 2 pounds!!! Have a great 2 week vacation and sounds like you've got it all under control! Can't wait to hear all about it

Well, I think it's FINALLY sinking in that I can't continue to do LC during the week and eat what I want on the weekend. Not if I want to see the scale go down. I'm only down 1 pound from a couple weeks ago. Whereas I HAD gone down 3. Luckily this weekend I'm not going to my parents house (so shouldn't be tempted by desserts) so I SHOULD be able to stay OP. I'm going to work on one weekend at a time. If it ever cools off I should start getting into an exercise routine as well. But this heat just drains me so I really don't do ANYTHING. I'm always so tired feeling!! I hate it! I also need to increase the water intake. Only getting about 1/2 of what I SHOULD be getting. Good news is my rings don't feel as tight. So maybe water's starting to disappear. Hopefully it keeps going!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:02 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 211/162/135

Height: 5'3"

needtolose4me2 - good luck on your trip. I know that traveling with kids can be a really PITA. WTG on the weight loss.

lilybelle - yay. I love shopping. Can't wait to see the pics.

lady_adnerb - I know what you mean about the heat. I've been staying close to the AC for a while now. lol

Well.. as far as me goes. The scale finally moved and the TOM is just about over. Whew. Why do we get to be the lucky sex?

I'm beyond proud of myself right now. I have stuck to plan. I never stick to a plan for too long. lol But so far, so good. I just keep reminding myself of all the cute clothes I will be able to fit into next Spring if I just keep at it. I'm tired of being fat. I hate it. That's my motivation. Oh.. that and all the cute boys I'll be able to flirt with.

Positive energy all.

- Jux
Juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:49 AM   #25  
lilybelle

NTL, Congratulations on that 2lb. send off, that is great. Have fun.
Brenda, I know what you mean about the weekends, I have struggled with the same thing. With the wedding this weekend, I am sure my eating won't be perfect.
Juxtapose, Congratulations for sticking with the program, I sure know it isn't always easy, but I sure know that it works great too. Good luck on your continued success.
NTL, I had to add that I am very happy to be down bra sizes. I am down to a 36C from 42DD. My chest looks almost normal instead of huge. I was tired of carrying them big girls around every day. Why couldn't I have been blessed with narrow shoulders instead of these football shoulders? Then, I'd be able to wear all the cute , small shirts. I see very few women on here hoping for a flat butt and bird legs. LOL
Old 07-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #26  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Maggie~ have a great time on your trip!! Florida !!! I love it there!! WTG on your lbs lost!!!

Brenda~ I think you and I are at about the same place in our brains I goofed up yesterday, and ended up with a wicked headache this morning. Kinda like a kick in the head to remind me to smarten up! Im glad your rings are fitting better, I hate that feeling too.

Lily~ I cant wait to see your pictures!! Im glad you had a nice time shopping!

Jux~ cute clothes is a great motivator!! Keep up the great work.

The amusement park was a blast. The other little girl we brought with us, was seriously sheltered It was fun just watching her come off the rides yelling "that was seriously fun!!" I went on the roller coaster with them the 1st time, and the poor girl screamed herself hoarse! The girls went on it 2 more times. We're all sunburnt, even with lotsa sunscreen on! We were in bed by 9 last night

I did decide while I was there in the water park, that next year, I am not going to look like this! again next year!! Im so tired of my lumpy droopy look!!!!!

Ive also made another decision.....dh has wanted me to get a tattoo, but I havent found anything I really like enough to have done. So.....I have decided on a dragon....I love dragons, and have been practising drawing them for a while now. I plan on drawing one for dh, so I thought a female version of the one I do for him, would do wonderfully for me

So my promise to myself, no matter how hot it is, I will get to the gym for cardio at least 3x next week, until I am under 200lbs. Then I will be at the gym 5x a week, for cardio and weight training. I want, I want, I want the body I know I am capable of attaining.

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:55 AM   #27  

Thanks all! I'll be in touch!
maggie
Old 07-20-2006, 05:38 PM   #28  
Baby Steps

I want my belly button pierced. I said IF I could ever get it flat I'd get it pierced, but you know, I've had 2 kids. I don't think (short of lypo) it'll EVER be flat enough for my liking..so am thinking of getting it done now. It's not like anyone's going to see it but DH and me!

(Note to Robin: LOVE the idea of the tattoos. Then again, I'm a tattoo lady myself Let me know when you get it, I'd love to see pics of it!!!!! )

Not even half the water intake today. Maybe that's why I feel headachy? We now have TWO AC's running, so I risked it and made liver & onions (used the stove). We'll see how the girls like it. Made it different. Usually I just fry it in veggie oil. This time I fried it in bacon grease. Good for the ol' arteries But it's a once in a while thing Time to go drink some water
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #29  
SES

Default I lost 5 pounds in 3 days

I ordered these things called SupraSvelte drops that you put in your coffee and I started doing that on the July 17. My start weight wask 247 and this morning when I got on the scale I weighed 242. I couldn't believe it! I feel great. I don't have any side effects, if anything I feel better. It is all natural, and I like that. This product gets two thumbs up for me.
SES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #30  

Scam out of Canada according to the internet search I just did.

Hey Robin, a dragon sounds mega cool! I would love to see it when you are done - hubby's too. My artist daughter is designing me a fairy/spirit guide/warrior tattoo. I can't wait to see what she comes up with. She talks to me often about what it means to me so she can capture all the elements that are important to me.

108 today. And we have a baseball game. Ick. I have to say thank you to you guys for letting me know that you all are possibly retaining water also. I really didn't think about that happening in the heat. I've been eating less and drinking more (I thought) but have seen my scale up the last few days and I was kinda doing a slow freakout until I read here that others were experiencing something simular. I thought with all the sweating weight would be down but I guess my body is worried about fluid levels in the heat so is holding on to every drop. My fingers/hands are very puffy.

My mom used to make liver and onions with some wine. I remember it being very good but I've never made it and I'm fairly sure the boys would not care for it. Let me know how your girls like it.

Have a nice afternoon/evening all.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote