3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Weekly Chat/ 5/15-21 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/84357-weekly-chat-5-15-21-a.html)

lady_adnerb 05-15-2006 07:18 AM

Weekly Chat/ 5/15-21

Well, today is a brand new day. I'm barely awake though. The plan for after the fast didn't work out. The piggy in me decided to take over and I truly DO have no self control. But I also realized through this that I've got to get a schedule in place. A routine. And put exercise and cleaning (yes, the 2 things I'm allergic to :lol: ) into it. So that's the plan today. A bit of cleaning. A bit of exercise. Some reading. That is IF it rains. If it doesn't, then I've got to mow the hay field...I mean what used to be the lawn :lol: Off to go get the day started :)

AmandaMc 05-15-2006 08:04 AM

Brenda

You make me laugh!! I to am needing to exercise I have been in fornt of my pc for hours! I am praying for rain as I can't possibly run in the rain will cathc a cold. Instead I am gonna find some nice recipes for myself and make things to eat.

Enjoy your day

Amanda xxx

RobinW 05-15-2006 09:12 AM

Good Morning :coffee:

Its been crazy busy around here for the last 2 weeks. Will be fairly busy this week, and the weekend too, but I'll try to pop in more often to keep myself in check.

Lots of new folks around.....:welcome3:

Lacey~ welcome back, so tell me, just how much are you enjoying your new home? ;)

Im off to get my day started, have a great one ladies!

SherryA 05-15-2006 10:37 AM

The weather here is so extremely strange today and yesterday. It has a feeling in the air that I don't like. It makes me feel anxious. I was watching the news yesterday and I guess the weather across the country is all a bit strange, but (from the way I understand it) the weather for our country starts on the west coast, blows in from the ocean, and affects the rest of the country.

Yesterday we had a very hot day. It was 83 in the house long after the outside had cooled down. I slept with the front door open and only the security screen door locked. Normally our nights aren't warm enough to do that, but today they were. There is a strange quality in the air. News said there is a low pressure system off the coast that is stalled out there, trying to move in, but unable to right now.

I don't know what this means, but when we've experienced this type of weather before, a lot of times the mid west experiences tornadoes. Sometimes even here we have dust devils, little start-to-be tornadoes, that never really amount to much.

There is an expectant quality to the air. Like something is about to happen. I don't know what. Earthquake? That's all the natural disasters we usually experience out here on the west coast. And I'm not sure it feels like earthquake weather. Maybe I'm just anxious because I know extreme heat makes me feel ill.

Anyway keep alert all of you. Especially those of you in the tornado areas. This feels like something that is going to affect people in other areas east of here. Maybe it is just my joints anticipating that low pressure system that is trying to move in. Sometimes when the pressure is getting ready to change, there is this anxious strange feeling.

Self control? What's that? I'm not sure I have much if any control. I just try and keep my choices from being too awful. Control is too much to ask for right now. Better choices, attempts to keep most of my decisions on the more positive side. At the moment that is all I can do. Drink my water, get some exercise, avoid eating the worst things, try and eat more of the healthy things, the natural things, and avoid the artificial things.

Perfectionism makes me give up and not try, so instead I'm just trying to do the best I can with what I can. Getting more exercise working in the garden. Trying to put in some veggys. Heat defeats me though, so I'm trying to work while its cool.

Ciarra 05-15-2006 11:05 AM

Morning:
I'm going to mow my yard as well today. We have had stuff going on days when it was dry enough to mow, and when I had time to mow too wet to do so, so now it is too high not to get it done right away.
Mother's Day was awesome. Ate terrible cause did not cook at all. But that was a nice treat. And have new dining room furniture as well as living room furniture. Gotta clean house at some point because moved it in and gotta get all the stuff resituated.
Mom inlaw is having hip replacement surgery in the morning. I may be there while the surgery is going on so may be MIA most of this week. If that turns out to be the case I'll see ya'll about Friday or Saturday. Just depends on how she does and how much help she needs.
Sherry that is interesting. I'm in Texas and had a small twister in my back yard a couple of years ago. Moved a kiddie pool with water in it over into the neighbors yard. I am always scared that a big one will come our way though. Hate tornados.
Anyway gotta run and get stuff done around here in case I'm not here. Ya'll have a great day.

lady_adnerb 05-15-2006 12:27 PM

Amanda: You can have our rain. We've gotten too much of it!

Robin: Enjoy your week :)

Sherry: We live in an area that never used to have tornado's. Last year there were 3 in our "township" alone. One was about 3 miles from our house. We didn't even know about it until AFTER it was through the area. The weather station never TOLD us. Luckily the county had us in a watch so we had the kids in the basement while we tried getting things ready to be down there. By the time we got it ready it was already past. Go figure! But I know what you mean---this weather is funny and one never knows what's going to happen anymore---or WHEN. Stay safe!!

Ciarra: Hope you can get the lawn mowed. If yours is like ours, you'll have to do it in stages so it doesn't look like mowed hay. I've got ours done at the
2nd highest level that can be on the lawn mower. If possible in another couple days I'll do it again w/it at a lower setting until it's back to manageable length again. But with the rain we're supposed to get? We might be lucky I got what I did done!!

Well, off to take a shower to get rid of the grass and exhause smell from the lawn mower. Then maybe a haircut and a nap. I'm feeling sick to my stomach so not sure what the deal is. Maybe the junk finally caught up with me? dunno. But I know that water doesn't hold any appeal. Drinking a diet 7up :wave: hi everyone.

hockeyfan7 05-15-2006 12:53 PM

Hi everyone!

Ladies, sorry but I'm not buying the "I'm allergic to exercise" routine. Start small with just 10 to 15 minutes a day, every day. Walk around the block. Climb stairs in your house or just go to the stair landing and do steps up and down on one stair. Ride a bike. Dance to the music. Just do one thing. Each day add another minute. Before you know it, you'll be doing 30-45-60 minutes a day and you will be addicted.

Exercise isn't just for weight loss. Cardio strengths your heart and your lungs and regular exercise can help protect you from heart disease and stroke, high blood pressure, noninsulin-dependent diabetes, obesity, back pain, osteoporosis, and can improve your mood and help you to better manage stress.

And yes, mowing the lawn counts as exercise.

RobinW 05-15-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan7
Hi everyone!

Ladies, sorry but I'm not buying the "I'm allergic to exercise" routine. Start small with just 10 to 15 minutes a day, every day. Walk around the block. Climb stairs in your house or just go to the stair landing and do steps up and down on one stair. Ride a bike. Dance to the music. Just do one thing. Each day add another minute. Before you know it, you'll be doing 30-45-60 minutes a day and you will be addicted.

Exercise isn't just for weight loss. Cardio strengths your heart and your lungs and regular exercise can help protect you from heart disease and stroke, high blood pressure, noninsulin-dependent diabetes, obesity, back pain, osteoporosis, and can improve your mood and help you to better manage stress.

And yes, mowing the lawn counts as exercise.

:yes: I agree 100% !!!!!

lady_adnerb 05-15-2006 02:38 PM

Susan, I was joking about being allergic. And if I push mowed the lawn I'd count the exercise but I use the rider.

Robin: :wave:

Got my hair cut and now might lay down for a nap. Still feeling sick to my stomach. Thought the 7-up would settle it. I was wrong :(

BrownEyedJ 05-15-2006 03:12 PM

Hi Everyone...hope everyone is having a good day ! It's a beautiful day here for May (21 degrees). I went for a walk at lunchtime for about an hour...it was so nice to be outside. :smug:

Take care all !

lilybelle 05-15-2006 03:25 PM

Hi everyone, we've had a lot of rain here lately too. I mowed the yard today and it was really needing it. Used the rider of course but it still took me 3 hrs. I have my husband out doing the weed-eating. I'm a little mad at him right now. I mentioned to him that Friday on our daughter's birthday that I had cake and pizza with all the girls. He acted shocked and then proceeded to tell me that I've been weighing too often. I don't know what difference this makes to him. It just hit me wrong. I wanted to say "let me see you lose a lot of weight and then tell you what to do". I know I went off program and figured having only done this twice in almost 11 months was actually very good. Sorry to rant, he's usually very good and supportive but he pi@@ed me off. I went back on program on Sat. and have stuck to it. My weight hasn't changed any yet, hope it doesn't.

RobinW 05-15-2006 03:38 PM

Brenda, Im not going to answer for Susan, but I knew you were joking (sorta :lol: ) Exercising causes us to sweat, makes the heart race and shortens our breath........sounds like an allergic reaction to me!!! :lol3:

Falon 05-15-2006 03:47 PM

Afternoon girls:

Sounds like everyone's day is already moving.

Lilybelle - I was thinking that maybe he's so affraid of you unraveling your marvelous success with that cheat, that it scares him. Men react like idiots with out really meaning to sometimes, and surely they would say we do the same thing. The weighing yourself to much (if that's true) is probably because you are so darn close to your goal. :hug:

Off to the library with the kiddos. Nothing to report here. Had a wonderful Indian dinner last night with the family for MD instead of sushi. I was good, made right choices, and enjoyed every darn bite! :)

bnbsmommy1 05-15-2006 04:32 PM

Brenda: did you get any exercise in?? sorry you're not feeling well. Your icon pic is 'da bomb' by the way!! you are lookin' hot!! *SSSSSS*
Do you like your new do?

Amanda: so what recipes did you make?

Robin: since I'm out of the loop clue me into your business. Is it a 'good' busy or a 'thing going nutty' busy? I still really like the new house but I'm working so much not to PAY for it that I haven't been IN it much LOL

Sherry: yes, the weather here has been STRANGE. One day I'll be wearing a coat, the next I'll have to wear shorts and a tank.

Ciarra: you got living room and dining room furniture?! We wanna see!!!

lilybelle: when I hit 150 I'm going to be weighing much more than the 2 times a day that I weigh now!! I might be like the women in that cereal commercial and tie the scale on my leg so I can weigh all day. Some men just DON'T get it.

all your mowing stories have inspired me 'sorta' to think about mowing too. All we have is a push mower though and almost 5 acres to mow :( if I do a little each evening then I bet I can get it done by the end of the week :dizzy:

I got half of my basement painted, I have a sewing room now and that's SO exciting to me!!! I don't think the basement has been touched in 70 years so it needs a ton of work, but it's fun thinking of all the possibilities!!

Have an awesome evening girlies!!

Lacey

ilovemike4alwayz 05-15-2006 09:42 PM

Well I restarted induction today. I think I am suffering from strep again for the 2nd time in 3 weeks, it is just ridiculous. I just dont know what to do, i feel like it will never go away. On a brighter side, I dyed my hair black instead of blonde and I so love it. well I am going to go and lay down. Catch up later.

lilybelle 05-15-2006 09:52 PM

Falon, I'm sure you are right. He's afraid I'll gain back some weight and he knows I was miserable before. It still just set wrong with me. He thinks one screw-up means the whole weight loss was for nothing. I don't thinks there's ever been anyone who never once cheated. I know I am weighing myself more than usual but I just can't wait to get below 150. Like I said, 149 and you all will hear me screaming clear from Oklahoma. On a positive note, I am back on the treadmill tonite and weeded my flower beds today.

SherryA 05-15-2006 10:17 PM

Exercise? Hmm. I've been exercising lately, but I'm really not sure if it counts. I've been digging up dirt in the garden, using the hoe and scraping weeds off the top of the soil so that we can plant our veggys.

It is hard work, I do get hot and sweaty, and it is work, but IS it exercise? Usually real exercise (lifting weights or aerobics) makes me feel GOOD when I'm done. This stuff just makes me feel achy and sore!

This morning before it got hot I was out digging. So weird the weather was. The birds weren't even singing. It was so still and silent out there it felt creepy. A few crickets is all I could hear.

I think we have a storm front getting ready to move in to replace this unusual heat wave we have been having. I hope so. Hope it gets here soon. I don't like this weird anticipating feeling. It is like you can feel that a change is coming, but can't tell what the change will be like.

Anyway it is cool outside, I think I will go outside and work in the yard a bit more. I really want a nice veggy garden this year. Plus we've been cleaning up the back yard, and boy has it needed it for a few years now!

I like the new avator and the dark hair. You look very glamourous. You looked pretty blonde too, but like a different person with dark hair.

lady_adnerb 05-16-2006 08:52 AM

Have a busy day so just wanted to :wave: and say hello to everyone and have a great day!!

RobinW 05-16-2006 09:26 AM

:wave: Brenda, and all to come.

tammy1214 05-16-2006 10:21 AM

Just a quick hi to all....don't forget me!

magpiefound 05-16-2006 11:06 AM

back on the wagon...

hey there- i fell off the wagon and gained every pound back that i lost. well, i'm here again starting from scratch. glad to be here.

lilybelle 05-16-2006 12:12 PM

Welcome back magpie and congratulations for getting back in here.

lilybelle 05-16-2006 12:15 PM

I finally exercised last night, it was 2 1/2 weeks since hernia surgeries. I made it 10 min's or 1/2 mile on treadmill. My tummy started getting a little sore while I was walking so I figured that this was a pretty decent start. I'll stick to 1/2 mile each night this week and eventually work back up to more exercise. I was happy to have done this much. My weight is still 150, so no hollering yet.

hockeyfan7 05-16-2006 01:47 PM

I know you guys were just joking about being allergic to exercise -- but you can't get away with it! :D :D Move it, move it, move it!!!

bnbsmommy1 05-16-2006 02:06 PM

hi sweeties!! :wave:

M&Gmom 05-16-2006 06:30 PM

Hey all. Still in a weird funk, but still staying on plan and losing inches. Hope you all are doing well. I'll be back to posting soon. :grouphug:

needtolose4me2 05-16-2006 07:54 PM

Hi all!
Just thought I'd jump in for a sec. You are all sounding so motivated I thought I'd see if it was contagious! I don't know what it is but I've been doing this for 6 weeks and still not much energy! I've added oneday weight smart, chromium picolanate, L- carintine, and co-Q10. for 10 days. stiill nothing!
It's going to be a tough week because I have to volunteer at the school bookfair everyday and already I'm having trouble getting my water in and I'm skipping meals. I've joined in on the firecracker challenge and now I think I may have jinxed myself!
Well let's hope for a better day tomorrow. You all made me feel like I better get my butt on that treadmill!
good night!

lilybelle 05-17-2006 12:11 AM

I got my butt on the treadmill again and did 1/2 mile. Felt better this time to exercise. Also went shopping and walked a lot. I sooooooooo need to quit spending so much money on clothes. Think I've traded my food addiction for a shopping addiction.

ilovemike4alwayz 05-17-2006 07:10 AM

Ok ladies. I had a bad day yesterday and did a lot of thinking last night and got a lot of things sorted out and I am ready to get this over with. I am no giving up on myself anymore. I am going to do this. I know that I can lose my weight on this lifestyle. So I am making it a point to go to the gym everyday and eat right everyday. I have to do this. Here are my reasons why....

1. I want to have kids and I want a healthy pregnancy.

2. I want to get off of my high blood pressure meds and my doctor says that if I get more weight off, he will take me off of it.

3. I want to feel sexy for myself and my husband.

SO guys I need yall to help keep me on track and grounded. We can all do this.

-Sandra

hockeyfan7 05-17-2006 09:36 PM

Hi everyone!

Needtolose - I recommend you get your iron level checked at your doctor's office - you may be low. Lack of energy is the first symptom.

Sandra - you can do this and great job of coming up with some reasons why.

Ok, I've decided to start a summer camp for cats. Can you imagine a schedule for cat camp?

6:00 am - 6:30 am - breakfast
6:30 am - 8:00 am - watch the birds and annoy humans getting ready for work - drink out of the toilet and get on the counters in the bathroom and in the sink
8:00 - 10:00 - post breakfast nap
10 - 10:30 - chase birds and squirrels
10:30 - 12:00 - pre lunch nap
12:00 - 12:30 - Lunch
12:30 - 3:00 - post lunch nap
3:00 - 3:15 - afternoon snack
3:15 - 5:00 - pre dinner nap
5:00 - 5:30 - dinner
5:30 - midnight - sleep
midnight - 3:00 a.m. -- bring toy to side of bed and meow at the top of your lungs to get someone to wake up and play with you
3:00 a.m. - 5:30 a.m. - more sleep
5:30 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. - Sit on heads in bed and meow loudly to get them to wake up and feed you!

lady_adnerb 05-18-2006 07:10 AM

Another busy day. If it rains it won't be busy, though. So far it's looking like it will be. So that means getting the kids ready for school and jumping right to everything. Why is it I can find the energy to mow the lawn or do errands but I can't find the urge to clean the house? UGH! Anyway, eating stunk last night so back at it today. Need to get my rump in gear again. My dad's having surgery (again) next week so I won't be here next Wednesday. Ok. Time's up--off I go for another merry-go-round day.
Have a great day everyone and remember the water :) (reminder to myself more than anyone) :wave:

BrownEyedJ 05-18-2006 11:43 AM

:wave: Everyone,
I jumped back on the wagon today, wasn't ready to do it yesterday so decided to wait until today to start induction again. I feel a lot more positive and I'm in the right mindset to do it this this time. This time I will succeed ! Hope eveyone is having a good day !

Janice (BrownEyedJ)

lilybelle 05-18-2006 01:32 PM

Welcome brownEyed, good job at getting back on program.

hockeyfan7 05-18-2006 01:56 PM

Hi Janice!

Well, my scale is not moving again. I can't wait for surgery next week and to get off this darn birth control pill. I'm pretty sure that the fact that this month's TOM has now lasted 33 days is causing no weight loss. I'm going to tell my surgeon that I expect a 10 lb drop when he's done -- he'll probably just laugh.

My rings aren't tight and my feet don't look swollen -- but it has to be a water retention problem. I'm drinking my 8-10 glasses a day. :(

Candy In Alabama 05-18-2006 07:46 PM

Hockeyfan,
Did i miss something...Why are you having surgery? Reminds me of me....

We got the results of my son's test's Tues. It will be surgery.... They are saying June 5th..... I haven't been posting here as much... I have been on the Weight loss and depression part of the forum...Not about my weight but, i needed help with everything that has been going on with my son and all.....I haven't forgot about you all... I love this board it can help us all in so many ways.....I hope everyone is doing good...I still read everyone's posts...I can't live without you guy's...:D ...:hug:
Candy

needtolose4me2 05-18-2006 07:55 PM

Hi all!
Well just as I expected, no weight loss this week.:( However on a brightnote, I did lose 3 inches! IT's funny, it seems to be one or the other.

Susan, Yes, I thought that my Iron may be low to. It's just that I'm battling constipation all the time. Adding an iron pill would probably put me over the edge.

Sandra. I love your new hair!

Hope evryone else is seeing a better weight loss than me this week.
(It figures, I went and joined in on the 4th of july callenge, I probably jinxed myself) ;)

maggie

lady_adnerb 05-19-2006 07:11 AM

Janice: Welcome back :)

lily: :wave:

Susan: I've heard that BCP can cause weight gain. Hope surgery goes well! Keep us posted when you feel up to it again! :hug:

Candy: Sorry to hear that your son has to have surgery. I hope all goes well there, also. And completely understandable about you needing support right now. Do what you have to :hug:

Maggie: I think I'd take the inches over the scale weight any day. WTG on the loss!!!

I ate good yesterday and got a glass more of water in. But still not enough. Just kind of coasting and finding a groove. Easing myself back into things. I know...excuses, excuses. Maybe this summer when things slow down I'll be able to find time for exercise. And get back into the water drinking mode. YDD got braces on her top teeth yesterday and now they're sore. :( Tylenol didn't help, either. So not sure if she's going to school today. We'll see I guess. Time to go get them up. :wave: hi everyone

Falon 05-19-2006 10:42 AM

Just a quick stop in ladies.

Candy - I wish your son's surgery all the success. As you are able, please keep us posted. With my own son's issues happening, your strength really is an inspiration to me. :hug:

Lots to do today, so I need off this contraption. Laundry is calling me and Andy and I finally have a date night tonight. Sushi and movie. :) We probably won't get another one until after vacation in July. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. The weather here will be nice, in the high 70's to low 80's, so we plan on enjoying it with a good, long bike ride on Sunday.

:hug:'s to you all.

hockeyfan7 05-19-2006 09:19 PM

Good evening ladies!

Why am I the only one posting in the May exercise thread? Come on ladies! I get tired of looking at my posts every day.

Need2Lose - ask your pharmacist -- there are some iron tablets out there that won't constipate you. I never had that problem -- iron gives me the runs.

Candy - I'm sorry to hear about your son. I hope that things go well and I will say a prayer for you (hope that doesn't offend anyone).

Brenda - my recovery time is only 48 hours, so I won't be gone long. You won't work out if I don't remind you (hee hee) :o :dizzy: ;) :hug: :^:

Falon - I hope your date goes well.

Candy - I'm having an endometrial ablation to remove my uterine lining and stop my periods. It's a 5 minute procedure -- it will take them longer to knock me out than it will to do it.

Jackie - Hi wherever you are! My husband got another ticket today -- this time for not coming to a complete stop at a red light before making a right-hand turn - $75. It's his 24th ticket in his lifetime. No wonder they wouldn't let him drive a train!

I hope everyone has a fun and exciting weekend!

M&Gmom 05-19-2006 09:26 PM

Hey everyone. Sounds like you are all very busy. I am too. I'm kinda getting out of my funk.

Been on plan, but haven't been exercising as much as I should. When I get out of this funk I know I will be back to 100% exercise.

Sending you all big :grouphug: