3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Weekly Chat/ 5/15-21 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/84357-weekly-chat-5-15-21-a.html)

lady_adnerb 05-18-2006 07:10 AM

Another busy day. If it rains it won't be busy, though. So far it's looking like it will be. So that means getting the kids ready for school and jumping right to everything. Why is it I can find the energy to mow the lawn or do errands but I can't find the urge to clean the house? UGH! Anyway, eating stunk last night so back at it today. Need to get my rump in gear again. My dad's having surgery (again) next week so I won't be here next Wednesday. Ok. Time's up--off I go for another merry-go-round day.
Have a great day everyone and remember the water :) (reminder to myself more than anyone) :wave:

BrownEyedJ 05-18-2006 11:43 AM

:wave: Everyone,
I jumped back on the wagon today, wasn't ready to do it yesterday so decided to wait until today to start induction again. I feel a lot more positive and I'm in the right mindset to do it this this time. This time I will succeed ! Hope eveyone is having a good day !

Janice (BrownEyedJ)

lilybelle 05-18-2006 01:32 PM

Welcome brownEyed, good job at getting back on program.

hockeyfan7 05-18-2006 01:56 PM

Hi Janice!

Well, my scale is not moving again. I can't wait for surgery next week and to get off this darn birth control pill. I'm pretty sure that the fact that this month's TOM has now lasted 33 days is causing no weight loss. I'm going to tell my surgeon that I expect a 10 lb drop when he's done -- he'll probably just laugh.

My rings aren't tight and my feet don't look swollen -- but it has to be a water retention problem. I'm drinking my 8-10 glasses a day. :(

Candy In Alabama 05-18-2006 07:46 PM

Hockeyfan,
Did i miss something...Why are you having surgery? Reminds me of me....

We got the results of my son's test's Tues. It will be surgery.... They are saying June 5th..... I haven't been posting here as much... I have been on the Weight loss and depression part of the forum...Not about my weight but, i needed help with everything that has been going on with my son and all.....I haven't forgot about you all... I love this board it can help us all in so many ways.....I hope everyone is doing good...I still read everyone's posts...I can't live without you guy's...:D ...:hug:
Candy

needtolose4me2 05-18-2006 07:55 PM

Hi all!
Well just as I expected, no weight loss this week.:( However on a brightnote, I did lose 3 inches! IT's funny, it seems to be one or the other.

Susan, Yes, I thought that my Iron may be low to. It's just that I'm battling constipation all the time. Adding an iron pill would probably put me over the edge.

Sandra. I love your new hair!

Hope evryone else is seeing a better weight loss than me this week.
(It figures, I went and joined in on the 4th of july callenge, I probably jinxed myself) ;)

maggie

lady_adnerb 05-19-2006 07:11 AM

Janice: Welcome back :)

lily: :wave:

Susan: I've heard that BCP can cause weight gain. Hope surgery goes well! Keep us posted when you feel up to it again! :hug:

Candy: Sorry to hear that your son has to have surgery. I hope all goes well there, also. And completely understandable about you needing support right now. Do what you have to :hug:

Maggie: I think I'd take the inches over the scale weight any day. WTG on the loss!!!

I ate good yesterday and got a glass more of water in. But still not enough. Just kind of coasting and finding a groove. Easing myself back into things. I know...excuses, excuses. Maybe this summer when things slow down I'll be able to find time for exercise. And get back into the water drinking mode. YDD got braces on her top teeth yesterday and now they're sore. :( Tylenol didn't help, either. So not sure if she's going to school today. We'll see I guess. Time to go get them up. :wave: hi everyone

Falon 05-19-2006 10:42 AM

Just a quick stop in ladies.

Candy - I wish your son's surgery all the success. As you are able, please keep us posted. With my own son's issues happening, your strength really is an inspiration to me. :hug:

Lots to do today, so I need off this contraption. Laundry is calling me and Andy and I finally have a date night tonight. Sushi and movie. :) We probably won't get another one until after vacation in July. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. The weather here will be nice, in the high 70's to low 80's, so we plan on enjoying it with a good, long bike ride on Sunday.

:hug:'s to you all.

hockeyfan7 05-19-2006 09:19 PM

Good evening ladies!

Why am I the only one posting in the May exercise thread? Come on ladies! I get tired of looking at my posts every day.

Need2Lose - ask your pharmacist -- there are some iron tablets out there that won't constipate you. I never had that problem -- iron gives me the runs.

Candy - I'm sorry to hear about your son. I hope that things go well and I will say a prayer for you (hope that doesn't offend anyone).

Brenda - my recovery time is only 48 hours, so I won't be gone long. You won't work out if I don't remind you (hee hee) :o :dizzy: ;) :hug: :^:

Falon - I hope your date goes well.

Candy - I'm having an endometrial ablation to remove my uterine lining and stop my periods. It's a 5 minute procedure -- it will take them longer to knock me out than it will to do it.

Jackie - Hi wherever you are! My husband got another ticket today -- this time for not coming to a complete stop at a red light before making a right-hand turn - $75. It's his 24th ticket in his lifetime. No wonder they wouldn't let him drive a train!

I hope everyone has a fun and exciting weekend!

M&Gmom 05-19-2006 09:26 PM

Hey everyone. Sounds like you are all very busy. I am too. I'm kinda getting out of my funk.

Been on plan, but haven't been exercising as much as I should. When I get out of this funk I know I will be back to 100% exercise.

Sending you all big :grouphug:

lady_adnerb 05-19-2006 11:58 PM

Falon: Hope your date was nice :)

Susan: Glad you won't be gone long. Wonder if what you're having done is what my sis had done. Hope all goes well :hug: And keep reminding me...one of these days I'll do "regular" exercise :)

Jackie: Glad you're getting over the funk!! :hug:

Well, I got some exercise tonight. If you count dancing. Well, my version of it :lol: The teens were actually trying to teach me. They just about busted gut. I'm not too coordinated so I can't get the arm movements to go with the leg stuff. Hilarious! But I was moving :)

Leenie 05-20-2006 08:12 AM

Ladies, I made your May exercise and challenges a sticky...... sorry its late.... give me a poke if I don't stick these things okay LOLOL !!!

nasus40 05-20-2006 09:03 AM

I am getting out of my slump too. yesterday I just got jhome from work and my boss and her dd1 came and kidnapped me and a friend and we went out for drinks and food and bowling and well I ate and drank and went way off plan but it was so needed I really had a great time!!

Susan I have been exercising but just not posting almost anywhere so do not feel alone I am out there. hopefully I will find more time.

Candy My heart and prayers out for you and your son,

Hi to all others I am just to mind bogeled right now that I can not think properly. Hope I can clear the fog and get my head on right.

hockeyfan7 05-22-2006 12:10 PM

Brenda, dancing is great exercise. Anything that makes you get off the couch and move is worth doing. Way to go!

Well, surgery is tomorrow morning. I better see a scale drop! Today is day 37 of this TOM. The hospital is making me drink Gatorade today which has 17 carbs in one glass and I have to drink a whole 32 oz bottle! Plus it's nasty. I'm cutting it with sparkling water, but it's still too sweet. Oh well, there goes ketosis for a while.