Old 03-21-2006, 04:23 PM   #1  
TemporaryFatChick

Default Hard core craving...

I've been struggling with it lately *sigh*. I have been completely cheat free for more than two months, and at the point where I really never gave sugar a thought, then it hit me. I'm having obsessive sugar thoughts, and it's all I can do not to stop at the bakery and eat everything in sight. I talked to a couple of LC friends, and one passed on this very interesting article:
http://www.healthandnutrition.co.uk/...depression.htm

Another gave me some questions to ask myself before I ate a cake:
Do you remind yourself of what happens when you let a tiny bit of sugar in?
Are you OK with it haulting your momentum for as many as 5 days?
Do you remind yourself that being the lightest you've been in your adult life will feel better than the momentary enjoyment of that sugary substance?
Do you think about how SICK you'll feel when you have to cleanse your system again, or just how much energy you maintain when you don't give in?
Saving the most important for last, how about the victory you have over Satan when you accept and use God's gift of freedom from the bondage of your addiction?

Just thought I'd pass this stuff along for when y'all hit a craving wall.

tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:49 PM   #2  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

And yet another piece of information you've shared that is priceless to me. I'm printing this one out as well, pretty soon I'll have an entire house wallpapered in wise quotes, sayings and ideas.

I never even thought of the last one, that is wonderful, I'm adding it to my fat book right now. THANK YOU!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:19 PM   #3  

Great info Tenn. I think Lacey has a great idea with printing it and putting it in her "fat book". I think I might do the same and actually start a "fat book". Thanks for posting it.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:41 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Wonderful I have been having craving like crazy especially when I get home. (i helped aleviate it today by eating a bunch of raw cabage)
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote