Old 02-13-2006, 09:04 AM   #1  

Cool Im new here

Hi.. My name is Tonya and I just started the low carb diet today
I thought if I cam eto this site and made some friends it would help me
not just to lose the weight to make some friends and see that maybe Im not the only one who is going thought this

Last edited by GOINGTOLOSETHISWEIGH; 02-13-2006 at 09:14 AM.
GOINGTOLOSETHISWEIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:12 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Tonya and
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hello, Tonya! I think you have a very good plan. This site is absolutely full of people in the same situation as you, ready to work together and share whatever tips and motivation they can. Good luck!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:20 AM   #4  

Default ONTHE FIRST 2 WEEKS OF THE LOWCARB SHOULD i DRINK NOTHING BUT WATER

I have a question..for the FIRST 2 WEEKS on the low carb diet should I be drinking nothing but water and eating just meats eggs and cheese for the first 2 weeks?
GOINGTOLOSETHISWEIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Tonya, I wouldn't go anywhere else. I've been struggling, and these ladies are AWESOME for motivation and ways to get back on track. Looks like you've got a good start (the 2 pound loss. WTG!!!)!!!
As for the water, I've found that I, personally, cannot lose weight if I drink soda or things like that. I believe others drink soda, coffee, etc. I think it depends on what works for you--and what you're willing to give up
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/185/129

Tonya welcome to a wonderful, supportive place.

Awesome job losing the 2 lbs.

I think if you just drink water that's good. I think plain seltzer water is great too. I just love the fizziness of it.
superstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:22 AM   #7  

Tonya - Welcome! This is a great place for support and friends. My advice on what you should be eating is for you to do a bit of research and pick one of the low carb plans to follow and then either buy the book (or check out from the library) or check out the website (most plans have them) for the phase 1 foods and amounts that are recommended. It is true that many people don't follow a specific low carb plan but if you are brand new to this way of eating, it is easier to have some guidelines. I don't want you to get discouraged and I want you to be eating healthy by eating your salads and veggies.

Good luck to you and stop by often!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGTOLOSETHISWEIGH
I have a question..for the FIRST 2 WEEKS on the low carb diet should I be drinking nothing but water and eating just meats eggs and cheese for the first 2 weeks?
um.....no! Did you read the book? Have you decided what plan you want to do? If its atkins, you need to read the book or check out the atkins website for how to do your induction phase properly.

Here is a good place to start... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37873

Last edited by RobinW; 02-13-2006 at 11:56 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #9  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Welcome Tonya and I agree with Robin, grab the Atkins book and read read read!!! There's sooooo much information regarding this way of life, otherwise you can hurt your body by not doing it the right way

You've definitely come to the right board, I just loooove everyone here and the inspiration and encouragement that they give me! Not a better board on the net

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/198/140

Welcome Tonya,i am new to this site too.Im not new to Atkins though.A few years ago i lost 120 pounds on Atkins,maintained it for almost 2 years.This past year i put back on 80 pounds and am now two weeks into losing this weight again,doing it the way that works best for me.Low carb.I have already lost 15 pounds in two weeks.

Personally,the only two things i drank when i lost my weight was water and tea,and im doing the same now.Drinking plenty of water is essential.I was NEVER a water drinker.But ive grown to love water and drink ALOT of it!It grows on you,and it helps alot with this wol.

I also agree about reading the book ive read it a couple times and each time i got more things out of it. It really helps alot to read it.

Good luck,you can do this.Im sure this site will be a great help to us both.~KIM
KimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:40 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

You know ladies...this is the 2nd time I've read this thread. And it's dawned on me that [U]I[U] need to re-read the book myself! Maybe THAT is what will click in my head and reinforce what I KNOW I'm supposed to be doing but can't quite get my hand on it. THANKS LADIES
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:07 PM   #12  
Susan hockeyfan7

I drink one diet soda a day in the mornings and then it's water for the rest of the day. I like the flavored fizzy waters too. Sometimes I will have a cup of tea or low carb hot chocolate when I'm really, really cold.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:26 PM   #13  
t1iffany

S/C/G: 202/202/140

Hello I'm starting the low carb diet again today, it's been a few years since I've done it. It's the only diet that works and that I can stick to. So I'm here looking for support, It makes it easier to have others dieting with you. So I'm here for support to give and to recieve. I check my weight once a week every friday, so maybe we can report to each other, and when we have bad days encourage each other. Well good Luck and I'm here if you need some encouragement.
t1iffany is offline   Reply With Quote