3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Weekly Chat Feb 6 - Feb 12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/75329-weekly-chat-feb-6-feb-12-a.html)

nasus40 02-06-2006 05:39 AM

Weekly Chat Feb 6 - Feb 12

Morning girls, and welcome coffee addict!! (Like I am not :blush: )

Got to run and exercise so I am just stopping in to say hi. I am in the middle of rebuilding my plumbing down in the basement and was at it for about 10 hours yesterday (that is what I get when DH is helping me) We have old lead pipes and well looking at them every joint even if is straight line the pipes all go in different direction. so try to match set in stone plastic to that OMG not good. and the worst part was that we did not even solv the issue I swore it was in this one juncture but I was wrong. it is a bit further down the line but not at the house trap. ....So back to the drawing board tonight I just hope and pray that it will be easy I can not stay up until MN for that.

beckamundo 02-06-2006 06:45 AM

Morning!!
THis weekend was a busy one w/crappy food. I knew it was gonna be because of my youngest 2 b-day parties on Sat. They and the guests seemed to have a good time though so that is always good. I'm feeling crappy though, can hardly talk. My thoart hurts so bad.

Sue~augh!!! plumbing probs are not fun. hope you can get it fixed and soon. good luck w/that.

i'll try and check back later today if i am feeling up to it. have a great & op day friends

lady_adnerb 02-06-2006 08:39 AM

Sue: Good luck w/figuring out the plumbing :)

Bec: Hope your throat feels better soon!

Well, I have no excuse for the way I ate this weekend. Could claim stress (which I had tons of). But basically it was an "I don't care" type weekend. I've GOT to stay off the scale!!! That one is my downfall! Maybe an every other week thing. And today I will be drinking my last soda's. I want to see what happens when I drink ONLY water (or maybe a bottle of that Diet Green Tea from Lipton). See if that'll flush those fat particles out of my body. AND I'm seriously going to try and get some exercise in. I'm not doing my body any good NOT exercising. And if nothing else, I'll clean the house--THAT would be exercise :lol: Going to be lazy yet today though. Recovering from a stressed meltdown yesterday (you know the kind. Where the nose is sore from blowing and the eyes are puffy and hard to see out of?). So giving myself today for soda and no exercise..but going to eat right :)

coffeeaddict 02-06-2006 08:42 AM

Thanks for all the support guys.I have found that I am not so much a coffee addict any more because without sugar in my coffee it just isn't the same and I don't drink it as much I think I have had 4 cups since I started this. I think I am also afraid of the crash that happens after the coffee wears off and that is when I get the sugar cravings. I am learning to anticipate them so I can dodge them I have never been able to do that before. I don't think I ever really understood that part of the diet as I am not the most organized person I don't make my meals or meal plans in advance. I am eating a little when I am not hungry so I don't go into starve stuff my face mode....Just knowing that I feel I can take this the long run and not just a couple of weeks like every time before....

Sue good luck with the plumbing my DH would't know lead pipes from PVC so you go girl....

Bec sorry to hear you are sick it is going around I don't look forward to having it but I know my turn is coming soon...

lady_adnerb 02-06-2006 08:48 AM

Wendy: WTG on keeping yourself eating even if you're not hungry! And sounds like you've got things under control :cb: Keep up the great work :)

beckamundo 02-06-2006 10:19 AM

Brenda~you can do it today!!! drink your water and get that exercise, do it for me because i just am not up to doing any of it right now. i'm hoping later i will. :)

Wendy~wow on the coffee. i do understand what you mean about not having the sugar & creamers in it, it isn't worth it. :)

RobinW 02-06-2006 10:58 AM

Good Morning :coffee:

Bec~ feel better soon.....take your vitamins, and drink your water, hopefully it wont last longer than it needs to!!

Brenda~ feel better too, I hope things are ok. :hug:

Sue~ I dont envy you....I dont have any patience for plumbing, here's to hoping you find what you need very quickly!!

Wendy~ sounds like your doing great, keep up the good work!

Im going to go to the gym today! :carrot: No....really I am :lol: I am going to get my eating back on track today too. Its been just too hard to eat properly the last 2 weeks....so its time to get back on track.

Summers comin' girls!! lets get beach ready!! :cb: :cb:

SherryA 02-06-2006 11:56 AM

eww plumbing problems. I have one under my kitchen sink. Something is leaking down there and my husband can't figure it out. The thing that REALLY frustrates me about it though is that my kitchen floor in front of the sink is now ruined. I put hardwood parquet tile in there just a few months ago and it looked wonderful. Now it looks awful again. And when I put it in before it was a repair job for the last time my kids made a big mess spilling water and not wiping it up while doing dishes. So when we get this fixed this will be the third time I've had to lay that section of flooring! I'm so frustrated by that.

The other thing I'm a bit frustrated with is the scale this morning. I SO wanted to see 248 today. All day yesterday up until dinner I weighed 249.5 I tried SO hard yesterday because I thought I was right on the edge of reaching my goal. I didn't eat much, I exercised twice and I had steak, salad and green beans for dinner. Then I even took a fiber laxative to try and make sure that I would have all my insides cleaned out for today.

This morning the scale is up by two pounds. GRRRR. Why is it that when you are really trying your hardest you get a gain rather than a loss? I know it will go away in a day or two, maybe even in a few hours, but it is still really irritating.

beckamundo 02-06-2006 12:46 PM

robin~ enjoy your time at the gym. you go girl!!

sherry~ i have found that stress adds to the scale for me. i weigh myself every day, but have really worked on not caring about the scale and what it says. i use it more as a guide to help me access each day what i am eating and how it is affecting my body. i'm sure the scale is gonna move for you this week!!!

EZLoper 02-06-2006 01:19 PM

Doing Better...

After being sick all last week I had to resort to Niquil. I was afraid it would knock everything out of whack, but so far so good. After my 2 weeks from not loosing (due to the amaretta sours) I finally started dropping, I am 1 lb from being 1/2 way to my goal. YEA !!! But I missed excersizing all week, so will start right back on that tonight. I hate looking for that last one little lb to disappear.

But I am very encouraged. Tried on some old jeans and they fit - comfortably even. So I am really pumped and ready to keep plugging away.

nasus40 02-06-2006 08:07 PM

Sherry I am no plumber but did you try to tighten the ring under the sink that holds the drain in?? I had a friend that had happened to and I looked under the sink and one good turn and no more leaks. Basically the sink will leak when there is water running down the drain area. if you look under the sink you will see a ring squashed under the sink around a pipe. that is the one I am talking about. if not then possibly an O ring around some of the pipes has twisted when putting them together. (can you tell I like to play and do my own work. I refuse to pay some one when I can do it my self.)

that worked until I set my house on fire rewiring the electric to the dryer. and well what a disaster.

PS Plumbing is working I can shower do my daily chore and flush!! and do the dishes.

EZ glad to see things falling off ;)

sherry fiber laxatives will bloat you and absorb water. no wonder you are up it is all retained water. Get Off the scale!! there is no way you ate 7000 calories right?? then you could not have gained 2 lbs in one day!! one gallon of water weighs 7 lbs!! so it does not take much to hide in your cells, legs, back, gut and gain 2 - 3 lbs in a day.

robyn how was the gym????

hockeyfan7 02-06-2006 10:16 PM

Wendy - where in Colorado are you? I'm in Denver and I'm freezing! My fingers are numb.

I don't make meal plans or even really meals either. Since we don't have kids, I don't have to worry about feeding anyone but the cats - my DH can fend for himself. I think that cat food is low carb -- but it reminds me too much of tuna -- yuck!!!

Sue, I've always heard if you can't fix it, kick it. I hope you get the plumbing fixed soon - that's no fun.

Bec, take care of yourself and feel better soon - chicken broth?

Well, time to go George Foreman a hamburger patty with cheese -- yum!

Tennessee 02-07-2006 08:31 AM

Good Tuesday morning everyone! So, who's sick of the cold and ready for Spring to get here? I've got February restless syndrome! I can't wait to Spring clean, work in the yard, and get out of hybernation mode.

Sherry, the scale is a evil torture device, back away! The girls here advised me to measure my body and use that for comparison because sometimes you loose inches w/o loosing pounds.

How was the gym Robin?

Tenn

RobinW 02-07-2006 10:38 AM

Good Morning :coffee:

Sherry~ put the scale away, and stay off it for at least a week! It makes you crazy and sabotages your efforts, like Tenn said, get the measuring tape out, and measure weekly instead to see your changes.

Tenn and Sue~ the gym was good....I had some troubles with the workout machines. The lb-adge isnt the same as my free weights I have at home. So I didnt get my structured workout in. Im going to have to come up with something, that is consistent. Even so, it was a good workout, cuz my arms are sore this morning. I did about 10 min on a bike, but it was a bit much still for my lungs. On the down side, I went at about 330, and there were WAY too many MEN!! I think going a bit earlier would be better for me.

Not much planned for today, got some baking for dh done last night, and I need to get some chicken cooked for the week. But other than that, its going to be a quiet day (so far)

Have a great day ladies :sunny:

bnbsmommy1 02-07-2006 11:45 AM

:wave:

What are you all planning on getting your loved ones for Valentines?? I'm planning on getting dh a basket full of snacks and candy and not sure what to get the girls. I want to make my 3 year old a stuffed elephant but can't find a pattern!!

Have an awesome day girls

Lacey