Old 01-18-2006, 02:18 PM   #1  
I can do this!!

S/C/G: 294/259.5/170

Height: 5'9.5

Default Personal Question....

I started induction on January 6, and was wondering if getting my period today would cause my weight loss to be slow, because of it. I've lost 8 pounds so far. I have been very strict on this diet, never going over 20g of carbs, and I also use my treadmill. And I drink only water and lots of it.
What do you think?

Thanks in advance
Tracy
casperally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:33 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

When TOM hits, I get bloated and don't show a lot of weight. But when it's gone, I show the loss. Also...don't always go by what the scale says..remember the fit of your clothes! And of course, if you bloat during TOM it's not going to be a TRUE indication of how you're doing. Just keep up the great work!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

When I did Atkins before - I'd go a couple of days weighing in at a pound or two more than usual and then after TOM there wuld be a "whoosh" of about 4 pounds - so it worked out in the end.

I've found that there is some Midol-type stuff (cheap store brand) that helps with bloating and that helped me not hang onto the water.
Morgaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #4  
I can do this!!

S/C/G: 294/259.5/170

Height: 5'9.5

Thanks again Brenda, your a great help!

Tracy
casperally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:40 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Please do not forget that as you are hitting the treadmill you are building muscle. so like the gals say watch the fit of your clothes, is your scale not moving and your fat is getting softer floppier more jiggly?? that is the shrinking of fat cells as you are losing fat but building muscle. muscle weighs 5 times more than fat. exmple

When I was not lifting weights i was 140 and still could not fit into 12's but when i was i was 169 and fit into 12 (tight) but still fit. so muscle is good it burns the fat helps keep your heart healthy, blood flowing sends you good hormones and all that stuff. so keep on walking and watch the clothes not the scale!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote