Old 01-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #1  

Default New here

Hi I am Christine and I am new to this site...so happy I found it though. Okay I did Atkins a few years back 3 months before finding out I was pregnant with my now almost 5 year old...I went from 170 to 140 and stayed that way for 3months.. for the past 5 years I have said "I really should do that again" I was sooo committed when I did Atkins last time...I loved to exercise.. and was feeling awesome...so anyway last january for my New Years Resolution I decided to "try" again...but I found out quickly I wasn't "ready" to do this.. guess I still wanted to be fat... lol So anyway I committed myself this year and said most of my misery in my life is due to the way I look... so on January 2nd (well ya know I had to enjoy the first day of the New Year..lol) I started Atkins... the 4th of January I started my exercising... I didn't do my actual first weigh in and measuring until the 9th of January so I have no idea what I lost from Jan 2nd until the 9th I was to afraid to look.. lol but anyway on the 9th I weighted in at 176... I did my first weekly weigh in yesterday and was 171...so I am happy with that and I am so committed this time.. I am loving my workouts.. I am only using the treadmill right now but 5-6x a week and I am mixing up the workout from just walking briskly to walk/jog.. so I am just loving it.. I am traking it (not sure if anyone else uses this it is great) www.mywalks.com and I keep them private but it is great for me to see on paper what my avg. speed it how far I have walked and what not...great for motivation. Okay I guess I have rambled enough I don't want to scare ya off.. lol I am sticking to approx 20 carbs/day and have been since the 2nd and will continue throughout this weight loss... that is what I did last time and loved it.. so anyway this is my story and I am happy to find a forum with others doing the same type thing...great to have support. Thanks
ChrisNeedsLessWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:16 PM   #2  
on my way down again

Hi Christine. It's nice to have you here. You're doing great! Hope you join in for chat on the weekly threads.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:18 PM   #3  

Thanks Sonny now I just have to find the weekly chat.. LOl Thanks for the welcome
Old 01-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Christine usually the weekly chat thread has the date of the week listed on it. If you still have a problem finding it, let us know We'll help you get there Sounds like you're on the right track and all pumped up! Nice!!! Keep up the great work and can't wait to get to know you
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:06 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #6  

Thank you Wendy and Brenda.. I am very happy to have found this place.. i did last week put the ticker in my email but I didn't realize there was a whole community here.. so I am very exciting... it is a bit hard to follow these "threads" (I am used to emails... but I am going to give it a try. Thanks so much again for the welcomes
Old 01-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #7  

Wendy.. where did I get that.. lOL I mean Robin.. sorry and thanks again
Old 01-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #8  
Taaa Daaa!

Welcome aboard! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote