Old 11-10-2005, 02:58 PM   #1  
TemporaryFatChick

Default They're torturing me!

Last weeks cake was bad, but now there's cooookieeeees!!!

There are a lot of things I like, but very few things as much as I LOVE the lemon cookies they make at a local sandwich shop here in town - they're so good that they sell more of them than they do sandwiches. I've been distracted since they arrived and my co-worker held the box under my nose saying "I know how much you love these". They're calling to me. I don't even see an emoticon that can express my angst.

Today is the first time I've seriously considered cheating. I think that there are more carbs in one cookie than I eat in two days. I know that once I'm away from them I won't think of them anymore. I know that I don't REALLY want to eat one. I know I don't want to undo all the good I've done. I know I'm being unreasonable, but I'm really pissed off that they are bringing sweets into the office when I'm trying so hard to lose weight. Yeah, I know it's not all about me, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm mad .
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #2  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

when similar things happen to me and someone INSISTS that I have a cookie and makes a big production about it I take one of whatever it is and either give it to another person that's hanging around or walk directly to the trash and ditch it.

You don't need that nasty cookie, let everyone else get fat by eating them! Reward yourself with something else (tanning, undies, new makeup) instead, as soon as possible

You CAN resist!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:08 PM   #3  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi! Stay strong girlfriend! Take the Nancy Reagan approach and "Just Say No" ! Good luck.

p.s. Beat up that co-worker
GeorgiePorgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:19 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Tenn, just look at them and say "no thanks" or just tell them your tastes have changed. Or else tell them they're being insensitive and mean in bringing them too you when they know you're trying to lose weight. Or tell them if you had wanted one you'd get one--or that you'll get one later. Good job resisting so far!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

These ppl always amaze me!!! I had a gf who was an alcoholic, she was 13 yrs sober, and I never offered her a drink when she finally told me. BUT....she knew the trouble I had with sugar, and even when I told her I was being good, she would insist, or bring baked goods her mother made and then threatened to tell her mom I wouldnt eat it!

So....the only advice I can give, is to say "no thankyou".....and if they get insistent, ask them...."would you taunt an alcoholic like this with a drink? NO? then dont do it to me!" Its basically the same idea, we have problems with food, unfortunately we cant quit eating.

Aside from that, I think we could all take her!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #6  
TemporaryFatChick

"Oh go ahead" said Ms. Twig, "one's not going to hurt you".

I replied, "if I could eat just one I wouldn't weigh almost 300 pounds!" You should have seen the shock on her face as she said, "you do not weigh that much!"

"Actually yes, I do weigh that much, I'm morbidly obese and I need to get some of this weight off before it destroys my health."

She said, "Oh" took the box of cookies and walked away.

I know my co-workers don't hate me, they are just thin and don't get it. *sigh* I need to get out of here, go for a walk, and have a little chat w/God about my attitude.

Thanks for understanding and being on my side, it means a lot

Tenn

*eye roll*
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:00 PM   #7  

I know how you feel! My cousin just brought home cookies and brownies the other day because now he gets free food from work EVERY DAY! So I am seeing big subs come in, pizza, candy..everything. It makes me sick I wanted it so so bad. If you really are worried, buy a low carb desert product so you can eat that instead. I heard cheesecake is acceptable on this diet.
firestrip33 is offline   Reply With Quote