Old 08-02-2005, 08:50 PM   #1  

Question ketosis

Okay ..day #6 on Adkin's been in ketosis since day 3. My hubby and I eat all the same foods. I have fallen outta ketosis and he is still in it. Can somebody help me figure this out?? The only real difference is I drink more water than he does. I would think I would be farther in ketosis since I pee so much more?? Is there any reason why I would have fallen out of ketosis ( like women hormones etc) I did try another ketostik I know some are defective. 2 have said not even a trace of it!!
tamemejamie1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:43 PM   #2  
The one called Physh

Default Not an expert . . .

Hi Tame,
I am not an expert, but can think of two possibilities. First, men tend to have more muscle mass which lends itself to a higher metabolism which equates to faster fat break-down. Second, if you are drinking lots of water, your urine is diluted which would mean your keto stick would read much lighter. I would definately keep up the water, but only do the urine check first thing in the morning when it is most concentrated. I hope this helps
1nceagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:17 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

I never used the keto sticks. If you're doing everything right then you'll lose weight. Skip the sticks for a while and keep on doing what you're doing. Keep up the great work
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:08 AM   #4  

Thank you ! I weighed in this morning at 220.8. I have lost 9.2 pounds since last Thurs. My hubby has lost 2 pounds. So, I do not think we can depend on the ketostix .
tamemejamie1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 239.5/239.5/190

Height: 6.2

You go girl! GREAT JOB!

I lost a ton of weight last summer doing Atkins, I gave in to all the skeptics telling me I was gonna die of a heart attack.. well.. I am bigger now then I was when I started last summer.. I just restarted again.. so.. I am off to the hottie races!!! he he he! Just don't loose faith... Keep up the great work!

Brandy
corn-fed fron Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:42 PM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Great job on the weight loss!

Welcome, Brandy! It just blows my mind that people think eating protein and vegetables is bad for you... I guess people assume we'd be healthier if we ate white flour and sugar. Oh, well. I'm sticking to Atkins. I'm healthier, and it's what works for me!

Hope to see you both around the boards.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:53 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Brandy, I agree with Jina. Whenever someone talks about how bad Atkins is...I just ask them how healthy being fat is. That pretty much shuts them up
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 239.5/239.5/190

Height: 6.2

Talking

NoW, That Is A Good Slam! I Will Keep That Baby In My Pocket And Throw It Out The Next Time Someone Seems To Think What I Put In My Body Is Thier Business.. Thanks! I Already Like This Place...
corn-fed fron Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #9  

I am doing the Core program in Weight watchers and it is very similar to Aitkens. I can eat any lean meat, any veggies, fruit, brown rice....I can also eat as much as I want as long as I am not stuffed. I like it alot because I dont have to count any points unless I want to use my 35 points that I get weekly. It is great. Good luck yall with Aitkens. If yall get bored with it then try Core!
resslmf is offline   Reply With Quote