Old 07-25-2005, 01:25 PM   #1  

Default Worried about later....advice please?

Hi everyone. I'm doing Atkins induction right now as a vegetarian... I eat fish so it hasn't been tooo hard, but I'm really wondering what I'm going to do when I go back to college. I realize its going to be soooo much harder, and I was wondering how I can continue to do lowcarb there.

I'm OK for breakfast and lunch, but for dinner my only option is going to be a salad, and I KNOW thats not going to cut it for an entire year.

So, do you think I'll be able to get away with eating more once I lose the weight this summer...

Can I maintain eating the bars, shakes, nuts, peanut butter, etc? I don't know what else to do as I won't have a kitchen. Sorry for rambling on so long. Any advice is appreciated. Have a happy day!
UnCafeCvooPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Atkins as a vegetarian is pretty hard. Probably the easiest low carb plan to follow as a vegetarian is the schwarzbein principle. you might want to pick up a copy at the bookstore.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

I'm sorry, I can't help. I'm not a vegetarian so am unsure exactly what you eat. For instance....eggs? Cheese? Maybe go to a low carb bread and see if you can still lose weight while eating that...then you can add those 2 things (if you eat them) for sandwiches. Or w/some peanut butter. Once again, sorry I can't help!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:38 AM   #4  

Well I eat eggs, cheese, and fish, so basically I'm just wondering how well I'll be able to maintain eating low carb "frankenfoods", nuts, peanut butter, lc bread, (and quite frankly, lots of alcohol..haha..). Anyone know? I guess I might just have to see for myself, but I'm just scared I won't be able to continue eating lc when I go back to school because I won't be able to cook for myself.
UnCafeCvooPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:32 PM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

You might just have to experiment. Try eating those things and see how you do. If you're not losing weight, adjust some things. I know some people have problems losing weight while eating "frakenfoods." Try to stick to natural foods as much as you can -- veggies, cheese, nuts, eggs -- and, only use the "frankenfoods" if you're in a crunch. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Good luck!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote