Old 07-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #1  

Default what is missing from my menu?

I am starving all the time at the start of induction I had to force myself to eat now I am hungry every thirty minutes-hour what is going on?
B-8:30 baked tilapia with butter and lemon pepper
s-10am slice of cheese
lunch-two cups of salad with carbwell ranch dressing two turkey burgers
s-chocolate atkins shake 6 pieces of pepperoni
I was still starving so I just ate three scrambled eggs and 20 minutes later I am still starving. I have tried drinking 20oz of water everytime I get hungry to see if I am just thirsty but it seems to increase my appetite even more so far today I have drank 80oz and I dont know what else to do why am I so hungry.
I have been exercising the same for the past week this unsatiable(sp?) hunger just started today.
So please give me insight, advice or criticism, anything to help me! TIA
mom2nicolenmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:14 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

is it getting close to that time of the month? I get crazy hungry when its that time. Maybe your burning up more calories than you are taking in. Add up your calories and see if you are eating at least 1200 a day. Maybe add more fat and protein to your diet. You may also want to stay away from artificial sweeteners, sometimes this will trigger hunger.

Just a few thoughts
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:43 PM   #3  

not sure when that time of month is I am still having post-partum bleeding from childbirth a month ago so I would have no idea but I do think adding shakes and bars into my menu is what started it so I am just gonna have to quit those cold turkey. I have no clue how to use fitday so I havent ever calculated anything but carb intake, why does eating healthy and exercising have to be so complicated?? so many factors ah! So many people say to try to eat 5 meals a day what classifies as a meal?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

are you nursing???? This will make you very hungry too!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:59 PM   #5  

no bottle feeding
Old 07-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #6  

do you use fitday? if so would you do me a favor and put my menu in and total the cals fat protein and carbs for me.. I have tried countless times to use it but I still cant figure it out
Old 07-06-2005, 09:12 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Not sure what Tilapia is...but where's the beef? Sorry, couldn't resist. Try adding more protein and you're right....drop the shakes and bars. And try not to count how much veggies you eat. If you're hungry eat a couple sticks of celery (or the whole stalk ) .
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #8  

I only eat hamburger seldomly I eat alot of chicken usually. The bars and shakes are history! thanks
Old 07-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I was just gonna say, watch the bars and shakes, they could be the culprit.
Are you drinking lots of water ?
Maybe you need to eat more, are you exercising ?
I would say listen to your body and well, experiment. This also happened to me, I got hungrier and hungrier with every pound I lost (I'm not following atkins anymore sorry).

Brenda Tiliapa is Fish, its sooooooooooo good !!!! its one of my fav's along with orange roughy.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #10  

Yeah although I am still losing weight the bars and shakes have brought back my cravings so I am finished with them! I drink 100 oz a day of water and nothing else no diet sodas or tea or anything just water. I exercise everyday different things right now I am doing aerobic striptease and pilates cardio videos. about 45minutes a day I know its definitely the shakes and bars because today is my first day without them and my appetite is already suppressed.