Old 06-24-2005, 10:24 AM   #1  
karrier

S/C/G: 265/239/130

Height: 5'3"

Exclamation I am going on vacation HELP

I am leaving (on a jet plane) on Sunday and will be in L.A. on Monday. That begins a month long vacation (most of which I hope will be low carb). Chicago is next then Orlando then Greenville SC.
Can someone out there give me some good LC places to eat in all cities as we will be eating out every day. I know I can make most menu choices better but I have heard that there are some restaurant chains that are LC friendly. When I was there 4 yrs ago (1st time doing Atkins) I found it really difficult to get some places to make even the slightest changes.
I want to come back slimmer.

karrier
karrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #2  

what kind of restaurants are you most likely going to be eating at fast food fancy or casual? I know cracker barrel has a lc menu (I live in SC so I can only say what is in my state) um basically the general thing to remember is no breads pastas prepared salads with dressing if you want to be safe just order seafood or grilled chicken, steak hamburger w/out bun etc with approved veggies. eating out on Atkins is very easy because meat and veggies are everywhere that there is food....stay focused restrain yourself from not cheating remember your goals and that is sooooo worth keeping loyal to this WOE! have fun and hope this helped some!
mom2nicolenmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:01 AM   #3  
karrier

S/C/G: 265/239/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Thanks

Cracker Barrel sounds great.

Thanks
karrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:28 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Sorry, I can't help with any of those. I have a problem with eating out myself. Can't seem to get low carb when I do.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:16 AM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Well, you've always got salads and meat and vegetables. Chicken wings are a good option -- just make sure they're not breaded. Try and avoid the bread basket or chips and salsa some restaurants bring out. That's usually the toughest part for me because I'm hungry when I get to the restaurant.

I live in Florida and travel to Orlando for work occassionally, and I never have a problem finding a way to stay OP there. Have a great trip!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote