Old 04-01-2005, 03:53 AM   #1  

Question Help? :(

Hi everyone I'm new here and new to Atkins. I haven't actually started it, though. I plan to on the 8th when we go grocery shopping. I'm a 21 year old SAHM to an active 13 month old little girl. I currently weigh 205 lbs and would like to get down to 140 or 150. Heck, anything below 180 would suit me just fine!

I was reading the boards and atkins.com about the induction phase. I need help badly! I am having such a hard time making a two week menu. I have a 13 month old daughter so I hardly have the time to prepare food. I hardly even have the time right now to type this! haha

I know this is a lot to ask, but could anyone please give me a sample menu of a breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack that requires little time to make?

Thank you so much!
popitart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:12 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Hot dogs are one of my favorite fast foods. Or my DH and I eat a lot of Brakebush fiesta fingers. Or throw a couple chicken breasts in the oven. Make sure to eat your veggies and drink your water!! I'm not much for variety so if nobody else comes in to help (it's been slow around here) you might want to check out the recipe section. Or even the past posts for menu's (forgot the exact name). Food something for the week.
Welcome and good luck
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:14 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

This is a link to one of the threads I was talking about. They tell what they eat. Maybe could give you more ideas?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52400
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:24 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

My breakfasts were:

Coffee w/splenda & cream
Hard boiled eggs (easy and fast to prepare a head of time)
Slice of cheese
Egg Omlets w/left over meats from night b/4

Lunch:
tuna, ckn
salads w/blue cheese dressing or cesars, olives, egg, tuna, lc meats

Dinners:
Any meat
Veggies on atkins list

Snacks were: ckn, tky, deviled eggs, turkey pepperoni, turkey bacon YUM, celery w/cream cheese,

Bottom line, just make sure you count ALL carbs, including your spenda packets, and coffee, cream, and watch b/c most deli meats have carbs. Look for the ones that don't.

GOOD LUCK
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #5  
on my way down again

Welcome to the Atkins group Popitart!

I just make sure I have enough meats and cheeses and the other allowed foods on hand. Cooking up a big batch of chicken is nice for those busy times you don't have time. Then reheat or eat cold. Make sure your seanonings and sauces do not have sugar hidden in them. There is a conentrated tomato paste in a tube you can bu so you won't have to waste an entire can to make a little.

Omlettes can be made quick for any meal or snack when you have the ingredients prepared in advance and kept in seprate containers in the refridgerator. That way, when you are planning your day's carbs, you can adjust what goes in with the egg and cheese.

The same can be done with salads. Have your no or low carb items on hand and adjust the amount of your lettuce to your daily plan. I know my days vary depending on what i'm doing and how much time I have to cook.

Last edited by Sonnet; 04-02-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote