Old 02-03-2005, 03:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Slower the 2nd time around.......

This is my 2nd try at Atkins. The first time the weight melted off the first month, easily. Not so fast this time. I was doing a little research and found this article.
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/goldenshot.html

Anyone else having a harder time with the re-induction?
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:14 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

I hadn't gone completely off Atkins. gained 9 pounds of what I had lost (mainly over the holidays)....but I, too am finding it's not "melting off". My own fault I realise for not taking this truly serious. I believe I'll listen when the writer says "there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and success is still waiting for you. There are just more curves in the road on the way." So I'm just going to be a little more curvy. So what else is new? After all, I'm a "middle aged" (?I think) woman with 2 kids. Isn't that normal????
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #3  

I am in the same boat with Brenda, and it sucks! I've decided to focus on exercise along with keeping my carbs in check. It appears to be the only thing that's helping me. The scale wasn't moving at all, just staying within the 20 carbs per day, but now that I'm running again, I've been able to take off 5 of the 10 I gained over the holidays.

Hang in there! Sometimes you just have to get creative. It's not easy, but we'll get there with a lot of perseverence!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:12 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

I had a horrible time with re-induction, I was on strict induction for over a week and didn't even loose a pound....sucks!

Thanks for the article!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:06 PM   #5  
thin within

there is a lot of truth in that article. it was fast only during the first time for me too.
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 01:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/145/136

Height: 5' 6"

Question Discouraging

After losing so well for so long and then stalling out for months, this has become the 2nd time around. It is VERY discouraging. It is coming off SO slow as to be nothing. The stall of many months makes a "Goal" look like an impossibility. (No, it's not an unrealistic goal, I'm 5'7".)

I'm tracking carbs at 20 & calories at 1200-1300. I work out with sweating cardio and tough weight machine levels to build muscle. I do not cheat. I've been all over the message boards and have given up all the possible culprits: nuts, cheese, artificial sweeteners, tried carbing up (zero weight loss after 3 weeks), etc, etc, etc. Viewing the low carb approach as the "logical" diet, it is nearly impossible for me to see how increasing starch & sugar percentages will change things for the better. So, I focus on increasing metabolism with supplements, cardio and muscle.

My question is... is the goal attainable or do we just hear from the few who reached it ont he 1st time around? Is there another mechanism whereby the 2nd time around must be approached in a very different manner and most importantly, what is that approach?

Last edited by Lisa LeapYear; 02-17-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Lisa LeapYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Lisa: I'm beginning to believe the article when it says you CAN lose weight the 2nd time around but to be prepared that it will be VERY slow. I'm not sure how the increase in exercise vs. food goes in this because I'm a lazy slug and don't exercise much. Anyway, I guess what keeps me going on low carb is....I may not be losing..but at least I'm not gaining what I lost to begin with. And THIS is the only WOE that has helped me lose the weight to begin with. It's somewhat working for me. Yes, I give in to temptation once in a while now. But heck, I'm human. I'm no longer stepping on scales or judging myself. Maybe I'm where I'm supposed to be...maybe there's more weight that will come off. I know that's probably not helping. But what I'm trying to say is. Maybe because it IS the 2nd time around we need to re-look at things and realise it's GOING to be slower. And adjust our expectations. JMO though.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 03:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

The "free" day I took last month ended up being the week I lost the most weight. Maybe we just need a jumpstart once in a while?
When I was on WW, we would eat at the higher end of our points to break a stall. I will have another free day on the 28th and will be monitoring. Kind of a fun experiment.
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote