Old 12-03-2004, 01:01 AM   #1  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Post Friday Chat 12/3

Yep here I am !! Still awake at 1 am !! I am going to lay down to see if I can fall asleep !!

Brenda you are funny !!

I'll be back later everyone !!

G'day & stay OP !!
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:14 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Morning everyone!

Thanks to some much-needed encouragement from Brenda, I'm back!

To everyone who remembers me -- I've thought of you often over the past several months and miss you all dearly. I'm looking forward to catching up and to leaning on your shoulders again as I try to get back on track and take off the weight I put on during my illness.

To everyone I haven't met -- I can't wait to get to know all of you!

Well, I'm planning on today being my first "real" day back on track, back in the swing of things, back on plan, etc. Wish me luck and I'll check in with everyone a bit later. Gotta start getting ready for work and psyching myself up for a good day!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:30 AM   #3  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Hello again ladies !!

Just telling everyone to have a great OP day today !!

Paula welcome back !! When first getting OP I'm sure you know its tough at first. The first time I went OP I just couldnt go 2 days without cheating or going over 20 grams of carbs. Now thank God I got past that & I am on day 4 with no cheating & no cravings. Please feel free to post & let us support you along the way !!

I will check back in later.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:07 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Dawn: OMG I'd be a zombie if I was still up at 1:00....unless I could sleep in but w/2 kids, a dog and 2 cats it's not possible have a great day!!

Paula: Welcome back You didn't need much encouragement you were well on your way! You're going to do great!!! You know where to find me

Well, youngest decided she's well enough to go to Madison. So now I have to figure out how to last 2 1/2 hours w/out peeing!!! THIS is why I don't go on road trips! And of course I have to go to Wal-Mart first to get batteries. Camera cannot run w/out it ya know! So if she's well enough to go to Madison and if I still have the strength I want to go bowling tonight. OH!! I should count the meeting we learned line dancing and the last meeting (Girl Scout of course) that we learned to waltz as trek miles! Plus today of course Hope you all have a GREAT day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:10 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

OHH!!!!! Forgot to tell you all...my scale said what my siggie does!! WOOHOO!!!!! I'm hoping this means I'm well on my way to going DOWN in the weight class. But I'll take it a pound at a time
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:23 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Dawn: I tend to usually be up at 1 a.m., too. I'm a definite night owl. And, I'm 26 like you!

Paula: Welcome back! I'm so glad you're back!

Brenda: Congrats on the weight loss! Good luck on the road trip.

Well, Day 4 OP for me! Now comes the tricky part, the weekend. I know I'll make it through, but there is definitely more temptation. I've made a pact with myself to not drink any alcohol, either. My judgment and willpower goes out the window when I drink the stuff!

Well, hope you all have a great Friday and a great weekend!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:48 AM   #7  

BRENDA - Great for you, you are headed in the right direction.

I am happy to say I am getting back to my regular weight, and being back on Atkins for just a couple of days, I feel so much better, no headaches and sleeping better. Quiet weekend ahead, mostly errands which I am going to try to start on this afternoon. I can also clean the house before meeting the school bus. I have such a better day when I start at the gym.

Did have one funny thing happen though, forgot to buy milk last night for the DD's breakfast, so I drove over on the way home from the gym, the store is gone, shelves gone, empty building, I was just found this so funny, I was still laughing when I got home. DD ate dry cold cereal and was just as happy.

Have a great day and plan the heck out of the weekend, success is ours.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:41 PM   #8  
Somethin's gotta give

WOOT! my heater is fixed and Im back in studio!
(unfortunately, the drains went so long without having water run in them that the paint in them went rancid and now it smells like a dead body in here)

Dawn- I do the 'If I go to sleep RIGHT now....I'll get X hours of sleep"...and I usally end up doing it all night

Paula- it really is about "getting on a roll" isnt it....

Brenda-When DH and I were in Europe we'd go 3 hours without a bathroom....talk about mental mind tricks!
Jina-Same with me...a couple shots of vodka and Im off to the races!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 04:50 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone !!

Sorry, I have been MIA... I'm so busy at work.

Nothin much new here, my boss is forever keeping me busy, like every second. I think he'll be good for the department.

Today we had 1/2 a day at work... it was our christmas party and we went to the cheese cake factory.... oh yeah !! well get this, we're not allowed alcohol b/c of the price so my new boss bought out of his pocket a round of drinks for about 50 people, now mind you all, the drinks are $8.50 if not more there... I had this drink called the something "gorilla" it was bananna liquor with chocolate, ice cream and whipped cream OMG WAS IT GOOD !!! I only drank 1/2 b/c alcohol makes my tummy hurt. Then I had the cajun ckn littles for lunch only ate 1/2 b/c portions are HUGE and I took my desert home for my DD and DH to share, I got Lindas' chocolate cake, the slice is HUGE. Then we got to go home after lunch was over (2 pm). So thats why my A.M. was so busy. NAH NAH!!!

I will catch up tomorrow with you all

I MISS YOU !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:20 PM   #10  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Wink Hello for the third time !! hehe

Am I driving you nuts yet ?

Brenda: I wasnt a zombie. It was a little harder for me to wake up, but I still woke up & worked all day no problem. I groom dogs for a living & today I did 2 shelter dogs from the local shelter for free. They were matted so bad it took me an hour each to shave. And I didnt feel tired at all. I prefer to stay up late at night, but work gets in the way. Maybe when I marry I will stay home so I can stay up !! Btw way to go on the lost weight !! I am to afraid to weight myself.

Oh one other thing Brenda, like you I have a multi pet household as well. I have 9 bunnies, 5 rats, a dog & a cat. I do foster work so most of them are fosters but when I wake up they think I am waking up just for them ! They act like I never feed them when I go to give them breakfast !!

Jina: Well if your ever up late & want to chit chat feel free to IM me on yahoo or send me a message & Ill send you my email address. Sometimes when I'm up late its bc of a game I am playing. I am addicted to PC games like the Sims, & Zoo Tycoon. I know I am 26, but hey I can still play like a kid & have fun !! I am also hooked on Nintendo Game Cube Mario !! hehe Me & you are also on the same day for being OP. Neat huh ?

Marie: I do the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame thing. However, it still doesnt stop me. I just tell myself I will sleep in on my day off to make up for my late nights.

Okay I chatted enough !! See you all tomorrow !! I will be back to read messages but not to write anymore !! I think you have had enough of me today !!