Old 10-30-2004, 08:36 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Halloweenie Weekend Chat - Booooooo!

Good Morning <-- how cute

Yeah its Saturday. Today is trick or treating at the mall w/the kiddies Its a wet rainy morning, hope it clears up.

Happy Halloweenie............................ Don't forget tonight is cabbage / goosey night, aka mischief night.

Off for my coffee

DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK TONIGHT !

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:01 AM   #2  
Somethin's gotta give

Whooo-hoo! first one here!

Hey Leenie-hope that goes well, i wont have my little one back until halloween night, but her costume is waiting for her

Well, the cheer costume went fine but putting one of those on at 44 sends a very clear message that I will NEVER be young again...kept trying to figure out why it didnt look right- then it hit me, because an old lady had it on

But I got a nice treat when I woke up this morning- finally got the nerve up to weigh in after about 3 weeks....and I'd lost 6 more pounds!now I'll be afraid to step on for 3 more weeks for fear of gaining it back!

Everyone have a great OP day!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:19 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Marie 6 POUNDS !!

WAY TO GO LADY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2004, 09:42 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Have fun Trick or Treating!! They're having that in town today. But in our "area" in this little suburb type place it's usually on Halloween Night. Not sure if they changed it due to being on Sunday. Doubt it. So I'll have ghosties and ghoulies ringing my bell for 3 or more hours tomorrow. I think I'll turn the lights out and not answer the door

Marie: OMG 6 pounds!!! How fantastic for you!!! You cheer away those pounds? Keep up the excellent work and that is just AWESOME!!!

Ok. Had a stern talk with myself last night. I can't keep doing this to myself. It's one thing to "let go" for a day. But for....well, lost count now of my carb fest days. If I don't want to be where I started I've got to nip the carbs before they hit my butt NOW. Decided Monday is my re-start date. I'm going to do my to be OP. Then when DD's birthday comes up I'm going to take that day when it gets here. If I'm OP then great. If not then it's ok, but I WILL get back on track the next day!! Same with other holidays!!! Did I mention my anniversary in there? I've got to get this in check!! I want to thank all who gave me encouragement and support. I really WON'T be able to do this w/out you!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 12:47 PM   #5  
Head Princess

Hi Leenie!!!!

Marie - 6 pounds is fabulous! Did you take pics of the costume? I want to see!!!!!

Brenda - You really can do this. There's a quote somewhere that goes something like 'One of our greatest mistakes is trading what we want most for what we want now.' I try to keep that in mind when I'm having a hard time. What do you want the most and is what you're about to put in your mouth right now worth it? Sometimes taking it day by day isn't enough. We have to take it moment by moment.

Today I'm taking a friend shopping for her costume. Since I'm being a dark fairy, she's thinking about getting a little white dress and white wings and being my opposite. It should be fun!

Then last night, one of my friends who's home on leave decided that he wants to go get his nipples pierced today (I know, Yikes!!!) So if he still wants to do it today, I'm going with him so I can see what that looks like. Never would I want to do it myself, but it would be fun to see.

Tonight is the costume party so I'll try and get a pic or two of me to post so you guys can see just how brave I've suddenly gotten. Have a great day everyone!!!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 02:52 PM   #6  
Somethin's gotta give

The nipple thing is weird...I used to work during the summer as a tattoo artist in hollywood...the people I saw come back most often with infections were the nipple, belly and ...er.......cootchie ( sorry) piercings. because stuff rubs on them all the time and people dont understand the signs of infection. My friend Mike had his nipple pierced and it took him 2 YEARS to get it straightened out...Don't know about you ladies but I have my nose and tongue done (also 4 in each ear and 4 tattooes....goes with the territory) and it is really a chore to get those facial ones stable....I worry about all the stuff he has to carry rubbing on that...hopefully if he sees its getting infected he will take it out before theres any permanent scarring.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:32 PM   #7  
Head Princess

I'm not real big on the piercing thing. I've got 2 in each ear and one in my tongue. That's enough for me! I've also got 2 tattoos and 3 more planned. It's addicting!
Old 10-30-2004, 07:46 PM   #8  
Somethin's gotta give

it IS addictive isnt it! I got my first one when Kelsey was going through Chemo- she lost all her hair and after awhile all she had was 3 eyelashes on each eyelid... and she looked JUST like tweety...so I got a tweety baby on my inner left ankle...when she went into remission I got a toddler tweety on the outer left ankle...when she died I got a little sitting fairy (angel) on my outer right ankle...and a have a BIG tinkerbell in the middle of my back...the exact same one as in my sig. Im having the itch to get another one now....my ex came home on valentines day with my name tattooed on his bicep ( I nearly killed him for that one...wonder what his new wife thinks of it?) and I said I would NEVER get a name tattooed on me....but these days im wanting to do something for Dale......a name is not quite within my reach though...what do you have planned?
Old 10-30-2004, 11:06 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

I have my ears pierced- 5 in the right ear 6 in the left. Had to let the 6th one close because it wouldn't heal. I have 2 tattoos. DH's name on my forearm and a unicorn on my bicep. Took me a year to figure out where I wanted the next tattoo...and 2 to figure out the design. It's going to be a "bracelet" on my right wrist. Now I've got to get the $$ and find a reputable place to get it done around here.
Marie--sweet way to remember (not that a reminder is necessary--but it's sweet!) if you know what I mean. *hugs*
Old 10-31-2004, 06:55 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Happy Halloween

Geee tattoo's. I'm an old fashion fart. I only have two earings in each ear. Thats it. I'm not crazy for tattoo's on myself but I love to see what others have. I saw a woman the other day with a scorpion on the back of her neck by her hairline. She was a waitress in a Diner....egads LOLOLOL !!!! My BIL has a gazillion, but they are fun ones, like bart simpson, micky, a beautiful amazon parrot where as my nipple piercing nephew has skulls and icky stuff like that. To each his own huh

Have a wonderful day chicklets and enjoy the parties.

HUGS !!
Old 10-31-2004, 08:40 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

Oh, we're going to discuss family? Every one of my sisters and BILs (THEIR husbands, not my OTHER BIL) have at least one. I have a nephew that has his nipples & ears pierced (that's all I know--don't really want info on anything else!!) and tons of tattoos. Other nephew just got his tongue pierced--not sure why cuz he's not the "tongue pierced" looking type of person. We have to run and pick up oldests glasses (and my lenses) because they came in yesterday. Didn't know it cuz we weren't home----so now she's all hot to go get them and is bugging us. "When we leaving" and such.

Happy Halloween!!! Tonight is t-o-t around this area. So we'll see how long the candy hangs around. I'm not planning on buying more and one container full should be more than plenty (there's not THAT many kids that live in this area so it should be enough!)
Old 10-31-2004, 05:09 PM   #12  
Head Princess

Marie - DH and I wanted to do something for each other, but have a no name policy as well, so we had a tattoo designed for us. It's kindof a tribalized infinity symbol. His favorite color is blue and mine is red so our wedding color was purple. So the colors in the infinity sign go from red into purple into blue into purple, etc. I got it tattooed on my left shoulder and he got it on his right ankle. Just an idea.

The halloween party last night was fun! I didn't get to see any nipple piercing, but I may get to see something even more interesting before the week's up. This friend of mine has a prince albert (if you don't know what it is, I'm not telling!) Well, he want's to go get 4 more piercings in the general vacinity and said I could go watch if I wanted to. I checked with DH and he said to go for it if I wanted to. Eek! That would be something to see! I'll let you know.

I got to see my 'Puppy' today for the first time since he left. He got a web cam set up finally. That was so great! I'm so ready for him to come home, but that's a ways off yet, so I'll settle for seeing him online.

Here's my halloween costume - I'm the bad fairy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GoodFairyBadFairy1.jpg (17.8 KB, 56 views)
Old 11-01-2004, 05:46 PM   #13  
Movin' and Losin'

Star: You look fabulous -- great costume!!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote