Old 10-03-2004, 08:14 AM   #16  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Sunday Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammasita
Does anyone here use ketostrips on a regular basis? If so, do you find that the "purpler" your strip is - is directly related to how many pounds will come off?
Mammasita, the darker the strips, the more likely you are dehydrated. The shade really doesn't determine how much you will lose....at least thats what I've been told I tried them but didn't use to much of them b/c they are costly $$$$

Barbie, I know exactly how you feel about losing alot and regaining. I lost 150 lbs and regained 100 of them its a total spirit crusher for sure. But you know what they say..... we can do it again

Brenda glad the kitties are home How did you do yesterday OP??

Hey Donna !! Welcome back its good to see your trying again.

Well girls, its time for me to hit the road, DH just came back from food shopping...YEAH I KNOW HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! LOVE IT !!! so I gotta help him get the stuff into the house.

HUGS !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:15 AM   #17  
Baby Steps

Hi Leenie: Don't ya just LOVE having a house full of food? Gives you so much to choose from! Hope you're having a great weekend And I was OP yesterday except the little bit of crushed oreo topping I stuck on my LC ice cream. It actually wasn't that high in carbs. Something like 3 per TBSP. And oh YUMMY did it make the ice cream. The ice cream is gone now so I won't have to worry about over-eating on it.

I was going to make chili today. But that means going to the store and buying the ingredients. I'd rather scavenge in the freezer and make something here I think. I want to wait until I'm REALLY hungry for chili to make it. TOM finally hit and so far is being kind to me. Hardly any cramps or cravings. And I think staying home on the weekends is the trick to me staying OP
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 12:09 PM   #18  

Talking

Good morning all!

The sun is out and it's crisp outside....gotta love it!

Leenie, My dh likes to do the food shopping too. Isn't it great? Unfortunately I usually go to get my stuff. He buys a lot of processed stuff. But he checks out the flyers and circles sale items and all. How's the wee one feeling this morning? Better I hope. Yes, I'm trying again. Funny, Mammasita brought up the keto sticks. I can never get those things to turn more than a trace. But I drink about 64-80 oz of water on weekdays. Weekends are bad. I just don't remember to drink it. At work I leave it sitting on my desk.

Brenda, TOM or Aunt Flo as many refer to her as, can make or break an eating plan. Sometimes I'm craving for days before. Sweet and salty, chips and chocolate. Other times I'm fine. When I was late this month(think I'm peri-menipausal(sp?) ) I ate for the 2wks I waited. Ugh

Barbie, did you do full out atkins? did you use the ketosticks and only lose in ketosis? Well, I'm going to give it my all. I don't think I'll turn those sticks though. I plan on eating more veggies this time and I couldn't turn them when I was eating hardly any. Time will tell.

Well, I guess I should get myself in gear to do something around this neglected house.

ttyl
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:04 PM   #19  
Baby Steps

Donna: Hope you have a good day

Well, I'm making chili. DH said it also sounded good so I'm going to get it out of my system. As long as I take a bowl that's not full of noodles it should cut down on the carb count. Took awhile to drop down in weight, so I decided NOT to count that last WI. LOL. I figure I sabotage myself. Why? I've no clue!! Wish I knew!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:24 PM   #20  
on my way down again

I know this is the weekend thread, but I had to say thank you Leenie for sharing that. I always think I'm the only one who gained it back. And you're right, we can do it again.

Donna, Yes, I go gun-ho when I'm dieting. I'm a "perfect" dieter with no mistakes until I hit a wall of social eating when around people who don't like our diet. It annoys some for some reason (maybe don't want to see me succeed, I don't know), so I cave to keep the peace. Then it's hard to get back on for months. I've never used the sticks. No drug store has them around here or wants to know what they are. LOL And I've never ordered them online and should. But I know I'm in ketosis when I'm following the plan to a tee. It all works perfect for me then. I could just give up people and be skinny. (kidding) LOL
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote