Old 09-14-2004, 12:28 PM   #1  
Somethin's gotta give

Default Any chance Star?

After seeing Stars new picture ( sure hope that was LC envy I had to choke down) I think we can all agree shes done a fabulous job- she looks stunning....

so, I know youre a busy girl, but any chance you might sit down and post a list of the major tips and techniques you found to be the most effective in using this plan? The ones you think helped the most? I know you've probably done them one at a time in different posts but I sure would love to have a difinitive list I could print out

pretty please? with splenda on top?
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:42 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I hope now that she is almost at goal she won't leave us.

Marie, where did you get that tinkerbell signature thingy w/your name, that is SOOOO cute.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:02 PM   #3  

Star isn't working right now I think and I know she has been busy getting her house into shape she said. She must have a computer at home because she posted about her fall.

Hope you are feeling better!

We miss you Star!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:47 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

I definitely agree...Star has done WONDERS and is an inspiration for sure!!! I know she's gonna come back with "exercise" as part of how she achieved that magnificent bod of hers! I'm thinking I'm too lazy to get a body like that. Maybe I don't want it enough? But wonder if there's something else she's done that we're missing?? (in my case it's called self-control)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:51 PM   #5  
Somethin's gotta give

I've been gone too long- she fell?? Is she ok?
Leenie- I saw a signature like that and I thought it was so cute so I had Dale hunt down a guy who does them ( we didnt know him just found his work online) Dale wrote and asked if he would do one for me and a few days later we got an e mail where he told us to find it and that it would be deleted after 24 hours.....I can ask Dale if he still has his addee and you can give it a shot!

I hope she doesnt leave too....its a great inspiration to see her success....
Old 09-15-2004, 11:02 AM   #6  

She was out with her friends one night and she tripped on a curb I think it was but unfortunately fell on her face and chipped some teeth. She had some road burn on her face as well. She was in the process of getting her teeth fixed when we last saw her. Hope she is better now.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 01:26 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Yup, hope she's doing a lot better!!!

But you know...you ALL are inspirations to me!!!! You all are what keeps me trying!! So thanks to you all
Old 09-15-2004, 05:53 PM   #8  
Head Princess

You guys are so sweet!

I've been MIA for a while, I know. I'm just enjoying not working for a while and having a relaxing time away from everything. The teeth are fine - miraculously. And DH got a new job!!! It's much safer and pays almost 50% more than what he was previously making. Yippee!

As for tips, I don't know. There's a lot of things I've done and I have to keep switching it up so I don't get too accustomed to a certain technique and learn a way around it. And like Brenda said - exercise is non-negotiable. It doesn't matter if it's a walk around the block or dancing around the living room in a tiara. What matters is that you move! Here's some other things, though.

* Procrastinate. If I'm craving something 'bad', I'll just tell myself to wait until later. For some reason, the realization that food is never going to go away was a big one for me. I don't have to have creme brulee today or tomorrow or even in the next year. 10 years from now creme brulee will still exist and I got plenty of time down the road to enjoy it. It doesn't have to be right now.

* Shopping is good! And not just for the conventional reasons. Shopping gets you away from the kitchen, out of the house, and moving! Clothing shopping in particular is excellent because it's good for keeping me motivated. I don't buy things often, but trying on formals and clothing I'd not normally wear is fun!

* Write things down. Make notes on what you eat, when you eat it, why you eat it. How do you feel after eating certain things? Our bodies are complicated and writing it down will help you figure out just how different fuel sources impact you. You'll learn what makes you feel good, what gives you energy, what calms you down, what drains you, what never fills you up, what satisfies you. You can't master your relationship with food until you understand your own unique reactions to it.

* Laugh. It's good for your stomach muscles as well as your attitude. There's a saying about 'Whether you believe you can or you believe you cannot, you're right' I firmly believe that. So put a smile on, focus on positive things, and have a good time! This isn't punishment or drudgery, this is your life, so enjoy it!

* Be adventuous. You've seen me say it a million times with food. But it's not just about food. Try new things. Go new places. Do something you never thought you'd do. Energize your life as well as your palate.

Does that help? More and more I'm understanding that this is a mental game. Put your mind in the right place and the rest comes together quite nicely.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 06:01 PM   #9  

Star, Glad to here your doing well. Been wondering where you were. Figured you were enjoying your time off. Congrats on hubby's new job, now you can stay home and be a Princess all the time!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 06:02 PM   #10  
Somethin's gotta give

Oh crap- I wanted to hear "take this pill....want I should send you some?"

Not really, that helps totally.....youre right about so many of those things...weird how someone can say something in just the right and make you say "how come I never realized that before"

Hope you're feeling better....I hate those damn curbs and their tendency to jump in front of you....
Old 09-15-2004, 08:21 PM   #11  

Thanks for the great tips! I especially like the procrastinate one with the creme brulee analogy. I always thought I had to single handedly save the cheese cake industry before I went LC.

You look amazing Star...people like you that make such progress are such an inspiration!!!

Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:01 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

I totally wish I had your willpower Star!! Maybe I'm not to the point I need to be yet? Oh man, I started with good intentions and then let "slip ups" in and that's all it's been lately. Now I've got a weekend of chocolate torte to get through. I'll work on my willpower there---but not guaranteeing a dang thing
Old 09-15-2004, 10:15 PM   #13  
Head Princess

Thanks, I'm glad I could help a little

Brenda - Willpower has nothing to do with it. It's attitude! That's the difference. There is no "can't". You have to stop saying "I can't have that" "I can't control this". Throw the word out of your vocabulary. You can do whatever the **** you want to. Saying "can't" robs you of your power, responsibility, and esteem. Make your decisions your own. There is nothing I can't eat, but there are things I don't eat or won't eat. See the difference?

Like I said, this isn't punishment. This is fun So own it and enjoy it!

Off the soapbox now
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:50 PM   #14  

Quote:
"Willpower has nothing to do with it. It's attitude! That's the difference. There is no "can't". You have to stop saying "I can't have that" "I can't control this". Throw the word out of your vocabulary. You can do whatever the **** you want to. Saying "can't" robs you of your power, responsibility, and esteem. Make your decisions your own. There is nothing I can't eat, but there are things I don't eat or won't eat. See the difference?"

AMEN Sister!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote