Old 09-13-2004, 08:32 AM   #1  

Default Monday Chat 09-13-04

Am I the first one this morning?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:36 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Hi Jane hope you had a good weekend!!

Well, I'd love to be here to say I've stayed OP all through the weekend. Unfortunately a trip through McDonalds drive through killed that notion. But I managed to let that be the ONLY slip up. That was Saturday after shooting gun and walking around the gun club. It was an interesting day! Then yesterday I went with DH and helped him move tree stands (in anticipation of bow hunting of course) so I'm hoping that worked off whatever damage the fries and big mac did. I'm still wondering when I'll learn. Well, must have learned something cuz it wasn't an all-weekend thing. And it's a bummer too, cuz during the game club thing I DID stay OP. I tossed the bun, donuts (OMG they looked SOOO good!!) and pringles and just ate the brat and had water. I think THAT was my problem. I was hungry and tired and really didn't feel like making anything--and made a BAD choice at the drive through. Should have had a salad. So it's back onward again. Next time I'm hoping to be stronger (will power) and just get something healthier.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:36 AM   #3  

Well my week of eating everything and anything I felt like has caused a weight gain of 5 pounds. I deserve it.....I did it to myself. So back to the grindstone this week. I am adding in some fruit though. I mean how can that be bad when it is good for you. I have a small clementine and a golden delicious apple. I will start with the clementine and only eat the apple if I am really hungry.
Water, water everywhere! I will drink till I float away today. That helps get the bloat down some.

Tomorrow would be my 1 year anniversary on Atkins and now look what I have to show for it. A 5 pound gain. I really wanted to be at 150 on this day but I let it slip away. Now I am only down 18 pounds in 1 year. Very sad......and stupid.

One good thing though is that I was out on my bike this weekend....both days.....If I keep this up I will have a very tight butt when all is said and done! Boy what a workout.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:43 AM   #4  

Morning Brenda: We were posting at the same time. I know how you feel....believe me I do. All we can do is keep trying. Think about it this way....even if we were at goal wouldn't we gain once in a while and have to crack down for a week or so to get it back down. Just because we are in the losing process still doesn't mean that we won't gain once in a while. I know it is a pain in the butt to have to keep making the right choices. Why can't I go to McDonalds like everyone else? Well I guess we can't or actually we can we will just have to work harder another day to make sure that that one visit doesn't set us back weeks. Like my week last week.....you name it I ate it! Now I am up 5 pounds. But I still feel good and I am working out as best I can so what else can I do. I can eat healthy and work out once in a while......after that it is up to the Gods I guess.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:47 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Jane: had a feeling we were posting at the same time Glad you're having fun with your bike and can't wait for you to post a picture of your tight butt. lol. Congrats on your 1 year anniversary. I've got 4 months to go to hit that mark. Thought I'd be at goal by then...but with what I've been doing lately it's my own fault. And I'm sure exercising would help. I'm just so lazy!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:49 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Morning ladies!

I did really well this weekend and was OP and I made it to the gym 3 times this week so I feel finally on the upswing. I am dreading going to work today because I have to confront my boss and i just think that sucks to have to do. On friday they decided to segregate all of the part-time employees from the rest of their teams and put them in seating all the way across the room which pretty much cuts you off from your whole team, not to mention the fact that most of the part-time people will be sitting by them selves since we all have different schedules. Well I am not that kind of person, I have quit jobs before because of sitting by myself all day is like torture, and I am the kinda person that would rather be happy then worry about the money. So I have to talk to her cause they have been trying to get me to go full-time but I can't cause of the kids (and they know that) so she basically said "you can stay in your seat if you go full-time" so I felt totally discriminated against because in my eyes there is really nothing different from a part-time employee to full-time we all come and do our work.

Any who......

B- I wouldn't worry to much about the McD's.

Jane- Sounds like you came to terms and you are ready to move on. I agree about the fruit in summertime esp. I need it!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:53 AM   #7  

Theo'sgirl: Move all the part-time people to a separate area!!!!! I have never heard of such a thing. That is awful. What is their reasoning behind that? Makes no sense to me. We have a lot of part-time people and they are all happily mixed in with the rest of us.

Good for you getting in those work outs and staying OP! Can't say I did that's for sure!
Old 09-13-2004, 08:57 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

GOOD MORNING !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:58 AM   #9  

Morning Leenie
Old 09-13-2004, 08:58 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

HI Jane,
There was nor reasoning behind the move she just said the pod was for the full-time employees and now the other pod was for the part-time, I just felt like what are you saying I am not good enough to sit with the full-time people??? I see no difference between them and us and on a team there should be no them and us!! BUt basically that is what was said, so she is pretty much gonna be sorry she talked to me cause I am hopping mad and if she does nothing about it I will go to HR, they are usually pretty receptive.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:59 AM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

Morning Leenie Gal!!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 09:06 AM   #12  

Go get em Theo'sgirl!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #13  

Default Good morning ladies!

I can't believe I made it through a football weekend and stayed OP! Turkey legs are yummy, so it wasn't so hard We ended up walking around the LSU campus for hours. I don't know what my total milage was, but I felt like someone beat me up Sunday morning. Next weekend we are road tripping to the LSU vs. Auburn game in Alabama. Geaux LSU Tigahs!!!!! I guess what really helped me this weekend was going back and viewing other people's progress pictures and dreaming. I desperately want to be able to see my collar bone some day. I looked back at my own before pics the other day as well and promised myself that I was going to stick with this no matter what! Someday when I figure out how to post pictures I'll post em and scare ya'll

Brenda: You were one of the first people that offered me encouragement and hope when I came back to the boards...I know you can stay OP! Don't beat yourself up over the weekend, you are a very strong, smart woman and you definately have it in you to do this for YOU as well as all of the encouragement you offer to others! *hugs*

Jane: Yeah!!! for the bike riding this weekend!!! I'm going to build you a boat so you don't float away I need to start a water IV or something because I never get enough

Theo's girl: How do you keep yourself motivated to go to the gym? I know when I used to go I felt great afterwards, but I can't keep myself motivated to go. Sorry to hear about your work situation. I hope they wake and listen to you today.

Leenie: Good morning! How was your weekend?

I hope everyone is having a beautiful safe day!

Hugs!
Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:22 PM   #14  
PamPSM644

Hi,everyone.Discovered this site last friday. What a comfort it is to know all of you with your wisdom and encouragment are just a click away. I'm on my 4th week. I've desided to continue the intro for a while yet.Isn't hard to go to a gym? I assume all the women are thin and I'd feel ridiculas.I'd like access to a pool but the thought of putting on a bathing suit makes me quake in my shoes.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:32 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies, and WELCOME PAM !!!!! You go girl. We're glad you found us too. These ladies are the best so don't worry, you are in good hands lol
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote