Old 08-12-2004, 08:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Thursday Chat, August 12

Good morning everyone (This is the first time I am starting a thread).

Well today is four months that I have been low carbing and I feel great. I have lost 22 pounds, that is, on the average, little over 5 pounds a month and little over 1 pound a week. Now that I think back I know I lost at a reasonable rate but there has been times that I complain my head off that I wasn’t losing fast enough, LOL. I think I look good in cloths, but there are some bulges that still annoy me that I have to get rid of and soon. My hope is to be able to get rid of them in the next two months.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by rachelearth; 08-12-2004 at 08:30 AM.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:36 AM   #2  

Good morning Rachel: 22 pounds in 4 months is AWESOME! You have done so well. You should be proud of yourself. Have you tried some toning exercises? I think it helps tighten up the bulges.....I should talk!
Did you watch Chronicle last night by any chance? The show was about low carb/Atkins. There was one nutritionist that HATED this WOE. Dr. Tim Johnson said that it was fine....go on it for quick weight loss but get onto something more sensible in about 4 months. I hate hearing the negative stuff about this WOE. Makes me question my choice.

Well, feeling much better this morning. Boy yesterday was a funk! But I know I can do this and I just have to get my big old fat butt in gear and get it done! I really want a new exercise to do...something toning like I said to Rachel. I am going to look for a new video. I am getting bored with my walking.
I also need my low carb bagels!!!! Now that my local store closed I am going to have to get them off the web and pay shipping I just heard last night on TV that there is a place kind of close to me.....not really but not that far that I can't make the trip. I am going to see if I can find them.

I woke up late today so I didn't have time to make my lunch. Brought all the appropriate snacks at least. I will go out and get lunch....hope I don't mess up.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:37 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Rachel, your doing WONDERFUL !!! don't ever ever ever give up !! your stats are wonderful, shoot, 1 lb a week x 52 weeks WHOAH !!!! Hugs little sis.

Good Morning,

Things have been hairy at work and at home (well w/taking care of my mom that is), so I feel like I'm running on empty. Dieting has been not bad this week, not looking for any weight loss but I hope not to gain.

How's everyone today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:38 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Jane you beautiful woman you !!!

I love your teapot avitar, very country looking LOVE IT!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:39 AM   #5  

Aw shucks Leenie
Old 08-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Rachel: Congrats on your success and to many more where that comes from Keep up the good work!!

Well, this is my last day of work. Stepped on the scale expecting it not to move....but it went down 2 pounds!!! As always it won't STAY off (as I know TOM is coming and so is this weekend). But I was SO happy to see it go down. Then I got to thinking......THAT is how I ALWAYS felt every WEEK (cuz the scale went down). So what's my problem lately? Why can't I stay OP? Why can't I tough it out to see it go down? I mean come on, my dream IS to get into the 130's right? So what IS my problem. And of course that's as far as my thinking would let me go for now seeing how it got sidetracked with having to deal with the DD's problems, the cats & dog and of course getting ready for work. But one thing is clear to me....starting the day after my birthday I'm going to do my VERY best to stay OP (at least longer than 4 days a week). Decided IF I got off plan....it can ONLY be for ONEday...not the WHOLE weekend!!!! Babysteps!!! And the reason I picked after my birthday is because this way I have a goal date (kind of like the "start" date I used to have...but this will be a re-learning date )
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:45 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Jane: glad things are looking up for you!! Toning sounds fun. I just can't seem to do pilates though. I need an exercise partner...you know cuz I can't seem to exercise w/out someone beside me..cuz if I give up before they do I feel like a weenie

Leenie: Just keep plugging away. As the saying goes....Try Try again!!! That's all we can ever do!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:47 AM   #8  

Brenda: I can't do Pilates either. Everytime I do I hurt my neck or my back! I am going to look for a floor exercise type of toning tape. I have bands too from a class I took once. I may try to find a tape where I can use them. OR!!!! I could take her class again when it starts in September.....there's an idea!
Old 08-12-2004, 08:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Jane, I think I saw it without sound (channel 5, right), LOL. I could tell there were talking low carb since they kept showing Atkins and South Beach books, but I was talking to my friend on the phone and was sorry that I was missing that segment. Funny thing is that some how I though they were making negative comments and I started thinking the media is doing the biggest disservice to American people. I hope that by more successful people coming into the picture and showing how good and healthy they feel and how great they look the perception changes.

Leenie, I hope that things settle down both at work and home very soon.

Brenda, way to go on losing 2 pounds and I think it will stay off. I am keeping my fingers cross.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:40 AM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Rachel: You are doing fabulous! Congrats on your 22-pound loss!

Jane: What brand of low-carb bagels do you buy? Our Wal-Mart Supercenter carries a few brands.

Leenie: I hope things get less hairy for you.

Brenda: Way to go on losing two pounds! You're doing something right. Keep it up!

Well, I made the mistake of running to Wal-Mart last night to grab something to take to the get-together I am going to tonight. It was crazy! People were grabbing bottled water like crazy. Peanut butter was flying off the shelves. The canned goods aisle was empty. I didn't think there was as much to worry about since the hurricane is not tracked to hit us directly, but apparently there is? Last night, the weather forecasters said we might get quite a bit of rain, but that's about it where I'm at, and since I'm not in a flood zone, I figured things were OK. Everyone else didn't think so.

I decided to try to make an almond fruit dip. I found the recipe in an Atkins cookbook. I got some strawberries last night to dip in it. I hope it turns out OK.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:02 AM   #11  

Jina: The brand that I used to get was called Nutriwise. It is a local company. There used to be a good website that I found that had bagels and I can't remember.

Glad the hurricane is going to mostly miss you. We got an email yesterday about our Florida offices and their emergency plan just in case. They are in Tampa.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:26 AM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Hi ladies!!
I am feeling better, and stayed OP yesterday!!! Yippeeee, but the second day is always the hardest, so we will see how I conquer today. Keep you fingers crossed I might have found a home for our dog and they are experienced pit bull owners....so please keep your fingers crossed!! If we find a home for Toad then that will take a huge load off my mind. I just want him to have the best home possible.

I will have to come back for personals, since I am outta time, but I want all of you to have a GREAT LC DAY!!!!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:14 PM   #13  
Head Princess

Hello everyone!

Miss me?

Rachel - Happy 4 months! You're doing great!

Jane - Glad you're feeling better today. It seems we've all been having a more difficult time lately. For me, summer is always more difficult for some reason. I think it's because all the summer fun and running around leaves me lacking a sense of structure. I know it's all just my own perception and I need to just change how I look at things, but easier said than done

Leenie - Be sure to take some time out for YOU! Put on a tiara and go get a nice pedicure

Brenda - 2 pounds is great! Stop ruining your fun by telling yourself that it won't last, silly.

Jina - I'm glad you're out of the flood zone! I just read the craziest story about a 480 pound woman that they found out there in Florida who hadn't moved from her couch in so many years that her skin had actually become fused with the material on the couch! Did you see that story?

TG - It's good to hear you may have found a home for Toad! I would have loved to have taken him, but he'd likely think my 2 chihuahuas were snacks

Well, I ended up not being DD on Tuesday night, but that's not why I wasn't around yesterday. DH was in a mood and there was marital drama after we left downtown. I won't go into the ugly details, but when I cry a lot, my eyes get all swollen. When I got up yesterday morning, I could barely open my eyes because of how puffy they were. So I laid around with ice on them until I looked mostly human and then went out with a girlfriend.

She had gotten us tickets to go see Rent. We spend the afternoon going to goodwill and other inexpensive stores to find fancy dresses and then got all glamorized and went to the play. It was great! As an added bonus, DH was back to the person that I know and love by the time I got home. We haven't discussed things yet, but at least I'm not looking up lawyers (yeah, it was that bad).

So, onward!

Have a great day everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:26 PM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

TG: Glad you are back and better than ever!

Star: Oh my! No, I haven't heard that story. Yikes! Glad the marital drama is over. That always sucks!

Eeek! Apparently, the track of the hurricane has changed, and now it is headed straight for me! I just ran out to get some more canned food, bottled water and batteries. The stores are maddness! I'm not sure if I have to evacuate or not. One report said I did. Another said I didn't. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on things and make a decision before 2 p.m. tomorrow. Some friends and co-workers have offered their homes, but I feel bad imposing because I have a dog. DH's work got him a hotel in Tampa. I don't think they allow pets, though. Argh!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:30 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Jina - Be safe!!!! Here's one of the articles about that woman: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...body_0812.html

For those who are struggling with staying OP, here's the link to a interesting conversation that's currently going on in the maintainers forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...d=1#post647924
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote