Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday, August 10th Chat

Good Morning
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:34 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Hi Leenie Have a good day!!

Well, managed to stay OP yesterday despite my DH saying "you should have this" or "let's eat that". He decided last night to start Atkins with me (again) So it's onward to making it through another day!!! The weather is GREAT outside!! Well, if you like gloomy, chilly weather that is. It's the perfect weather for snuggling in bed!!! Unfortunately it happened on a non-snuggable day Only supposed to get up to 65 degrees today!! WOOHOO!! I love this weather!!! At this rate might as well take the girls pool down I got all the forms filled out for oldest DD to get registered for school on Wednesday. I have all the CHECKS written out also that they want. School registration, yearbook and of course pictures. Why do they smush them ALL at once??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:36 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

OH!!!! Sorry Star,, forgot to answer you. I tried the Kraft LC stuff....I wasn't crazy about it. So my search for BBQ sauce goes on!!!
I also have to ask my grocery store to order some CarbWell French dressing. Forgot the rest of the name. But it was GOOOD!!! And of course now that they've got me hooked on it they order other stuff that I don't like
Old 08-10-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  

Leenie: Good Morning! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Brenda: Congrats on staying OP. Isn't it fun having the DH do Atkins with you! Seems to me like it makes it so much easier!

Visited with my SIL last night for a while. We live next door and seems like we never see each other. She is so crazy. She has lost about 150llbs and is looking great. She has finally got to where she wants to be and is doing great. We are going to start walking every afternoon starting today. I'm excited! Well, time to get some breakfast and get this day started! I am soooooo looking forward to Friday! Being off on weekends is going to be great. We are heading to the beach Friday afternoon for the weekend!!! I'll check in a little later! Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:10 AM   #5  

Brenda: Check these out.....see if any of them interest you.

Bad Attitude Barbeque Sauce

Ingredients
8 canned chipotles in adobo sauce
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 medium onion -- finely chopped
4 cloves garlic -- minced
4 cups Lowcarb Ketchup
1 tablespoon chile powder
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1/3 cup malt vinegar
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup yellow mustard
6 ounces low carb Beer

Preparing
Finely chop chiles. Heat the oil and cook onion and garlic until soft. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil stirring constantly. Then turn down and let simmer until thick.

"Finger Lickin" Pickens' Sauce

Ingredients
2 cups Lowcarb Ketchup
4 tablespoons Horseradish
2 teaspoons A-1 steak sauce
1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon Whole celery seed
1/2 teaspoon Sage
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Soy sauce
1 cup Beer
2/3 cup Dark brown sugar (substitute with Sugar Twin brown sugar)
2 small Onions finely chopped
Juice of 2 lemons

Preparing
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring mixture to boil. Simmer sauce over medium-low heat, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring constantly..

Nutrition information per Tbsp: Calories, 7 Fat, 0.03 gram Carbohdrate, 1 gram Cholesterol, 0 milligram Sodium, 155 milligram

Last edited by jane8760; 08-10-2004 at 09:12 AM.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:00 AM   #6  
Total Sass Bucket

Howdy all

Nothing much to report.... no new disasters have happened and everything is going fairly smoothly for a change. I'm debating if I should go into work this week or not. I'm going to be there tues weds and thurs next week with no students and then Friday is only a half day. I should be able to get things in order next week, right??? If not, I think I'm slacking off!!
Trying to get back on some sort of plan. I haven't been on Atkins most of the summer and have gained back about 6 pounds... which, if you could see what I've been eating, you'd be shocked. I'm not sure if I'm going to go back on Atkins or not. I've made a few permanent lifestyle changes anyway, with no potatoes at EVERY meal like I used to and cutting back on peas and corn (my 2 fav veggies). I guess LOWER carb is what I'm going to be doing... but don't worry... I have no intentions of going to another board..... you guys are the BEST!!!

Happy Belated birthday!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:39 AM   #7  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Leenie - SMOOCHIES!!!!

Brenda - Great job!!! One day at a time, right? ****, one hour at a time or 15 minutes at a time if that's what it takes.

Mrs H - I'm so happy you're going to have weekends off! You've got more important things to focus on

Jane - Those recipes look fabulous!

Shimma - You'd better stick around!

I'm hanging right in there. It's back up around 100 degrees here so I spent a good part of my after-work time lounging in a friend's pool. Today is her 3rd wedding anniversary and her husband is in Iraq. So what are we going to do? A couple of us are taking her out (complete with a feather boa and tiara that I'm loaning her) and getting her thoroughly sloshed. Hey - what are friends for, right? I'm thinking of volunteering as DD so I'm forced into being good!

I tried making Betty Crocker lower carb walnut fudge brownies yesterday. If you follow the recipe, they're 13 grams each. So I made them into 24 mini-muffins instead of 16 brownies. Well, there would have been 24 mini-muffins if I hadn't eaten so much of the batter.

Have a great OP day everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:56 AM   #8  

Old 08-10-2004, 11:29 AM   #9  
Head Princess

What's so funny?
Old 08-10-2004, 11:36 AM   #10  

Hi all!

Star - were they any good? I've thought about trying them, but wasn't sure if they'd be any good.
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:26 PM   #11  
Head Princess

They are sooooooooooo good! Taste just like the real thing!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:46 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Lisa: glad you and SIL are getting together Enjoy your walks!!

Jane: Thanks for the recipes. DH'll have to whip them up (he's the adventurous cook around here) so we can try them

Shimma: oh yah!! Enjoy the time off while you can. Before you know it you won't have a choice on whether to be there or not. Sure hope ya pop in to say hi!!

Star: YOU'RE going to be DD???? Sorry, you seemed like the ringleader of bad girls so figured that'd be impossible The brownies sound GREAT!!!

Kerri: How's it going?

When DH gets home we're taking the girls school shopping. Then he mentioned going out to eat Not sure that's a good idea. I don't know how to stay OP at restaurants!! I also am taking off work Thursday & Friday. Thursday because tomorrow we're (the oldest DD's GS troop) supposed to be camping (hoping that gets cancelled due to weather--cold & rain forcasted) so figured I'd need the day off Thursday to recuperate from lack of sleep and taking Friday off seeing how DH's Grandpa's ashes are being buried. Not sure what took so long for THAT to happen. But then we're going material shopping (notebooks, pencils, pens, etc) on Friday. DH talked about going out to eat then too yikes!!!!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:47 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

lol. Forgot to mention...the girls called me up at work "mom we can't find Kayle's cat". Told them I'd look for it when I got home. I got home and they had found it. It had crawled into her drawer....and while they were looking for it, they shut the drawer to look UNDER the dresser..so it was stuck in the drawer. They all of a sudden heard it scratching and mewwing. Alls well that ends well
Old 08-10-2004, 02:18 PM   #14  

Well, I was going to be bad at lunch but as I was walking to the sub shop I talked myself out of it and ended up getting a salad with tuna. Being good isn't as much fun and doesn't taste as good as being bad

Star: I was laughing because of the brownies....."Well, there would have been 24 mini-muffins if I hadn't eaten so much of the batter" That always happens to me too.

Brenda: Glad the girls found the kitty. I think going out to eat is easier than anything actually. Except for having to make choices that we may not want to make there is a lot to offer.

Shimma: I understand how you feel.....I have been tossing around the idea in my head of trying something other than Atkins....stay with the no potato, bread etc thing.....but I just don't know if I can do it. I have been doing this for so long now....I wouldn't mind a change though. I would just like to get within 5 pounds of my goal before my 1 year Atkins anniversary. But if I keep sneaking in stuff I shouldn't that isn't going to happen.

LOVE2C135:
Old 08-10-2004, 02:50 PM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: Hey!

Brenda: Good job! Keep it going!

Mrs H: Enjoy your weekend -- and relax!

Jane: Thanks for the recipes.

Shimma: Glad you have no intentions of leaving!!

Star: I'm salivating about the brownies. I probably shouldn't make them until I have a little more control over my eating!

Kerri: Hi!

It feels so good to get back on track completely. I just can't keep making exceptions because there is nothing else I can eat. It seems like it happens a lot with friends. I've just got to stand up and say I can't eat that. Who cares if they think I'm being picky -- we're talking about my health here!

I've got to take an appetizer to a get-together on Thursday, and I've been debating about what to make. I'm all about something that's cheap and easy, but still tasty and low-carb, of course. At least I still have a little time to decide...

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote